Bama fan loses it against OU fans in Sugar Bowl

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bama fan loses it against OU fans in Sugar Bowl

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:09 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
ulf wrote:Yes it was also overall #1. Arguable that it's the smartest city, but I would say educated would describe it.

I assumed they were still loaded up with retired steel workers who probably had a 9th grade education. I was focusing on the other school being mentioned there being duquesne.

What's wrong with Duquesne?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:Okay, the Steelers bit on that list is completely retarded. It's a rail on the city, not on the fanbase.

Whats the difference? So its on 93% of the city.

He's making fun of the municipality of Pittsburgh. His criticisms can be summed up by: Your team's city has lost half its population since the team was founded. Ergo, you are a bunch of idiots and are therefore the 6th worst fanbase in sports.

In fact, his arguments can also be turned backwards on themselves to a degree. The fact that people move away from Pittsburgh (or other parts of PA, like me) and still carry with them the nostalgic touchstones of home - the black and gold allegiances, the sammiches, etc - speaks to the fundamental power of the draw. I mean, there are two Primanti's-style food trucks out here in Los Angeles. (One is pretty good, the other is pretty laughable) Shark's Cove in Hermosa Beach was once voted the best Steelers bar in the country. I see as many Steelers license plate holders as I do Raiders. In my small-ish company, we have over half a dozen Steelers fans. (four of which are originally from CA) And these things are supposed to show how much weaksauce the Steelers fanbase has? That's stupid.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

i would be curious to see the growth of the pgh metro area plotted against that of actual city limits. this is conjecture but i imagine the decline of the city population has been more than offset by the growth of the metro area.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

pressure=9Pa wrote:Steelers fans might take exception to this list, but I enjoyed reading it.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-t ... n-tide.php

This article should be titled, "Which 10 fanbases can I rile up to get the most page views?".
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i would be curious to see the growth of the pgh metro area plotted against that of actual city limits. this is conjecture but i imagine the decline of the city population has been more than offset by the growth of the metro area.

According to Wikipedia, the population of the metro area went from 1.3 million in 1990 to 2.6 million in 2012. Part of that is the migration patters of the humans inhabiting the area (I just like using the word 'migration'), part of that is a changing definition of the metro area to include a larger area over time.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 pm

I hate everybody equally but I like most of you guys. People should stick to trying to get along instead of saying "my city is better than yours." By no means is Pittsburgh the greatest city in the world, but come on, it's not half bad either. Stupid people need to keep stupid opinions to themselves. When Letang came back the Pens gave up 5 goals. Trade Destroy Letang.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby letsgoalpens on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Can't we all just agree bama fans are insane/horrible people? Let's all unite under that flag. Everybody is welcome, except bama fans.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 pm

count2infinity wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
ulf wrote:Yes it was also overall #1. Arguable that it's the smartest city, but I would say educated would describe it.

I assumed they were still loaded up with retired steel workers who probably had a 9th grade education. I was focusing on the other school being mentioned there being duquesne.

Nothing, its better than Pitt apparently.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:59 pm

count2infinity wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

I wouldn't recommend going to law school there:
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+6
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Grunthy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm

columbia wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

I wouldn't recommend going to any law school right now, unless you want to be unemployed...
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 pm

columbia wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

My wife's maid of honor went to law school there... she's currently an assistant district attorney in Allegheny County. As with any University or program, it's about what you make of your time there, not necessarily rankings. And yes, I'm a little biased because I went there. :lol:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm

I didn't say anything about chemistry. ; )
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 pm

count2infinity wrote:
columbia wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

My wife's maid of honor went to law school there... she's currently an assistant district attorney in Allegheny County. As with any University or program, it's about what you make of your time there, not necessarily rankings. And yes, I'm a little biased because I went there. :lol:

As did i.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

columbia wrote:I wouldn't recommend going to law school there:

It doesn't have a nationwide reputation worth a darn, but Duquesne does have a good local reputation for producing quality lawyers. I once totaled up where all the lawyers in my firm went to school. The numbers for Duquesne aren't too shabby:

Pitt - 55%
Duquesne - 18%
Duke - 5%
George Washington - 5%
Akron - 5%
Georgetown - 3%
Michigan - 3%
Washington and Lee - 3%
Chicago-Kent College of Law - 3%
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 pm

I don't know how true it is (and this is completely off topic, but we're already there), but my wife's maid of honor said that unless you go to a Pittsburgh law school, it's very hard (almost impossible) to get a position in law in Pittsburgh.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 am

dang harvard law school as 1700 students
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm

count2infinity wrote:I don't know how true it is (and this is completely off topic, but we're already there), but my wife's maid of honor said that unless you go to a Pittsburgh law school, it's very hard (almost impossible) to get a position in law in Pittsburgh.

Depends on where else you went. Only the top-tier law schools offer real national portability. You can go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Chicago, Columbia, Penn, etc. and still get a job pretty much anywhere in the United States. The lower down the law school, the more regional its influence. People in Pittsburgh might have a high opinion of Pitt Law, but hiring partners in, say, St. Louis aren’t going to know much of it or have any particularly high opinion of its graduates. Pitt might still have some pull elsewhere in Pennsylvania, but the pull of Duquesne is probably limited mostly to greater Pittsburgh.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR