Who shot JFK?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who shot JFK?

Postby npv708 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Kristin Shepard
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:08 am

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 am

Presidents bullet ridden body in the street
Ride Johnny Ride
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roland on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 am

Always loved this photo

roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:37 pm

is it bad that I saw the thread title quickly in the new posts lists and thought I had seen "Who Shot JR"?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:Elmer Fudd.

Elmer has been chasing a rabbit around for decades, has had the rabbit in his scope at point blank range in more episodes that all of us can remember, and still couldn't pull it off.

You really think he could have pulled off the JFK assassination? :P
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 pm

newarenanow wrote:Aren't they supposed to release a bunch of information in a few years? I thought they were going to release info once most people were dead from that time period.

2017. Kennedy Records Act or something like that. Cyril Wecht is the king of Kennedy conspiracist theories, check out his stuff if you're looking for something. He was the first non-government employee to review the autopsy records and that stuff.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Presidents bullet ridden body in the street
Ride Johnny Ride

No love for the Misfits?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:17 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Presidents bullet ridden body in the street
Ride Johnny Ride

No love for the Misfits?

Of course not. That's why they are misfits.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby legame on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:27 am

Male models.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:23 pm

I watched a show where a ballistics export went through the Warren Commission report.

The single bullet theory has a few merits.
1) The seat for Connelly was actually more toward the middle and lower than the President. This is often missed as this setup allows for the magic bullet to actually be in a straight line.
2) The guy looked at the bullet, found that it was not "pristine" but did have the markings that a bullet should.

Now - the fatal shot. Obviously the shot came from behind Kennedy (not from the front, as obviously as the "back and to the right" is an exit wound), but based on the trajectory he says the fatal shot came from a much lower trajectory, most likely the secret service car behind the president.

Nothing fits the "grassy knoll" theory in terms of bullet trajectory.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Dad was telling me about a documentary that he just saw on TV that was 2 hours long. Essentially, the guy believes that the secret service guy in the car behind Kennedy's shot him on accident. M16 that was brand new, they were filled with hollow point bullets. Oswald was using FMJ's where they are more prone to go through the target without much destruction. Hollow points leave big holes because they expand and such. Guards were out til 5AM the night before, the guard in the car behind Kennedy was on his first day on duty, never handled the brand new M16s yet. Measured the trajectory of Kennedy's head exploding and it shows the shot came from behind, to the left, and a little bit below him, where the guard was sitting. People on the streets reported smelling gun powder and swear they thought Secret Service was "firing back". Makes more sense to me than anything else I've heard on the subject. Secret Service didn't want to look like idiots so they gathered up all the photos and reports and don't know where they are now, and wouldn't let the autopsy happen right there in Texas.

This is the same thing I saw, and mentioned in my post above.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:14 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:Now - the fatal shot. Obviously the shot came from behind Kennedy (not from the front, as obviously as the "back and to the right" is an exit wound), but based on the trajectory he says the fatal shot came from a much lower trajectory, most likely the secret service car behind the president.

Except Elm St in Dealey Plaza in on a downward gradient (between 3° and 3.5°), and - according to his own calculations of the trajectory - the fatal shot would have had to be fired from someone 2-3 feet lower than the height of the windscreen on the SS follow car. Meaning the shot would have blasted through the windshield - more likely the dashboard - and possibly one or two SS agents before ever getting to Kennedy.

No witness ever testified to hearing shots from within the motorcade. No one in the SS follow car (including the president's aide) reacted to a gunshot in their ranks. None of the local cops reacted a shot from within the motorcade. And at least one of the amateur films shot that day (I think either the Nix or Bronson film) shows the SS follow car at the moment of the headshot, and no one is standing up holding a carbine and pointing it at the president's head, either deliberately or accidentally.

It's another BS conspiracy theory that extrapolates wild conclusions based on scientific-sounding conjecture that is often times contradictory within its own framework.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to NHR