Fantasy Football Discussion

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fantasy Football Discussion

Postby Beveridge on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Just wait till Nicks has Cam throwing to him next year. :slug:
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'd just hope for a Nicks TD. Dallas' defense has like 3 healthy players.

I have been hoping for a Nicks TD all year. It seems like Randle is getting them all even Cruz's share of them.

Yeah If Randle was an option i'd play him ahead of Nicks for sure.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:30 pm

I just offered the guy who lost Rodgers as his QB Wilson and Ivory for D. Murray straight up and he said he would need a better RB option to even consider that deal.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:49 pm

ajh2298 wrote:I just offered the guy who lost Rodgers as his QB Wilson and Ivory for D. Murray straight up and he said he would need a better RB option to even consider that deal.

That's a bad trade for you IMO.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:I just offered the guy who lost Rodgers as his QB Wilson and Ivory for D. Murray straight up and he said he would need a better RB option to even consider that deal.

I know it was but with Stafford as my QB I have no use for Wilson so I figured I would deal him. I like Murray a little more than Ivory so I figured I try and trade with the one guy in the league who could use a QB. I just cant believe that he turned the deal down based on Ivory not being a better RB option than Murray. I was giving him a top 5 QB and a top 20 RB for a top 20 RB.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 pm

He's foolish for that unless he has Foles
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:01 pm

mac5155 wrote:

Nope he has Case Keenum and he is still holding on to Rodgers even though his playoff chances are "very iffy" at best. Lets just put it this way he scored 33 points this week using ESPN standard scoring. I just checked he would have lost to nine other teams benches this week alone. Hell Big Ben out scored his whole team all by himself.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IanMoran on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Just finished making a deadline deal for Demaryius Thomas...

Man do I REALLY want to win this league. Its the 5th year of a keeper league, and honestly (humble brag) I've built a really good team. I've made the playoffs each year (usually with the best record / points, etc).. and have never once won a playoff game. Everyone knows each other well in this league and I get harassed for it regularly

2 years ago my powerful team suddenly all STUNK.
Last year I put up the highest point total of anyone all season in the league... only to have the 4th seed top that and set a new high. I also lost by 1 after his D got 8 points on Mark Sanchez's "butt fumble returned for td" as time expired

Starting lineup this year. 6 pts per passing td / PPR
P. Manning
Peterson
Lynch
Sproles
D. Thomas
A. Johnson
V. Davis

If I lose first round again... I may give up lol
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:31 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

I know it was but with Stafford as my QB I have no use for Wilson so I figured I would deal him. I like Murray a little more than Ivory so I figured I try and trade with the one guy in the league who could use a QB. I just cant believe that he turned the deal down based on Ivory not being a better RB option than Murray. I was giving him a top 5 QB and a top 20 RB for a top 20 RB.

Yikes.... Can't believe he turned that down.

Seems like an "everyone wins" (it helps you, but helps him a lot more)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

Nope he has Case Keenum and he is still holding on to Rodgers even though his playoff chances are "very iffy" at best. Lets just put it this way he scored 33 points this week using ESPN standard scoring. I just checked he would have lost to nine other teams benches this week alone. Hell Big Ben out scored his whole team all by himself.

Some guys are just difficult to deal with... The problem here is that MOST people have a strong qb.... so wilson won't improve that many teams so don't have many other options.

How's the Matt Ryan, Kaepernick or Michael Vick, etc owner looking?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:54 pm

IanMoran wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

Some guys are just difficult to deal with... The problem here is that MOST people have a strong qb.... so wilson won't improve that many teams so don't have many other options.

The Matt Ryan owner is the guy that's one game behind me so I don't want to help him out at all. The Kaepernick guy now plays Foles and is out of it. And the guy who has Vick also has Dalton and is also out of it.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:58 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

The Matt Ryan owner is the guy that's one game behind me so I don't want to help him out at all. The Kaepernick guy now plays Foles and is out of it. And the guy who has Vick also has Dalton and is also out of it.

Targeting guys that are out of it is a time honored fantasy past time. Get on your horse.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 am

Missed out on Rainey but I did get Mendenhall. So now I need 1 WR 1 RB and a flex out of this crew.

Ivory
Mendenhall
Allen
Nicks
K. Wright

Thanks
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:45 pm

do i go with McCown or pick someone up from waivers? Ben? Eli?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby IanMoran on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:35 pm

eddysnake wrote:do i go with McCown or pick someone up from waivers? Ben? Eli?

Ben
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:37 pm

ajh2298 wrote:Missed out on Rainey but I did get Mendenhall. So now I need 1 WR 1 RB and a flex out of this crew.

Ivory
Mendenhall
Allen
Nicks
K. Wright

Thanks

Ivory
Wright
Allen

Only easy decision is must start Ivory though... after that becomes more preference
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Kendall Wright is available in my league. Is he any good?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Also put in a claim for Rainey, dropped Cobb. I'll get him, since im in dead last. :(
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

mac5155 wrote:Kendall Wright is available in my league. Is he any good?

He seems good for ppr leagues but nothing else. He hasn't had a TD catch since week two and gets no targets inside the ten yard line.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah, didn't think so, so no good in my league. :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:16 pm

mac5155 wrote:Yeah, didn't think so, so no good in my league. :pop:

Yea.. he's a much better IRL wr than fantasy. I have him in dynasty, hoping eventually his situation changes. He reminds me of Welker a lot

(Sorry, I know only white wr may get that comparison)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm

If you were a Zac Stacy owner, would you laugh at Cameron + Andre Brown for him? Your TE is Garret Graham, and RBs MJD, + TRich, McGahee, Brian Leonard and Lamar Miller.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 pm

mac5155 wrote:If you were a Zac Stacy owner, would you laugh at Cameron + Andre Brown for him? Your TE is Garret Graham, and RBs MJD, + TRich, McGahee, Brian Leonard and Lamar Miller.

I think a lineup of Brown / Cameron > Stacy / Graham. So I'd do it in a vaccum (although I'd look for a better deal, as Cameron is just not getting red-zone looks with Campbell / entire passing game has been Josh Gordon)

But you're a Cameron owner... so I'm guessing this is just frustration?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:30 pm

I think you missed the boat with trading Cameron. He's going to take a hit where I dont think he's a much better option than Garrett Graham at this point. Keenum might actually improve Graham where Campbell will bring Cameron down.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:40 pm

I am a Cameron owner, and yes, I missed the boat.. however I needed him up until Gronk came back. At least when he got cold, Gronk came back.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR