Hey Colorado, easy on the munchies.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Hey Colorado, easy on the munchies.

Postby Eismann on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Sarcastic wrote:http://www.livescience.com/42135-pot-and-pets-should-dogs-get-high.html

Miles, a 12-year-old Labrador retriever mix, was slowly dying of cancer. His owner, after seeing the effect that narcotic painkillers such as tramadol were having on Miles, decided to try something else: medical marijuana.

Within hours of taking a tincture of marijuana from a medical pot dispensary in Los Angeles, Miles' appetite returned, he stopped vomiting and began walking and running around.

Did it cure the cancer, or just give him a temporary shot of the Bonz Munchies? Woof woof woooooooooooooooof coouuuuuughhhhhhh.

I do think that once people reach 80, they should be allowed to take whatever they want, as long as they turn in their drivers licenses. They'd make movies about all the cheeba-induced boot knockin in the old folks home. Kinda like an inverted Logan's Run thing.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 pm

McK, all that tells me is that we need some quality weed, which could be the case if it was fully legalized and sold nationwide with some regulations in mind. Big problem is drug gangs mixing it with chemicals and so on. I had a friend get some pot and there was meth in it one time, he learned after he already smoked it. Get it out in the open, regulate it mostly for health reasons, collect taxes.

To be honest, I am not a dedicated pothead and only smoke on special occasions.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Eismann wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:http://www.livescience.com/42135-pot-and-pets-should-dogs-get-high.html

Miles, a 12-year-old Labrador retriever mix, was slowly dying of cancer. His owner, after seeing the effect that narcotic painkillers such as tramadol were having on Miles, decided to try something else: medical marijuana.

Within hours of taking a tincture of marijuana from a medical pot dispensary in Los Angeles, Miles' appetite returned, he stopped vomiting and began walking and running around.

Did it cure the cancer, or just give him a temporary shot of the Bonz Munchies? Woof woof woooooooooooooooof coouuuuuughhhhhhh.

I do think that once people reach 80, they should be allowed to take whatever they want, as long as they turn in their drivers licenses. They'd make movies about all the cheeba-induced boot knockin in the old folks home. Kinda like an inverted Logan's Run thing.

You need to do some reading on marijuana and cancer. You might be surprised what you find.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Eismann wrote:

You need to do some reading on marijuana and cancer. You might be surprised what you find.

I have, I'm not. It should be in Flintstone vitamins, Twinkies and water. Then we all live forever, maan. :D
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 am

Eismann wrote:I have, I'm not. It should be in Flintstone vitamins, Twinkies and water. Then we all live forever, maan. :D

lol. maybe.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 am

BigMcK wrote:All pot is not created equal and the belief that smoking pot has the same effect on all that smoke it is incorrect.

Having seen first hand a buddy smoke a strong strain of Sativa and the violent reaction it had on his body -- sweats, nausea, pacing for an hour, talking about things that never existed, was not pleasant to be around.

This may not be your experience, but having seen how pot is not a 100% safe mind altering weed for everyone that uses it, it's unfair to broadbrush its use as pleasurable and a relief for all.

Your buddy smoked boat dude. Pot laced with pcp. It happens sometimes. Maybe if it were legal he would have been guaranteed strict marijuana.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:52 am

This has nothing to do with pot, but it's odd to me that they have an article on a labrador retriever and then have a picture of a bernese mountain dog.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 pm

I think with 80% of pot smokers they are responcible and will smoke without instances of bad things happening.

its the 20% that will do it all day everyday in the worst situations that scare me.

I would hope this would put the pot dealers out of business or at least make it not as profitable for them to keep on doing it.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:13 pm

no name wrote:I think with 80% of pot smokers they are responcible and will smoke without instances of bad things happening.

its the 20% that will do it all day everyday in the worst situations that scare me.

I would hope this would put the pot dealers out of business or at least make it not as profitable for them to keep on doing it.

Again, I hate to continue to do this, but a very large % of alcohol consumers are responsible and don't have bad things happening to them. A small % have problems. Even take it beyond consumable products... gun laws. A very large % of gun owners are safe and responsible, a small % have very bad things happen. It seems odd as to where the law/government decides that something isn't safe enough for the general public.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm

no name wrote:I would hope this would put the pot dealers out of business or at least make it not as profitable for them to keep on doing it.

it puts dangerous pot dealers out of business. mexican cartels (and the like) would no longer be needed for supply. so the pot you get likely never touches the hands of someone carrying a gun.

but it doesn't put all illegal dealers out of business. legit pot is taxed heavily, so people are still growing their own (which is legal) and selling it on the black market tax-free and on the cheap (which is illegal). but these are just dudes with a basement setup or whatever. not dangerous criminals and nothing to worry about.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BigMcK on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:09 pm

To add, said strain was from a licensed CA State provider who's product is used in medicinal clinics. Not junk, laced, poor. The quality, proof if you will, too strong for a casual user. Google strains and derivatives.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 pm

BigMcK wrote:Having seen first hand a buddy smoke a strong strain of Sativa and the violent reaction it had on his body -- sweats, nausea, pacing for an hour, talking about things that never existed, was not pleasant to be around.

