Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 am

Probably will be. I know there was a kid from California that Michigan coveted, brought him up for an official visit, and didn't even make it ten feet out the door before walking back into the airport and going home (as the story goes).
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,247
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:22 am

Penn State fans are invited to hear from head football coach James Franklin when he discusses the Nittany Lions' Class of 2014 signees on Wednesday, Feb. 5.

"Penn State Football — The Signature Event" will be held in the Bryce Jordan Center on National Letter of Intent Day. The doors will open at 5 p.m. for general admission seating, with the program starting at 6 p.m. Tickets for the event are $5 and Penn State students will be admitted for free with a valid Penn State identification at Gate A. The Jordan Center concession stands will be open before and during the event.


http://www.yorkdispatch.com/sports/ci_24980139/penn-states-franklin-hold-signing-day-event-feb
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm

random thought--pretty crazy that Shoop at 47 is the oldest guy on the coaching staff.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,247
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:41 pm

"@OnwardState: Meet the newest member of the Penn State football team, four-star athlete Koa Farmer: http://t.co/eP411SS7vN"
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,058
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby PghSkins on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:"@OnwardState: Meet the newest member of the Penn State football team, four-star athlete Koa Farmer: http://t.co/eP411SS7vN"



I will be ending the recruiting process and attend PENN STATE UNIVERSITY were I will become DR. FARMER and fulfill my dream of becoming a P.H.D in Pathology!


Kid's got big plans, love it!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,454
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Loaf31 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:37 am

If HCJF and OLCHH can flip UGA OL recruit Isaiah Wynn, that's be HUGE
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,537
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 am

Went to dinner with one of my best friends and his wife last night (OK, I guess I should say two of my best friends).

He's a PSU grad '76 ('77?) and has had tickets since that time. They were very pleased with the current situation up in Happy Valley.

It's nice to know that even some long standing fans are ready to move forward and get past the 'Paterno legacy'.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 am

I think the general sentiment in state college went from shock (not sure why...)/anger/worrying about the future to excitement again with the Franklin hire. People seem to be very excited about the future direction.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,185
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Went to dinner with one of my best friends and his wife last night (OK, I guess I should say two of my best friends).

He's a PSU grad '76 ('77?) and has had tickets since that time. They were very pleased with the current situation up in Happy Valley.

It's nice to know that even some long standing fans are ready to move forward and get past the 'Paterno legacy'.


I am an alum as well. I dont know anyone who is excited by the Franklin hire.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 pm

"@Ben_Jones88: RT @GregPickel #PennState has flipped WR Saeed Blacknall from Rutgers, according to his Twitter account."
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,058
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:55 pm

wowowowow. He was Rutger's #1 guy from this year's recruiting class. that's a big score if he comes here.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,185
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Went to dinner with one of my best friends and his wife last night (OK, I guess I should say two of my best friends).

He's a PSU grad '76 ('77?) and has had tickets since that time. They were very pleased with the current situation up in Happy Valley.

It's nice to know that even some long standing fans are ready to move forward and get past the 'Paterno legacy'.


I am an alum as well. I dont know anyone who is excited by the Franklin hire.


...? This guy hasn't had a good nights sleep since taking the job...he's outworking O'Brien like he was a freshman in BIO100 and that's no slight to O'Brien...I don't know anyone who isn't excited with what this guy is doing.

The Blacknall commit is pretty big. Might be one of the best WR recruiting classes in the country...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,247
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:22 am

I assumed that was a typo.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,058
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 am

Prince canceled his visit. Maybe that means that the OL UGA commit may be flipping?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,537
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 am

Loaf31 wrote:Prince canceled his visit. Maybe that means that the OL UGA commit may be flipping?


I think it's more likely Prince narrowed it down to the Gators/Terps...doubt the PSU staff would turn this kid down...looks like a Day 1 starter to me. We have 2 spots left, 5 if you count the greyshirt option, which has been used by PSU in the past.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,247
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Nice to see they got the #2 kicker to join as a preferred walk-on. Ficken makes me nervous.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Went to dinner with one of my best friends and his wife last night (OK, I guess I should say two of my best friends).

He's a PSU grad '76 ('77?) and has had tickets since that time. They were very pleased with the current situation up in Happy Valley.

It's nice to know that even some long standing fans are ready to move forward and get past the 'Paterno legacy'.


I am an alum as well. I dont know anyone who is excited by the Franklin hire.


I'm an alum and I am.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm

That should have read "I dont know anyone who isnt excited by the hire".
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:09 pm

"@C_AdamskiTrib: "@anna_orso:James Franklin told the Faculty Senate that flipping'the #1 recruit in PA' is on his agenda this wk"
Gateway DB Montae Nicholson"

Nicholson is currently committed to MSU
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,058
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Amani Oruwariye just committed today. Leaves 1 more spot.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,247
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:"@C_AdamskiTrib: "@anna_orso:James Franklin told the Faculty Senate that flipping'the #1 recruit in PA' is on his agenda this wk"
Gateway DB Montae Nicholson"

Nicholson is currently committed to MSU


I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule that when a commit is firm on a school that you dont recruit them.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:"@C_AdamskiTrib: "@anna_orso:James Franklin told the Faculty Senate that flipping'the #1 recruit in PA' is on his agenda this wk"
Gateway DB Montae Nicholson"

Nicholson is currently committed to MSU


I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule that when a commit is firm on a school that you dont recruit them.


not sure if serious
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,069
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby relantel on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 pm

i think the unwritten rule was not trying to poach within the big ten conference (of kids who had already committed)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:"@C_AdamskiTrib: "@anna_orso:James Franklin told the Faculty Senate that flipping'the #1 recruit in PA' is on his agenda this wk"
Gateway DB Montae Nicholson"

Nicholson is currently committed to MSU


I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule that when a commit is firm on a school that you dont recruit them.


not sure if serious


Everyone complained when Urban Meyer did it with one of Wisconsin's recruits.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,873
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Official 2014 Penn State Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Thats what I was getting at I remember Urban Meyer took some heat for it. I believe the kid from Gateway is commited to MSU and I havent heard of him wavering at all.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,214
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

e-mail