Who shot JFK?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who shot JFK?

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Godric wrote:Wasn't there a theory that bush senior had him killed

Bush Sr wasn't really a factor in the national scene in 1963, and ran for Senate in 1964. I highly doubt he wad involved. LBJ? Absolutely. He was quite Machiavellian

I just listened to the Cracked podcast about LBJ. They broke the mold with that dude. If anyone hasn't heard his recorded private conversations, do some googling. Try to find the one between him and his tailor.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 am

pensfan1989 wrote:Did Sean Connery give Nicholas Cage the real answer to this?

I think the film file was hidden in a church seat in Ft. Walton, Kansas

No, no, no.... It is in the Presidents book of secrets in the library of Congress.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:58 am

I had a teacher in high school that was obsessed with the JFK assassination. he made us watch the Zapruder film about 100 times. he had some very elaborate theories that involved the famous "umbrella man".
he even wrote a book about it that was published:
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:46 am

Aren't they supposed to release a bunch of information in a few years? I thought they were going to release info once most people were dead from that time period.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 am

would love to see the reaction to parents today if teachers showed the zapruder film in class :lol:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 pm

tifosi77 wrote:I got big into this on the 25th anniversary, read half a dozen conspiracy books and whatnot. None of them make any sense when they start talking about who actually did it (one even asserts that Kennedy was shot by the Secret Service from within the motorcade itself), but there are some serious questions over some of the physical evidence. The only one that really sticks in my craw is CE399 - so so-called 'magic bullet'.

I don't have a problem with the flight path of the bullet being odd (which is easily explained), I don't even have a problem with one bullet causing seven non-fatal wounds in two large-framed adult men and remaining 'pristine' (the word often associated with this piece of evidence, even tho it actually is somewhat distorted). What I have a problem with is the way the Warren Commission (thanks, Arlen Specter) contrived to make the crime fit the evidence rather than seek evidence that explains the crime. And that the bullet cited as CE399 didn't lose enough of its grain weight to have left all the bullet fragments recovered from Kennedy and Connolly.... which, for the single-bullet theory to be correct it would have had to have done. I believe there was more material recovered from Connolly's wrist wound than CE399 lost, never mind the fragments taken out of the other six wounds this missile allegedly caused.

Some say that this fact alone points to a conspiracy. I don't go that far, preferring instead to simply call it shoddy investigatory practices.

I don't have a hard time believing Oswald pulled the trigger in Dallas, but I also don't think it out of the realm of possibility to think he wasn't alone.

what about the whole jack ruby killing oswald thing?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 pm

The last thing anyone involved in a conspiracy would want to do is have their patsy murdered on live national television by an overly-talkative nightclub owner.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Didn't Ruby have mob ties?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 pm

In the sense that most nightclub owners probably know a gangster or two. Same with cops.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GaryRissling on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 pm

tifosi77 wrote:The last thing anyone involved in a conspiracy would want to do is have their patsy murdered on live national television by an overly-talkative nightclub owner.

That would actually depend on whether or not there were multiple conspiracies. There was likely a conspiracy to assassinate JFK, and there was almost certainly a conspiracy to cover up what actually happened. Those players involved an a potential cover-up may have not have actually been involved in a potential conspiracy to assassinate JFK. For instance, it is one theory that the CIA acted independently to frame Russia/Cuba for the plot in hopes of agitating for war (this would explain the actions of the "two oswalds" at the russian consulate in Mexico); and LBJ/Hoover covered it up to prevent the assassination from turning into WWIII.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I forgot something....... as a young boy, my uncle wrote to President Kennedy. He got an official White House postcard type thing in response that's postmarked November 22, 1963.

Completely unrelated to conspiracy wackiness, but that's still kinda freaky.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 pm

So your uncle shot JFK?
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:08 pm

#alibi
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:10 pm

The postcard is proof that JFK was never shot. He's probably golfing somewhere with Elvis and Marilyn.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BigMcK on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:11 pm

I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
Well after all
It was you and me

Start with Mick Jagger and see what he thinks.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 pm

For whom the bell tolls
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:16 am

Dad was telling me about a documentary that he just saw on TV that was 2 hours long. Essentially, the guy believes that the secret service guy in the car behind Kennedy's shot him on accident. M16 that was brand new, they were filled with hollow point bullets. Oswald was using FMJ's where they are more prone to go through the target without much destruction. Hollow points leave big holes because they expand and such. Guards were out til 5AM the night before, the guard in the car behind Kennedy was on his first day on duty, never handled the brand new M16s yet. Measured the trajectory of Kennedy's head exploding and it shows the shot came from behind, to the left, and a little bit below him, where the guard was sitting. People on the streets reported smelling gun powder and swear they thought Secret Service was "firing back". Makes more sense to me than anything else I've heard on the subject. Secret Service didn't want to look like idiots so they gathered up all the photos and reports and don't know where they are now, and wouldn't let the autopsy happen right there in Texas.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:53 am

youd have to be trying to hit him, no? I was reading a way far out conspiracy that there was a guy in the trunk that shot him. lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:56 am

Not necessairly. Brand new guns, guy picks up gun that was down at his legs, clicks the safety off, car accelerates and he falls back. It's not as farfetched as other things I've heard.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:59 am

I think there was a cover up from who really did it. If an investigation found that some group was responcable for the assignation and our government didn't respond the way the public wanted them to then you got a big problem.

But I seen a good show on the single bullet theory and they actually make it seem reasonable and in the rehlm of possibility.

My big question is what really crashed into the Pentagon? The most secure building in the world and they got one camera that seen what happened?? unreal.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:30 am

no name wrote:My big question is what really crashed into the Pentagon?

A Boeing 757. American Airlines Flight 77, specifically. Tail number N644AA. Hope this helps.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GaryRissling on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 am

So who killed Arafat?
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 am

Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 am

mac5155 wrote:For whom the bell tolls

let the rhythm explode
big bad and bold b-boys of old
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Dad was telling me about a documentary that he just saw on TV that was 2 hours long. Essentially, the guy believes that the secret service guy in the car behind Kennedy's shot him on accident. M16 that was brand new, they were filled with hollow point bullets. Oswald was using FMJ's where they are more prone to go through the target without much destruction. Hollow points leave big holes because they expand and such. Guards were out til 5AM the night before, the guard in the car behind Kennedy was on his first day on duty, never handled the brand new M16s yet. Measured the trajectory of Kennedy's head exploding and it shows the shot came from behind, to the left, and a little bit below him, where the guard was sitting. People on the streets reported smelling gun powder and swear they thought Secret Service was "firing back". Makes more sense to me than anything else I've heard on the subject. Secret Service didn't want to look like idiots so they gathered up all the photos and reports and don't know where they are now, and wouldn't let the autopsy happen right there in Texas.

I read the book this documentary was based on when it was published in the early 90s (referenced in my first post in this thread); utter bunk. Almost laughably so.

no name wrote:But I seen a good show on the single bullet theory and they actually make it seem reasonable and in the rehlm of possibility.

The problem isn't the single bullet theory, necessarily. It's a combination of how the theory was formulated and the actual piece of physical evidence involved.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR