Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Rocco on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:33 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:How the hell was this team in the super Bowl 2 years ago


They had good players, who all got old. It takes time to replace that many key guys at once, and it doesn't help when two young talented players are allowed to walk and replaced by William Gay and Plaxico Burress.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,336
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby pfim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Man, what a terrible team.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Rocco wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:How the hell was this team in the super Bowl 2 years ago


They had good players, who all got old. It takes time to replace that many key guys at once, and it doesn't help when two young talented players are allowed to walk and replaced by William Gay and Plaxico Burress.


Pretty much this. On top of that, questionable drafts, along with the refusal to build from the outside (something that worked for 30+ years, but hasn't recently), and I think Art the Second trying to protect his QB instead of letting him play also play a factor.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:How the hell was this team in the super Bowl 2 years ago


They had good players, who all got old. It takes time to replace that many key guys at once, and it doesn't help when two young talented players are allowed to walk and replaced by William Gay and Plaxico Burress.


Pretty much this. On top of that, questionable drafts, along with the refusal to build from the outside (something that worked for 30+ years, but hasn't recently), and I think Art the Second trying to protect his QB instead of letting him play also play a factor.


starting with that 2008 draft, by and large the draft picks have stunk. 2010 has a glimmer of hope w/ Pouncey, Sanders, and Brown, but even then, those guys have been hurt and or underwhelming or both. No one is left on the team from 2008. Ziggy Hood is the only guy left from 2009.

It's like a pitt recruiting class, minus the coaching turmoil excuse.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,116
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm

what about limas sweed?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,416
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby ulf on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:29 pm

I think if the steelers win the turnover battle each game they're 3-0. However they can't hold onto the sang ball, so they are 0-3. Can't keep coughing it up in the red zone when the offense is mediocre to begin with.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,194
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby the wicked child on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:what about limas sweed?

What is an incredibly poor jersey decision by LITT?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,904
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm

never.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,416
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 pm

this gentleman decided to search limas sweed on lgp.com and came across this nugget of gold from tha ulfster in the 2008 draft thread:

ulf wrote:Limas Sweed...please.
I first wanted a OL...but after some thought, after the first few, there will be the same quality on the line in later rounds.
Limas Sweed would be great, and the Steelers will once again have the best WR corps in the league, just like the old days of Plax/Ward/Ranndle El.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,116
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 pm

ben can't handle pressure anymore. he's not on the flacco-kolb pansy scale, but he protects himself more than he ever did before last year's injury. he's not technically good enough to do this - especially behind this offensive line. i've always been an advocate of his, but if this is his approach from now on, it would be best to finish the season in good draft position and start over next year with a new QB. of course this is without me knowing anything about next year's QB crop.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,259
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:42 pm

dudes - we have landry jones.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,416
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman decided to search limas sweed on lgp.com and came across this nugget of gold from tha ulfster in the 2008 draft thread:

ulf wrote:Limas Sweed...please.
I first wanted a OL...but after some thought, after the first few, there will be the same quality on the line in later rounds.
Limas Sweed would be great, and the Steelers will once again have the best WR corps in the league, just like the old days of Plax/Ward/Ranndle El.


:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby ulf on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 pm

newarenanow wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman decided to search limas sweed on lgp.com and came across this nugget of gold from tha ulfster in the 2008 draft thread:

ulf wrote:Limas Sweed...please.
I first wanted a OL...but after some thought, after the first few, there will be the same quality on the line in later rounds.
Limas Sweed would be great, and the Steelers will once again have the best WR corps in the league, just like the old days of Plax/Ward/Ranndle El.


:lol:

Womp womp
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,194
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Rocco on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman decided to search limas sweed on lgp.com and came across this nugget of gold from tha ulfster in the 2008 draft thread:

ulf wrote:Limas Sweed...please.
I first wanted a OL...but after some thought, after the first few, there will be the same quality on the line in later rounds.
Limas Sweed would be great, and the Steelers will once again have the best WR corps in the league, just like the old days of Plax/Ward/Ranndle El.


Checked to see what I wrote about Sweed:

I think a Sweed/Hines/Holmes/Nate WR corps looks pretty good, especially with Heath Miller. It's possible that having a better WR will force teams to back off the blitz and help the OL.


They won a Super Bowl with that WR corps. I'm claiming victory on that prediction.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,336
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:01 pm

There's not a single person in this world that didn't think Sweed was an amazing pick in the second round. Everyone under the sun loved the Mendenhall and Sweed picks.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,379
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm

yes in all seriousness, there were a lot of mock drafts on this here board that had sweed going in the first round
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,116
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby canaan on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm

http://abload.de/img/footballbearsvssteelen7pjq.gif

I would play that gif on repeat in the locker room til the end of time.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,110
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 pm

did he get knocked aht?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,416
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby bhaw on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:42 pm

I asked last night but got no answer... who the hell is Golden?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,046
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

bhaw wrote:I asked last night but got no answer... who the hell is Golden?


Undrafted safety
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,053
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby Grunthy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:51 pm

All I know is that if that was Ryan Clark, both Cutler and Clark would have been knocked out of the game. Just like what happened with the McGahee hit.

Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,207
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Ha
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,344
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Steelers Vs Bears GDT September 22 2013 Heinz Field

Postby JS© on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:43 am

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,806
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


e-mail