Biker attack

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Biker attack

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/us/new-yo ... ?hpt=hp_t2

What's your thoughts on this. A biker gang are doing stunt and driving wrecklessly on the road in their annual tour of the city. Guy in SUV hits one of the bikers, pulls over, is surrounded by the other bikers and takes off, running over 3 more bikers. One of them is in a coma and paralyzed. Guy in SUV eventually gets stuck, bikers break window and beat him.

1) Is the SUV driver right for running over the other victims to get away? I believe he is. He was surrounded and felt threatened, especially when the bikers slashed his tires and were beating his car.

2) Do you think the paralyzed victims mother and sister are right in their statement, saying justice needs to be served for the SUV driver? I understand their loved one is hurt and probably won't walk again, but his buddies threatened the driver. Personally, I think the mom and sister are trying to place blame elsewhere instead on their son and friends being idiots.

3) Do you think the SUV driver is going to be sued by the bikers? In this crazy world, I think he will be and he will someone lose. The guys being reckless on the road and attacking him are going to make out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Biker attack

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 am

I think justice would have been a few more of those bikers ending up dead and their estate getting sued to pay for damage to the SUV and the guy's medical bills, plus probably some money to try(and ultimately fail) to account for the trauma to the people in the SUV.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am

The paralyzed scumbag's mother and sister is a perfect example as to how this piece of trash was probably brought up. I'm extremely thankful he will never walk again, so that's one less asswipe on the highway endangering the lives of innocent people.

I wish the entire "Hollywood Stuntz" gang would meet a similar fate. The only reason he is paralyzed is because of him and his gang's actions.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am

Yes, in no way shape or form is the SUV driver at fault. The "bikers" looked like they were out to instigate the entire thing, and even if they weren't, you reaction to getting bumped in traffic is to surround a vehicle with a two year old in it and start destroying it?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am

Good for the paralyzed guy. You run with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am

Yes
No
Unfortunately
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am

I'm sick of hearing from all these people defending the bikers by saying that (during the initial stop, not the final one that resulted in the drivers beating) they were just trying to get the guy to stop and wait for the police since he had hit someone. I'm sorry but not only did the crotch rocket astronauts break numerous laws by messing with other vehicles on the road, they were boxing this guy in and hitting the brakes. It failed. You got hit. Then you proceed to surround a vehicle that contained a FAMILY and I'm supposed to believe the words they used were, "Excuse me kind sir. Would you please wait here whilst we contact the authorities to take care of this in a quick and lawful fashion?" Give me a break.

I also heard from a friend of the guy who had the camera on his helmet this morning. He not only thinks that the driver of the SUV got what he deserved (a beating in front of his family and a mob of people trying to break into the car that held said family) but that the battery in the camera went dead just before the beating took place. Yeahhhhh, like I'm supposed to believe that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am

PensFanInDC wrote:I'm sick of hearing from all these people defending the bikers by saying that (during the initial stop, not the final one that resulted in the drivers beating) they were just trying to get the guy to stop and wait for the police since he had hit someone. I'm sorry but not only did the crotch rocket astronauts break numerous laws by messing with other vehicles on the road, they were boxing this guy in and hitting the brakes. It failed. You got hit. Then you proceed to surround a vehicle that contained a FAMILY and I'm supposed to believe the words they used were, "Excuse me kind sir. Would you please wait here whilst we contact the authorities to take care of this in a quick and lawful fashion?" Give me a break.

I also heard from a friend of the guy who had the camera on his helmet this morning. He not only thinks that the driver of the SUV got what he deserved (a beating in front of his family and a mob of people trying to break into the car that held said family) but that the battery in the camera went dead just before the beating took place. Yeahhhhh, like I'm supposed to believe that.

I will say this, my GoPro has horrible battery life :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am

Watching the video you can see the camera start to shake like he is taking his helmet off just before the video stops. I have a hard time believing that is when the battery died.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 am

I'm being sarcastic, of course that's not when the battery died.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:Yes
No
Unfortunately

what is the vibe in NYC?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 am

I just get angry over this.

IN another article, I think on msn, the mom of the paralyzed biker said the SUV driver got off because he is rich, and the bikers are getting punished because they are not and they have tatoos.

People like that just drive me crazy. Just watch the video on youtube. All of his biker buddies surrounded the vehicle, the guy in front of the SUV hits the breaks and then gets hit. The SUV gets dented and the tires slashed, and is surrounded. The guy is fearing for his family and himself, leaves teh scene while calling 911, and then subsequently gets surrounded again and beat.

And it's the SUV drivers fault according to the mom and he is getting off because he is rich.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

From JToR

Shyster wrote:Liveleak has posted a bunch more videos from the guy who recorded the alternation (which the poster has since removed): http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

The videos have to total close to an hour, and it's like a video catalog of traffic violations. I see:
- Running red lights
- Turning without signaling
- Illegal lane splitting
- Driving on the shoulder
- Driving on sidewalks and in bicycle lanes
- Cutting off other cars
- Speeding
- Unlicensed motorcycles (or otherwise without license plates)
- Non-street-legal vehicles (since when can you drive ATVs on the highway?)
- Blocking traffic
- Reckless driving (wheelies, etc.)
- Driving in oncoming lanes (even splitting oncoming traffic!)

It's amazing there was only one incident out of all of that. I would also bet that with all of the lane splitting and cutting off cars, a lot of people got dings, dents, scratches, etc. from those riders, which we never heard of.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 am

Woops, didn't know this was in JTOR.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 am

newarenanow wrote:
And it's the SUV drivers fault according to the mom and he is getting off because he is rich.

This is part of the culture directed by elected officials.

The biker idiots are lucky they weren't shot dead.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Yes
No
Unfortunately

what is the vibe in NYC?

Not in NYC at the moment. But this is going to be dealt with harshly. NYC residents WILL NOT let that city deteriorate to the state it was in back in the 70's and 80's

Racial divisions will probably result. I thank god that the couple in the SUV weren't white.

I know that sounds bad, but this would have quickly become a huge racial thing, and may still.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby meow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:08 am

newarenanow wrote:And it's the SUV drivers fault according to the mom and he is getting off because he is rich.

Thanks a lot, Obama.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 am

ExPatriatePen wrote: I thank god that the couple in the SUV weren't white.

I know that sounds bad, but this would have quickly become a huge racial thing, and may still.

I actually agree with this.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am

Thats really unfortunate I hate to see someone paralyzed because of something stupid like this where the initial guy that was hit was fine and nothing wrong with him. I mean the bikers obviously dont care about the laws of the road and I'm sure the SUV guy would have had his insurance take care of the problem a bunch of idiots surround him and slash his tires, what is this grade school bully scene or something. They kind of forced his hand when they started beating on his car, if I had my wife and kid in the car I wouldn't be sticking around for that.

I'm surprised the cops did not respond faster. As soon as he peeled out from the gang he should have been dialing 911 and getting cops to come to him or meet him somewhere.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am

newarenanow wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote: I thank god that the couple in the SUV weren't white.

I actually agree with this.

Surprise huh? :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 am

whats the deal with bikers trying to do the wave thing like on motorcycles? I ride my bike to work every day and every time I see another person coming the other way, I know an awkward exchange is coming so I put my head down. The other bikers aren't quite sure if they should acknowledge you and it just comes across as strange. I have no problem telling someone hi or go f themselves, but it's all starting to feel forced. We both are on bikes, it's fine, we don't need to stop and make out and have dinner over it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 am

PensHckyFan79 wrote:I'm surprised the cops did not respond faster. As soon as he peeled out from the gang he should have been dialing 911 and getting cops to come to him or meet him somewhere.

According to the articles, he was on the phone with 911 even before he hit the first biker.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am

pecky wrote:I'm surprised the cops did not respond faster. As soon as he peeled out from the gang he should have been dialing 911 and getting cops to come to him or meet him somewhere.

As I mentioned in JTOR, he did call 911 and he WAS headed to the closest precinct he knew, up the WSH into Washington Heights and down toward Columbia.

Unfortunately, it's about 6 blocks off the WSH and through traffic.

It's one thing for cops to respond to call to report to an address, it's another to tell them to help someone who's on the run, panicked and can't tell you exactly where they are.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am

the paralyzed dude's family should be pissed at the initial moron who stopped in front of the truck, and all the other winners who were ****ing with regular traffic and showing off their bikerness by being as obnoxious as possible. assuming of course that only that rider was such a law abiding stand up citizen who only got off his bike to stop the rest of the raging mob from murdering the SUV driver.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby count2infinity on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 am

Are there any people out there (outside the biker gang and other crotch rocket riders) that are on the biker's side of things?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Next

Return to NHR