Fantasy Football Discussion

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fantasy Football Discussion

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:6. Sell, he'll probably finish just outside top 10 RBs he's not gonna be great though IMO

Isn't predicting Sjax as "just outside the top 10" buying?

ADP
Foster
Lynch
Rice
Martin
Charles
Spiller
Richardson
Morris
McCoy

^Top 10 backs. Saying those are the only guys you'd have above him is a pretty strong "buy" imo
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:37 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:6. Sell, he'll probably finish just outside top 10 RBs he's not gonna be great though IMO

Isn't predicting Sjax as "just outside the top 10" buying?

ADP
Foster
Lynch
Rice
Martin
Charles
Spiller
Richardson
Morris
McCoy

^Top 10 backs. Saying those are the only guys you'd have above him is a pretty strong "buy" imo

IMO buying is saying he'll be top 10. I don't see it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 pm

When you get into the MJD, Gore, Ridley, Forte, CJ?K tier I feel those guys are fairly even. Assuming health I probably go

Ridley
MJD
Gore
CJ?K
Jackson
Forte

But I could even see gambling on more upside plays but less proven plays of Ball, Bell, or Miller over Jackson or Forte.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby opie22002 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I have a feeling Darius Heyward Bay will have a good season in Indy.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Forte has to be at the top of that list
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:When you get into the MJD, Gore, Ridley, Forte, CJ?K tier I feel those guys are fairly even. Assuming health I probably go

Ridley
MJD
Gore
CJ?K
Jackson
Forte

But I could even see gambling on more upside plays but less proven plays of Ball, Bell, or Miller over Jackson or Forte.

I go:
Sjax
Forte
Ridley
Gore
CJ2k
MJD

Assuming health I go MJD as #1 on that list though..

So I guess your "sell" makes sense now.

I'm pretty damn high on Sjax...

Turner, last year averaged 3.6 yards per carry. Had 928 total yards on 231 touches... 11 touchdowns \

While Sjax averaged 4.2 yards per carry, had 200 more yards receiving.. 400 more total yards.. 4 tds.

If he can just replicate his play last year, he'll put up some good fantasy numbers with that offense
Last edited by IanMoran on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Forte has to be at the top of that list

I think you're forgetting Michael Bush and his "goal line back" status
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby opie22002 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:49 am

I did a mock 14 team draft. I picked 8th. Thoughts on the results of my team are appreciated:

Your Team

1.8Marshawn Lynch, Sea
2.7Demaryius Thomas, Den
3.8Victor Cruz, NYG
4.7Darren McFadden, Oak
5.8Matthew Stafford, Det
6.7Chris Ivory, NYJ
7.8Giovani Bernard, Cin
8.7Anquan Boldin, SF
9.8Jermichael Finley, GB
10.7DeAndre Hopkins, Hou
11.8Josh Freeman, TB
12.7Cordarrelle Patterson, Min
13.8Jordan Cameron, Cle
14.7Matt Prater, Den
15.8San Diego Chargers, SD
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:54 am

Seeing Marshawn lynch go in the first round warms my heart. You got great value on Stafford. Its hard for me to gauge in 14 team leagues, i've never been in one in football.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby opie22002 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am

RB's go quickly in 14 team leagues. I like Bernard as a sleeper this year. I'm targeting Stafford, Kaepernick, or Ryan in the middle rounds.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IanMoran on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Anyone ever do a dynasty league?

We can keep anyone you want for however long you want, next drafts from now on will be rookies

What do you guys think of my roster?

PPR, 6 pt per passing td
Standard: QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX D K starting lineup

QB: Drew Brees, Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith
RB: Darren Sprolles, Frank Gore, Johnathan Stewart, Ronnie Hillman, Mike Gilslee, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, Jeremy Maclin, Stevie Johnson, Michael Flloyd
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jarod Cook, Martellus Bennett
D: Bears
K: Gotowski

I went in under the impression that in dynasty start up draft.. RBs aren't as value as normal because of their limited years. The RBs FLEW off the board. I'm hoping Sprolles / Gore can hold off, and then rookie rbs are always biggest rookies ever year

Thoughts on roster?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Really don't like that running back situation, and I'm usually not a huge RB guy. Although, I guess Sproles is probably pretty solid in ppr? If it had to be Sproles/Gore, I'd have rather seen a high upside guy somewhere on the bench.

Did you go Mega - Brees - Graham?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I picked 5th..

I went Calvin, graham, Thomas, Brees.

It was just insane, every pick was rb.. So I just tried to collect value.

I then planned on collecting really high upside backups, but at that point people kept selecting rbs that were borderline even making their nfl teams. So I just figured screw it and took Stevie Johnson and maclin. I couldn't justify taking the rbs that were going over them.

