iPhone 5S and 5C

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Admin wrote:Our iPhone 5s can't get here soon enough. After three incident-free years, Denise just destroyed the front screen on her 4. :thumbdown:


Are you sure it wasn't "destroyed" ;)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby mac5155 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Is the swipe and tap to delete an email function gone?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,152
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby nocera on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:18 pm

mac5155 wrote:Is the swipe and tap to delete an email function gone?


Swipe right to left.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,262
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby mac5155 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:08 pm

sweet, my wife thanks you.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,152
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby viva la ben on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:07 am

My biggest issue with ios7 so far is embedded youtube videos on the mobile theme here don't work in safari.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,570
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby columbia on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:09 am

I don't renember that working on my iPhone 4.
Did that change in the interim?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,410
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby viva la ben on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:12 am

Until this latest update I could always view embedded youtubes
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,570
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:23 am

viva la ben wrote:My biggest issue with ios7 so far is embedded youtube videos on the mobile theme here don't work in safari.


i love it :pop:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby mac5155 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:55 am

i played with my wife's phone last night, seems like its very sensitive to accidental touches. maybe its just my fat fingers.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,152
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 am

the inability to scale photos for wallpaper is a real pain in the tuckus. hopefully Apple will fix this bug soon.
so far LOVING my 5s though!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,431
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby shmenguin on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am

tangent time...does anyone think there will be a day in the not so distant future where you'll be able to run 2 apps, side by side on an ipad? i have an app for my AV receiver and one for my dvr. if they could both be rendered on the screen at the same time, it would be a pretty radical universal remote.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,638
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

I don't know but google thinks thats a pretty huge deal. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,970
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 am

shmenguin wrote:tangent time...does anyone think there will be a day in the not so distant future where you'll be able to run 2 apps, side by side on an ipad? i have an app for my AV receiver and one for my dvr. if they could both be rendered on the screen at the same time, it would be a pretty radical universal remote.


there's actually an app for that:

http://9to5forums.com/discussion/8411/s ... -your-ipad
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby shmenguin on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 am

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:tangent time...does anyone think there will be a day in the not so distant future where you'll be able to run 2 apps, side by side on an ipad? i have an app for my AV receiver and one for my dvr. if they could both be rendered on the screen at the same time, it would be a pretty radical universal remote.


there's actually an app for that:

http://9to5forums.com/discussion/8411/s ... -your-ipad

heh...how bout that

maybe i need to finally get a tablet
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,638
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

shmenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:tangent time...does anyone think there will be a day in the not so distant future where you'll be able to run 2 apps, side by side on an ipad? i have an app for my AV receiver and one for my dvr. if they could both be rendered on the screen at the same time, it would be a pretty radical universal remote.


there's actually an app for that:

http://9to5forums.com/discussion/8411/s ... -your-ipad

heh...how bout that

maybe i need to finally get a tablet


do some research on it though, might not work with all apps.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby mac5155 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:32 am

I cant stand the fact that I cant minimize youtube and continue listening to the music while surfing the net.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,152
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:00 pm

mac5155 wrote:I cant stand the fact that I cant minimize youtube and continue listening to the music while surfing the net.


you could use chrome and play youtube in one tab and browse in others.

I thought iOS 7 was supposed to allow real multitasking?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby nocera on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 pm

mac5155 wrote:I cant stand the fact that I cant minimize youtube and continue listening to the music while surfing the net.


Also, Jasmine allows you to do this. It's a great app.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,262
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 am

How do you add web pages to that main page currently has Apple Disney espn yahoo as little icons to click?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 am

At the toolbar or whatever you want to call it at the bottom, the middle button, add as a bookmark. It can sync up with the bookmarks toolbar on your mac's safari as well
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,970
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Admin on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:21 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:How do you add web pages to that main page currently has Apple Disney espn yahoo as little icons to click?

Add Bookmark to Favorites folder.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby Admin on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 am

Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 am


It will take one month, maybe two, to make up for that $50 for keeping customers in a data plan through a carrier for the most part.

I've resolved to never buy a subsidized phone ever again. Managed to get $440 in trade in credits for two 4's and a 4s that I spent $450 out of pocket on the last two years. Don't want to be forced into another two year contract so getting a GS4 with the trade in credits that I can take to any carrier and have it work at least up to HSPA+.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby nocera on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:04 pm

I found myself looking up the Motorola Rokr today. I completely forgot this thing existed, but man I used to be so jealous of people who had it.

Image
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,262
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Postby DelPen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 am

Anyone ever replace an iPad or mini digitizer? Somehow my idiot kids put a nice crack in the glass, LCD behind is fine and it still works.

I'm debating if I should try repairing myself with a replacement digitizer with the home button chip already soldered on and the glue stickers ready for about $90 or do I just swap it out for a refurb at Apple for $220. Fortunately the refurb option will be there even if I mess up and I'd just be out the additional $90.

So anyone ever done this themselves? Was it hard?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,931
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


e-mail