Dress Shoes

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dress Shoes

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 pm

AMEN now answer the question. I want to talk about fancy shoes. Not get a new pair at payless every 3 months. :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Florsheim makes shoes up to size 14 for many of their styles, and they offer wide width. You could also look at the products from Hitchcock Wide Shoes for Men (http://wideshoes.com/). They have a variety of dress shoes up to size 15 or 16 and up to 6E in width.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Eismann on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:55 pm

I've had the same Bass black no racist square tips for a few years and they've been great.

Also, I typically buy at discount stores, and that's a mistake. Shoe investments are worth it for high quality.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Update: these Magnannis are super comfortable. Have received many compliments. Very happy with my purchase.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Firebird on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I always have a hard time finding laceless dress shoes that I like
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm

went to NYC for a meeting today. walked about 3 miles round trip from Penn Station to the client's office on Park Ave. My feet are mangled.

I hate my dress shoes thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Kraftster wrote:Update: these Magnannis are super comfortable. Have received many compliments. Very happy with my purchase.

Hey Kraftster. Nice shoes.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BuckintheLou on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

dodint wrote:
BuckintheLou wrote:
Shyster wrote:
dodint wrote:I've had something itching at the back of my mind for a while. Is there any use for the high gloss dress shoes I used in the military now that I'm out? I have them in oxford and a pair of chukka that I only wore once.

Do you mean patent-leather glossy? If so, they would be fine to wear them with a tuxedo.

The chukka boots may be utilized around the house (i.e., grass cutting, outside painting, changing oil, etc.) but I'd say the corfams would be better suited as a donation to Goodwill or something like that.

These are the corframs, I'm probably going to throw them away next time I come across them. They've got enough wear and storage dings that I couldn't wear them in uniform, let alone anywhere else:

Spoiler:

The chukka boots I bought specifically for my wedding and never wore them again. I wear a 14 dress shoe, so in the box they take up some prime real estate in the closet, but I don't want to part with them. Wish I could find a use for them in civilian attire.

Spoiler:

They would be horrifically bad for grass cutting, etc. ;) I still have my combat boots that I wear riding the motorcycle or when knocking down brush or something, I assume that's what you were picturing.

I have a pair of Bostonions I wear with suits and more formal stuff, and some other brown oxfords I wear around the office.

Uh, yeah. Didn't realize your chukka's were so snazzy.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Kraftster wrote:Update: these Magnannis are super comfortable. Have received many compliments. Very happy with my purchase.

Do you have a picture of them?
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 am

Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NHR