Are you ready for some football Steelers/Ravens 10.20.2013

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are you ready for some football Steelers/Ravens 10.20.20

Postby IanMoran on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am

ulf wrote:I don't think the steelers are in as bad of shape as yall think.

Agree. I follow the Steelers equally as I do the Pens but I don't post that much on them on LGP... in general I think LGP is way too negative towards them (although the Steelers have been proving me wrong early lol)

Also, I think Clowney will be a bust... even if he's not I don't see why we need to target an OLB (in the Steelers scheme)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bioshock on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

The Steelers are 2-4.

Are they a good team? Hell no.

Are they a functional team? Yep, finally.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Was traveling all day yesterday. How did Beachum look at left tackle?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm

IanMoran wrote:

Agree. I follow the Steelers equally as I do the Pens but I don't post that much on them on LGP... in general I think LGP is way too negative towards them (although the Steelers have been proving me wrong early lol)

Also, I think Clowney will be a bust... even if he's not I don't see why we need to target an OLB (in the Steelers scheme)

Why do you think he will be a bust?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:Was traveling all day yesterday. How did Beachum look at left tackle?

Not too bad, actually.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:20 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Was traveling all day yesterday. How did Beachum look at left tackle?

Not too bad, actually.

Glad to hear. I think he's looked "not too bad, actually" in every position the Steelers have put him in and has consistently looked better than Adams since day one. Will be interesting to see how he progresses over the season.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

slappybrown wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

Apparently not the best attitude / motivated / high motor guy, don't like that risk for so early... .Pretty much just a pure pass rusher who has 1 sack this year......

I mean, its not like I've studied the tape but I wouldn't be surprised if he slides a little
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby viva la ben on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Clowney is also getting bone spurs on his foot removed immediately after the season...likely to skip the combine.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 pm

IanMoran wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

Apparently not the best attitude / motivated / high motor guy, don't like that risk for so early... .Pretty much just a pure pass rusher who has 1 sack this year......

I mean, its not like I've studied the tape but I wouldn't be surprised if he slides a little

So a perfect Tomlin player.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

IanMoran wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

I don't think he's a pure pass rusher at all. There was some absurd statistic where teams at one point this season ran 70% of their run plays to the opposite side of his field. They've gone so far as giving him snaps at DT to try to get around this. If teams didn't think he could defend the run, they wouldn't do that. The gifs of him blowing up RBs are pretty decent support for his run stopping skills as well.

He's also had the rib injury, which has been a media disaster, and generated this talk. Absent something crazy happening/injury, he's a top 3 pick.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:07 am

i'm not informed enough to say how good clowney is, but he's not going to turn around a franchise. not at that position.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:10 am

shmenguin wrote:i'm not informed enough to say how good clowney is, but he's not going to turn around a franchise. not at that position.

Really? Other than QB, I'd say an elite pass-rushing DE/OLB, elite LT, or elite CB are the most valuable players in terms of team impact. What teams are willing to pay for those positions bears that out. I don't know that any one player can "turn around" a franchise in the NFL, but he and Bridgewater are the biggest impact players in the draft.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 am

slappybrown wrote:Other than QB, I'd say an elite pass-rushing DE/OLB, elite LT, or elite CB are the most valuable players in terms of team impact.

that may be, but there's a cavernous gap between QB and everyone else. i guess i'm more addressing the media hype, where we're lead to believe he's a generational top pick, which is a tenuous distinction for a lineman (or whatever hybrid he is).
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NHR