Your TWOTD (2048 number slider game)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your TWOTD (2048 number slider game)

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat May 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Staggy wrote:Wow this game is addicting, I downloaded it a couple days ago and haven't stopped playing since.

I can't get past 1024, even doing the no down, go up and to the right strategy.

Start by just swiping blindly right left right left. Every now and then swipe up until you can't anymore. Do that a few times. It basically starts you at 128.

Keep trying. You'll get there. I haven't played once since getting 2048.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Sun May 04, 2014 12:11 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
Staggy wrote:Wow this game is addicting, I downloaded it a couple days ago and haven't stopped playing since.

I can't get past 1024, even doing the no down, go up and to the right strategy.

Start by just swiping blindly right left right left. Every now and then swipe up until you can't anymore. Do that a few times. It basically starts you at 128.

Keep trying. You'll get there. I haven't played once since getting 2048.

I would not recommend that. Simply, the "no down + to the right" (or whichever corner you like) is a good strategy, IF you remember one extra rule - always keep the upper row full, so that if you need to move left, your highest tile (which sits it the upper right corner) does not move. Because if it does, there is a chance that 2 or 4 will appear there - and then you are screwed.

So, basically, the "get to 2048 strategy is "never down, always sweep the tiles to the upper right corner, plus try not to go left unless your first row is full." Every time you get two tiles of the same value in the upper row - always sweep them to the right, and then try to fill out the first row again. (In other words - you are building up the upper left tile, and once it's equal to the tile right to it, you sweep right).

And one more thing - the tiles in the first row should ALWAYS be ascending left-to-right. If you happen to to break the sequence - always repair it.

I think this way you will get to 2048 without much problems, and you slowly start learning other rules that will make your life easier once you try to go to 4096 or 8192 (my current personal best), such as that the tiles is the second row should be ascending right-to-left, that the third row should go always left-to-right, that filling out the right column isn't bad either (because if down movement is inevitable, at least your highest tile stays put), etc, etc....
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Staggy on Sun May 04, 2014 2:56 am

Awesome advice, just got 2048 for the first time!
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon May 05, 2014 3:48 pm

PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 05, 2014 3:54 pm

not a fan... again, the numbers make sense because 2 plus 2 gives you 4, so you know what's coming. When I have to memorize a new set of patterns... no thanks.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon May 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah I can't do any of them except the numbers. It hurts my head...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NHR