Dear Deans and Research Deans:
The impact of the federal shutdown on UA research and researchers will be very dependent on the shutdown duration. Each
We have posted guidance from the Council on Government Relations (COGR) and NASA on the research website (research.uark.edu). In addition, the link below is from an article in today’s Inside Higher Ed:
http://www.insidehighered.com/quicktake ... d-scholars
A synopsis of the information:
· If your grant has funds remaining, you are allowed to continue your research while funds exist.
· Once your funds have been exhausted, you will need approval to continue spending money just as you would if there was not a shutdown.
· If a federal employee or federal facility is involved in your research, that employee or facility will not be available until after the shutdown has terminated.
· There may be limited response if you contact the federal agency due to the number of furloughs that are issued.
· Do not expect any new grants to be issued during the shutdown.
· The federal agencies will not be paying invoices related to research grants during the shutdown.
I would encourage you to forward to your faculty researchers.
We will be updating the Research website as information becomes available. Also, each agency has posted federal shutdown procedures relevant to the agency.
Kaizer wrote:ban someone at random every ten minutes until your furlough ends
Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766 and 7 guests