A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am

Image
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Dickie Dunn on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am

count2infinity wrote:Image


I commonly see him referred to as "Meth Damon".


There's a ton of recap and highlight videos on YouTube for Breaking Bad, but I thought this one was awesome.

Spoiler:
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,632
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Holy checkmate, Hank. You're done... for now.

What was with the cigarette packet that got Jesse so angry. Someone texted me and I read it then looked up and Jesse is freaking out over a cigarette packet...
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:55 pm

No idea...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,516
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh... the ricin. Now I get it.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 pm

wow...

Image
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah. It's hitting the fan.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,516
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Staggy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Loved tonight's episode. I think my jaw was permanently dropped from 9:20 to 10:03. A little confused about the opening though. Those are always important, so I'm guessing its just to make sure we don't forget about the Lydia/Todd plot line that's going on.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,836
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am

I'm assuming the blood that the one Nazi guy wiped off his shoe was from Declan's crew? The episode last night was absolutely fantastic. I love Jesse's character. If he doesn't win some sort of award for his role in this series, I'll be surprised.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Gaucho on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 am

That was awesome.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,640
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 am

My wife kept asking, "what is happening, where is he going, why is he walkin away..." and I was just speechless. Funny, because I was certain that Walt would work on a plan to frame Hank. Possible that Walt was seeking to keep Hank associated with this particular case all along, long con style?? Has Gus' tracking files on his laptop at home, was hit by the Cartel even though Feds are 'off limits'... I'm wondering if he will manipulate Hank to to some more dirty work before its all over...

This season vaulted BB over any other show that came before it. Acting, chemistry, story, tension... has it all. I watched 1-5.5 in preparation for the last 8 ep., and am already planning to watch it again after its over...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,201
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

the scenes from next week showed the inside of the white household intact. so does that mean they're using stock footage or does jesse not actually wreck the place?

also, if it is jesse who does all that damage, it wouldn't be him who paints "heisenberg" on the wall, since he couldn't just hang out while it burned and then apply a crisp layer of paint. he'd have to get out of there.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,347
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 am

I also don't remember the place being burnt upon Walt's return from New Hampshire. The place looked relatively intact.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 am

I think you're gonna see a motivated Jesse from here on. He finally felt like emotionally Walt was there for him, but then the ricin was gone, and he realized again he was just a means to an end, and Walt doesn't actually care about him.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,164
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 am

count2infinity wrote:I also don't remember the place being burnt upon Walt's return from New Hampshire. The place looked relatively intact.


ah yes...just watched the flash forward from a couple weeks ago. not burned - just abandoned. so i imagine walt shows up and something goes down with him and jesse before he does any damage.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,347
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 am

Jesse didn't just realize the ricin cig was gone, did he?

It really took a while for me to understand the epiphany that he was having. I came up with:

Jesse realized that his pot was gone and put together that Saul's guy must have swiped it. He then pulled out his pack of cigs for a smoke (this pack having nothing to do with the ricin cigarette, surely, right?). In the midst of doing this and while still reflecting upon having his pot swiped he realized that he didn't carelessly misplace the ricin cigarette before but that Saul must have had it stolen from him (now knowing that his dude is some pickpocket). Then he starts to put it all together.

Is this right? I guess I don't have a clear enough recollection of where things were left with the Brock poisoning, but I can't believe Jesse still has the ricin cigarette pack that he's toting around.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,731
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 am

I thought Walt took the ricin cigarette a longgg time ago?
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,164
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

Kraftster wrote:Jesse didn't just realize the ricin cig was gone, did he?

It really took a while for me to understand the epiphany that he was having. I came up with:

Jesse realized that his pot was gone and put together that Saul's guy must have swiped it. He then pulled out his pack of cigs for a smoke (this pack having nothing to do with the ricin cigarette, surely, right?). In the midst of doing this and while still reflecting upon having his pot swiped he realized that he didn't carelessly misplace the ricin cigarette before but that Saul must have had it stolen from him (now knowing that his dude is some pickpocket). Then he starts to put it all together.

Is this right? I guess I don't have a clear enough recollection of where things were left with the Brock poisoning, but I can't believe Jesse still has the ricin cigarette pack that he's toting around.


IIRC, walt planted the ricin cigarette into jesse's vacuum cleaner to make him think that's what happened to it. so it wasn't a mystery to jesse what happened to it. and now he's just putting all the lies together. i think.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,347
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 am

GSdrums87 wrote:I thought Walt took the ricin cigarette a longgg time ago?


Well, now we know that Walt had Saul or someone at Saul's direction steal the ricin cigarette. I think.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,731
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

shmenguin wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Jesse didn't just realize the ricin cig was gone, did he?

It really took a while for me to understand the epiphany that he was having. I came up with:

Jesse realized that his pot was gone and put together that Saul's guy must have swiped it. He then pulled out his pack of cigs for a smoke (this pack having nothing to do with the ricin cigarette, surely, right?). In the midst of doing this and while still reflecting upon having his pot swiped he realized that he didn't carelessly misplace the ricin cigarette before but that Saul must have had it stolen from him (now knowing that his dude is some pickpocket). Then he starts to put it all together.

Is this right? I guess I don't have a clear enough recollection of where things were left with the Brock poisoning, but I can't believe Jesse still has the ricin cigarette pack that he's toting around.


IIRC, walt planted the ricin cigarette into jesse's vacuum cleaner to make him think that's what happened to it. so it wasn't a mystery to jesse what happened to it. and now he's just putting all the lies together. i think.


That's right. I forgot about the vacuum. Okay, so the swiping of his pot made him realize that the ricin cigarette was probably also taken.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,731
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

Kraftster wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:I thought Walt took the ricin cigarette a longgg time ago?


Well, now we know that Walt had Saul or someone at Saul's direction steal the ricin cigarette. I think.


Er, wait... maybe I do remember Walt taking it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,731
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

Walt did take it. He's hiding it in the light socket cover.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,164
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

He took the real one, made the fake one for Jesse to find in the Roomba.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,164
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am

Hrm. It doesn't seem like anyone in the audience could follow what seemed to be an "ah ha" moment for Jesse.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,731
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am

The ah ha moment was him realizing he's been a pawn in Walter's game all along. He realized Saul's security guard took the ricin cigarette from Jesse originally. He realized that everything that happened to Brock was likely Walt, not Gus. I think he also realized that Walt planted the ricin cigarette in the roomba. I distinctly remember Walt asking Jesse if he had checked the roomba and Jesse told him yes, he had, and then magically the cigarette shows up in the roomba? He realized that once again, Walt was playing him. Walt doesn't care about Jesse, he just wants to cover his own ass by making him disappear. I fully believe that Walt would have killed Jesse had he not agreed to leave.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge and 8 guests

e-mail