DudeMan2766 wrote:The chaos in Georgia is bordering on the absurd. I havent seen a photo yet where you can't see the lines on the road.
that's because you can see the lines beneath the ice. the snow is not the issue.
the ATL issue in a nutshell:
1) the forecast was for most of this to hit further South. the forecast was wrong.
2) schools and business all released about 1:00PM. imagine a few million people all trying to exit the city at once.
3) too many tractor trailers jack-knifing because they weren't properly prepared. the interstate through downtown ATL is a MAJOR thoroughfare to Florida
4) even though the roads were pre-treated the volume of cars pretty much beat that right off the roads and once they got icy crews couldn't get around traffic to spread out the salt and sand.
5) people here don't have "winter tires" because we don't need them. makes it a little harder to drive on ice.