Maybe I should have went with the flow more.. Time will tell
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:56 pm

I think sprolles / gore will be fine for next year in ppr when I have absolute studs / top of position guys everywhere else

May have to try to trade up for the top rookie rbs next year though (at least hopefully, because would mean I had a good year)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Passing on an RB at 5 seems risky, but the more I look at it and think about it, the more I like how you handled the draft. I am shocked you got Brees in the 4th in a dynasty draft. That is an awesome pick. Running backs are volatile. Mega, Graham, and Brees are three of the least volatile players you can draft. Brees + Graham should win you some weeks. I am a big fan of not buying into a run if you can steal talent at a different position by skipping the run. Looks like you definitely did that. If you are vigilant about opportunities to get some running backs with upside, then I think you will come out ahead.

Who were the top 4 RBs? If Martin or Richardson were there at 5 I'd probably rather see that pick, but I can understand going with Mega if those two were snapped up.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am

Kraftster wrote:Passing on an RB at 5 seems risky, but the more I look at it and think about it, the more I like how you handled the draft. I am shocked you got Brees in the 4th in a dynasty draft. That is an awesome pick. Running backs are volatile. Mega, Graham, and Brees are three of the least volatile players you can draft. Brees + Graham should win you some weeks. I am a big fan of not buying into a run if you can steal talent at a different position by skipping the run. Looks like you definitely did that. If you are vigilant about opportunities to get some running backs with upside, then I think you will come out ahead.

Who were the top 4 RBs? If Martin or Richardson were there at 5 I'd probably rather see that pick, but I can understand going with Mega if those two were snapped up.

Actually, I just looked.

I went: Calvin, Graham, Thomas, Fitzgerald, THEN Brees, then my rbs

No one was touching qbs yet, I didn't want to jump that early, the rbs were looking pretty bad already at that point (I actually think where I got Sprolles / Gore was great compared to other rbs selected around them).. So I just went Fitz (thinking he can be great with Palmer / Arians)

So yea, I got Brees in the 5th round just to give an impression of how rb-focused the draft was for everyone else.

The top 5 picks in the draft were:
1. Martin
2. Richardson
3. McCoy
4. Charles
5. Calvin (me)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Just had a guy offer, then back out of a great deal for Ray Rice :(
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:41 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Passing on an RB at 5 seems risky, but the more I look at it and think about it, the more I like how you handled the draft. I am shocked you got Brees in the 4th in a dynasty draft. That is an awesome pick. Running backs are volatile. Mega, Graham, and Brees are three of the least volatile players you can draft. Brees + Graham should win you some weeks. I am a big fan of not buying into a run if you can steal talent at a different position by skipping the run. Looks like you definitely did that. If you are vigilant about opportunities to get some running backs with upside, then I think you will come out ahead.

Actually, I just looked.

No one was touching qbs yet, I didn't want to jump that early, the rbs were looking pretty bad already at that point (I actually think where I got Sprolles / Gore was great compared to other rbs selected around them).. So I just went Fitz (thinking he can be great with Palmer / Arians)

So yea, I got Brees in the 5th round just to give an impression of how rb-focused the draft was for everyone else.

1. Martin
2. Richardson
3. McCoy
4. Charles
5. Calvin (me)

Adrian Peterson ...???
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

Actually, I just looked.

1. Martin
2. Richardson
3. McCoy
4. Charles
5. Calvin (me)

Adrian Peterson ...???

He's 28 and a RB.... For dynasty in which you keep player as long as you want, I figured Calvin will give me a lot more elite years... ADP probably only has like 3 more years at the top (if you go by what rbs do historically around 30... granted if anyone could buck that trend it'd be ADP)

ADP is CLEARLY #1 in regular leagues.. I had him ranked #12 in dynasty though.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby drnort on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Adrian Peterson ...???

He's 28 and a RB.... For dynasty in which you keep player as long as you want, I figured Calvin will give me a lot more elite years... ADP probably only has like 3 more years at the top (if you go by what rbs do historically around 30... granted if anyone could buck that trend it'd be ADP)

I think too many people outsmart themselves in dynasty startup drafts. The only 2 backs I would consider over Peterson are Martin and Richardson. Too many things can change from year to year in the NFL. I would take Petersons 3-4 years well before I would worry about his age. No problem with the Calvin pick though. He is a Top 3 pick in most dynasty startups right now.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:08 pm

If I could take anyone long term, I'd be taking AP. You'll pickup other people worth keeping between now and when he's gone.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Just got offered: (same dynasty league).

Ray Rice for D. Thomas / Frank Gore..

Probably going to pull it..
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:27 pm

So a 3rd and a 6th for mid 1st round pick. Probably makes sense.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:If I could take anyone long term, I'd be taking AP. You'll pickup other people worth keeping between now and when he's gone.

Bingo
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Kraftster wrote:So a 3rd and a 6th for mid 1st round pick. Probably makes sense.

Got him to throw in rookie 2nd round pick next year too (if that makes a difference) lol
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR