Scamming Season at Sheetz

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Scamming Season at Sheetz

Postby mac5155 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 pm

There was always a "cancer patient" at the steps leaving mellon arena up towards the melody tent lots
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 am

yubb wrote:A guy hit my old lady up for money a few years back. She said she didn't have any and said "Want to find an ATM?"

Was he trying to sell speakers out of a white van?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimreb on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am

Only time I was ever scammed at a Sheetz was at the one near BWW in Monroeville. Had some young hippie chick come up to me saying she needed some money to put gas in her car to get home. I told her I would go in the store and put $10 on her pump instead of just giving her the money outright. I thought I was doing a good deed, but after seeing this thread, I think I may have been scammed.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jimjom on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 am

^^ jimreb, she probably used the gas to drive to the city and get more drugs. :)
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 am

jimjom wrote:^^ jimreb, she probably used the gas to drive to the city and get more drugs. :)

Slip her the salami next time and she can just sleep in the parking lot. Make sure you visit the store first to protect said meat log.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimreb on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
jimjom wrote:^^ jimreb, she probably used the gas to drive to the city and get more drugs. :)

Slip her the salami next time and she can just sleep in the parking lot. Make sure you visit the store first to protect said meat log.

I would definitely need some of that, because she looked kind of dirty....and I don't mean dirty in the good sort of way.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 pm

jimreb wrote:Only time I was ever scammed at a Sheetz was at the one near BWW in Monroeville. Had some young hippie chick come up to me saying she needed some money to put gas in her car to get home. I told her I would go in the store and put $10 on her pump instead of just giving her the money outright. I thought I was doing a good deed, but after seeing this thread, I think I may have been scammed.

Was she cute? I knew a lot of cute hippy girls.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimreb on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:49 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
jimreb wrote:Only time I was ever scammed at a Sheetz was at the one near BWW in Monroeville. Had some young hippie chick come up to me saying she needed some money to put gas in her car to get home. I told her I would go in the store and put $10 on her pump instead of just giving her the money outright. I thought I was doing a good deed, but after seeing this thread, I think I may have been scammed.

Was she cute? I knew a lot of cute hippy girls.

She was young(20ish), I'm old(40ish), so I guess she was Ok(I found the older you get that your standards in women decline with each year, lol), just looked a little dirty(again not in the good way) for my taste.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to NHR