Cigar Enjoyment?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Cigar Enjoyment?

Postby BigMcK on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm

I am guessing a humidor is key to extending the freshness and quality.

Do any of you that appreciate a cigar listen to Cigar Dave? http://cigardave.com/
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby OutofFoil on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Just got back from my 6 months in South Africa before Christmas. I must say I enjoyed a few Cubans there. Still freaking expensive even with the exchange rate at 10.5 rands to 1 dollar... My favorite was a Romeo Y Julieta, not sure of the specific type, closely followed by a Cohiba Siglo III. Also liked the Montechristo Open series, but preferred the smaller sizes in them as they got too spicy in the last third of a Churchill for my tastes. That being said, many Dominicans I have tasted are quite nice also, but at a lower price and no embargo. But I had to try since I could just go to a reputable tobacconist and browse. Thought about bringing a box home, but then read the penalties for doing so and decided that wasn't a good idea. Especially since I have global entry and don't go through normal customs that during the interview with Customs to get in the program they stated that if I did something stupid that not only would I be booted from this awesome program, that they would also ensure I would receive the harshest punishment for whatever stupid thing I tried to do. Bringing Cubans in is a felony and up to a $250k fine and 10 years in federal pound me in the you know what prison. Definitely not worth it.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby mac5155 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 pm

lol, i thought about bringing a few back too, but decided against it. I didnt realize the penalty was that harsh.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:54 pm

A couple of guys at work split a box of Cubans a quarter. I have a little tupperdor I store them in for occasions, and will smoke one alone every now and again. I probably smoke 10-15 cigars a year, so getting $10-20 sticks isn't particularly painful. We mostly stick to the classics - Partagas, Montecristo, Upmann.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Kaizer on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm

I brought back a box of romeos from Qatar to give to family and friends, they seemed to like them, although I doubt any of us know a good cigar from our asses.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Like wine, bourbon, or anything else, "good" is what you like. Don't let a price tag or national origin have too much pull in deciding how much you enjoy something. If you want to get into it, find out why you like what you like, and let that be your guide to try new things that might be "better".
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR