What's the ruling: Graphics on a resume

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: What's the ruling: Graphics on a resume

Postby Shyster on Fri May 10, 2013 4:05 pm

thepittman wrote:I think you are in an extreme minority

In thinking that appearances matter?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Iof holdfy cap one on Shydyers is dpoubd go plkease peyay fewr mew

Postby tifosi77 on Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm

No, in thinking that they matter so much that using an arcane typeface that no one has ever heard of will be a difference maker. But I somehow think you would wear that distinction as a badge of pride. :thumb: :wink:
tifosi77
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shyster on Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm

tifosi77 wrote:No, in thinking that they matter so much that using an arcane typeface that no one has ever heard of will be a difference maker. But I somehow think you would wear that distinction as a badge of pride. :thumb: :wink:

I’m not necessarily arguing that it will be an automatic difference maker. I am saying that good typography and page layout will affect the way people respond to a document, and good typography includes appropriate type selection. Also, the fact that none of the typefaces I mentioned are included for free with popular computer products does not mean that they are obscure. Minion, Bembo, Sabon, and the various flavors of Garamond are mainstays of book printing. Anyone who has read more than a handful of printed books in the last 20 years or so has almost certainly read something set using one of those typefaces. For example, every Harry Potter book sold in the United States was printed in Adobe’s version of Garamond.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Iof holdfy cap one on Shydyers is dpoubd go plkease peyay fewr mew

Previous

Return to NHR