Surgeon General's Warning: May cause brief walking around the room.

yeah...it's definitely not all rainbows and cupcakes. but generally, people who don't feel good when they use it don't use it. unlike...say...opiates. or alcohol to an extent.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Salt and Coca Cola aren't mind altering though. It's not about prohibiting things that are not good for the body. It's about prohibiting things that are mind altering.

Though if coca cola was regulated we'd be in much better shape as a country, no doubt about that.

So you're for brining back prohibition? And you think the government should dictate the details of your daily life.
That's your prerogative. But I don't want someone telling what what I can and can't do with MY life.

Right because thats exactly what I said.

I typed half a rebuttal but decided to forget about it because its not worth getting into it with someone so stubborn and ignorant to other views
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Salt and Coca Cola aren't mind altering though. It's not about prohibiting things that are not good for the body. It's about prohibiting things that are mind altering.

Though if coca cola was regulated we'd be in much better shape as a country, no doubt about that.

So you're for brining back prohibition? And you think the government should dictate the details of your daily life.
That's your prerogative. But I don't want someone telling what what I can and can't do with MY life.

I typed half a rebuttal but decided to forget about it because its not worth getting into it with someone so stubborn and ignorant to other views

LOL.

I love it when people say things like "it's about prohibiting things that are mind altering." - which would be justification for bringing back prohibition and "coca cola was regulated we'd be in much better shape as a country" which is absolutely regulating the day to day personal lifestyle choices of the average individual. But then won't or can't stand behind their assertions and runs from them leaving comments like "you're ignorant" in their wake as they run away.

If you can't back up your statements, you might want to take a hard look at them before you make them.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:I typed half a rebuttal but decided to forget about it because its not worth getting into it with someone so stubborn and ignorant to other views

You avoided the bug-zapper. I'm impressed.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:42 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

LOL.

I love it when people say things like "it's about prohibiting things that are mind altering." - which would be justification for bringing back prohibition and "coca cola was regulated we'd be in much better shape as a country" which is absolutely regulating the day to day personal lifestyle choices of the average individual. But then won't or can't stand behind their assertions and runs from them leaving comments like "you're ignorant" in their wake as they run away.

If you can't back up your statements, you might want to take a hard look at them before you make them.

I am certainly not backing up your twisted version of my statements. If you gave anyone the opportunity to argue for what they actually said I'd be all for it but you have shown that certainly is not your style.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

LOL.

I am certainly not backing up your twisted version of my statements. If you gave anyone the opportunity to argue for what they actually said I'd be all for it but you have shown that certainly is not your style.

Mr Colby wrote:If you gave anyone the opportunity to argue for what they actually said...

Mr Colby wrote:like "it's about prohibiting things that are mind altering."

Mr Colby wrote:"coca cola was regulated we'd be in much better shape as a country"

I'm sorry, that must have been a different Mr. Colby... My bad.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
BigMcK wrote:All pot is not created equal and the belief that smoking pot has the same effect on all that smoke it is incorrect.

Having seen first hand a buddy smoke a strong strain of Sativa and the violent reaction it had on his body -- sweats, nausea, pacing for an hour, talking about things that never existed, was not pleasant to be around.

This may not be your experience, but having seen how pot is not a 100% safe mind altering weed for everyone that uses it, it's unfair to broadbrush its use as pleasurable and a relief for all.

Your buddy smoked boat dude. Pot laced with pcp. It happens sometimes. Maybe if it were legal he would have been guaranteed strict marijuana.

Oh, I think that's what my friend' pot had in it, not meth. It was a while ago. Needless to say, he was pissed.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 pm

no name wrote:I think with 80% of pot smokers they are responcible and will smoke without instances of bad things happening.

In all my years, I don't think I recall a since car accident I heard of that was caused by a stoned driver.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:25 pm

I would rather focus on damaging the enormous profits street gangs and mafias have and also the rate of incarceration of non-violent pot smokers and the money needed for that.

Does anyone have stats of the ratio of pot use vs other drugs?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:29 pm

On the thing epp and colby are talking about..... is pot a mind-altering drug? It just seems to make me laugh like an idiot. I can still think fine. I mean, I realize I'm laughing like an idiot and can't stop, but it's not I'm laying on the ground, drooling, and seeing rainbows.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Sarcastic wrote:On the thing epp and colby are talking about..... is pot a mind-altering drug? It just seems to make me laugh like an idiot. I can still think fine. I mean, I realize I'm laughing like an idiot and can't stop, but it's not I'm laying on the ground, drooling, and seeing rainbows.

Define "mind altering".

It's not a hallucinogenic, but it think you have to put it in the same class as alcohol in that it does effect your brain while you're "under the influence".

I say this as a way of comparing it to tobacco or caffeine, which are also drugs, but ones that I wouldn't classify as having an effect on the mental process. (Or minimal, if any)

Certainly, if you're advocating for "mind altering"
substances to be prohibited, that would have to include alcohol, ala. prohibition, by it's very definition.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Sarcastic wrote:

In all my years, I don't think I recall a since car accident I heard of that was caused by a stoned driver.

Because it is still considered DUI. There is no distinction between alcohol and marijuana. Driving high = driving drunk, in the eyes of the law.

I'm sure there have been accidents, but since they were reported as a DUI, you don't know what drug they were under the influence of.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Watching Kris Letang play defense is mind altering.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR