Official 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i would say nothing is certain until training camps break and the hype trains start rolling

True, maybe last year was a bit of a fluke, you can also add bernard on to that list from 2nd round of the 2013 draft. 2012 had guys like isiah pead, ronnie hillman and isiah pead in the 2nd round.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Sankey is certainly the best rookie to draft for next season. Just from a dynasty perspective, Watkins / Evans look like potential studs.. I actually have cooks ahead of Sankey as welll. Last year, Sankey likely would have been taken behind bell, Bernard, ball, lacy, and Michael in NFL draft.. This year he's starting to enter convo of 1 overall in ff just because of situation, which scares me

I think if you really want to look for next year, see what you can get for number 1. I'm fully behind the Watkins hype train though, so I'm probably biased
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Troy Loney wrote:I think Sankey is the way to go. RB is as much about circumstance as talent, a 2nd round RB taken and given the job has a much higher probability of success than a first round receiver. Last year with Bell, Lacey and Ball turning into high value players within a year. Although Watkins and Evans look more like AJ Green and Julio Jones than Cordarelle Patterson and Darious Heyward Bey. Is it a certainty that Sankey-Watkins-Evans go 1,2,3?

I would guess its pretty certain. I think you could see Cooks slip in there perhaps just because of the hype I think he'll have/continue having.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I'd love to trade down to 1.03 if the 1.03 guy loves Sankey. Getting Cooks+Evans/Watkins and picking up another later pick somewhere would be an easy decision.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm

The first pick I have in my rookie draft next week is the 12th... less exciting. My team already featured Brees, Lynch, Fitzgerald, and Vjax.... so why not triple down and trade all the picks I accumulated for Forte :) ... So yea, definitely in win-now mode.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Officially got the 1st overall in the rookie only draft in my big league. I think I'm going to try to trade back to #3. The guy there has a boatload of picks in the first two rounds. Move back there, take who is left out of Sankey, Evans, Watkins and move on. Its possible that there could be a good bit of interest in #1 if RBs are in need. Sankey is the only realistic option for production next year.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NHR