British soldier hacked to death - on a London street

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

British soldier hacked to death - on a London street

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Perps probably thought they could hack normally unarmed cops...but an armed detail was dispatched and shot them both.

Wow...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/world/europe/uk-london-attack/index.html
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: British soldier hacked to death - on a London street

Postby newarenanow on Wed May 22, 2013 4:06 pm

I just read that. Awful. That guy is nuts.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Horrible. Islamic radicalization is a MAJOR problem in the Great Britain, much more so than on the European mainland. 36% of young Muslims in the UK believe conversion to another religion should be punished by death.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Holy crap.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Horrible. Islamic radicalization is a MAJOR problem in the Great Britain, much more so than on the European mainland. 36% of young Muslims in the UK believe conversion to another religion should be punished by death.

I met a German man from Berlin who would beg to differ. He moved from Berlin specifically because of the population shift and subsequent rise in violence. But his view point is skewed and the actual statistics (like they even matter :roll: ) might support your statement.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Horrible. Islamic radicalization is a MAJOR problem in the Great Britain, much more so than on the European mainland. 36% of young Muslims in the UK believe conversion to another religion should be punished by death.

Shaf, and maybe you can agree with me, but I can almost understand some of the anti-immigrant sentiment in certain European countries.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Sarcastic wrote:

Shaf, and maybe you can agree with me, but I can almost understand some of the anti-immigrant sentiment in certain European countries.

The dude I was talking to this weekend said the population of Berlin is more than 50% Turkish. I didn't look it up but it wouldn't surprise me if it was close to that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Sarcastic wrote:

I understand it, but it shouldn't or never had to be that way. When you have decades of rampant immigration with ZERO cultural integration, you end up with gigantic geographic areas that want to adopt everything up to and including the rule of law from their country of emigration. The melting pot simply doesn't exist...no one ever turned the heat up.

I recall there have been constant calls for the use of Sharia law in several predominantly Islamic London suburbs.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

The dude I was talking to this weekend said the population of Berlin is more than 50% Turkish. I didn't look it up but it wouldn't surprise me if it was close to that.

Yes and these Turks, from one generation to the next, refuse to learn the German language or go to school or do anything to really integrate themselves into the society.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Gutless cowards take their "fight" to the street against an unarmed man instead of taking their fight to the area where they would meet armed men and have to battle it out.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Religion of peace

Spoiler:
ib4 "they're not all bad so why lump them all together"
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

I understand it, but it shouldn't or never had to be that way. When you have decades of rampant immigration with ZERO cultural integration, you end up with gigantic geographic areas that want to adopt everything up to and including the rule of law from their country of emigration. The melting pot simply doesn't exist...no one ever turned the heat up.

I recall there have been constant calls for the use of Sharia law in several predominantly Islamic London suburbs.

Yeah. I don't know how it came to this. Bad immigration policy? Too much at a time?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 22, 2013 4:25 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Religion of peace

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't mind lumping all religions together.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

Yes and these Turks, from one generation to the next, refuse to learn the German language or go to school or do anything to really integrate themselves into the society.

how do they make a living?

Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Religion of peace

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't mind lumping all religions together.

:lol:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Bioshock on Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Religion of peace

Spoiler:
Until you worship someone they don't agree with
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

count2infinity wrote:how do they make a living?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/world/europe/16iht-letter16.html
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/turks-in-germany-are-a-time-bomb

2 good articles to read.

From the second one...

Three million Turks live already in Germany already, while 2.5 million of them have German nationality, and the majority of them are conservative Muslims.

Very few Turks in Germany have a regular job; about 20%. The other 80% live on the so-called Hartz IV (state social benefits). 70% of their children have no GCSE; they left school before they finished their basic education.

"They cannot find a job? That is not true. There are jobs out there. But they prefer to live on state benefits and lead an easy life. Why should they work? Further, the German social benefit system doesn't encourage them or force them to accept any job." Says Hartmut.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby doublem on Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

We apologize that women had to see this today but in our lands our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government. They don't care about you."
Those statements spurred the Muslim Council of Britain to issue a strong statement to condemn the attack as "a truly barbaric act that has no basis in Islam," as well as to urge Muslim and non-Muslims alike "to come together in solidarity to ensure the forces of hatred do not prevail."
In another video -- obtained by the British tabloid newspaper The Sun and apparently shot in the same place around the same time -- the meat-cleaver-wielding suspect apologized to women who'd witnessed the attack, before quickly adding "but in our lands our women have to see the same."
"You people will never be safe," the man said. "Remove your government. They don't care about you. You think (Prime Minister) David Cameron is going to get caught in the street when we start busting our guns? ... Get rid of them. Tell them to bring our troops back so we can all live in peace."

wow shocker here.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm

The video of the guy talking with his hands covered in blood holding knives is crazy, it's doesn't seem real
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Can't we all just get along, you bastards?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Gaucho wrote:Can't we all just get along, you bastards?

No
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed May 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Eyewitness accounts on the Telegraph website are chilling
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Religion is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed May 22, 2013 6:03 pm

canaan wrote:Religion is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It can be. It can also be extremely beneficial to others. Its is a dual edge sword.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Wed May 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Rylan wrote:
canaan wrote:Religion is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It can be. It can also be extremely beneficial to others. Its is a dual edge sword.

Pretty much. It's closed minded IMO to just forsake religion all together. Same goes for anything really.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby doublem on Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 pm

The only reasons we killed this man this is because Muslims are dying daily," he added, in video aired by CNN affiliate ITN. "This British soldier is an eye for an eye a tooth for tooth."
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to NHR