Michael Brown

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Michael Brown

Postby newarenanow on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/mi ... ys-source/

According to this, the officer had a broken eye socket, facial bruises, and Brown shoved him back in the car, and when the officer told him to freeze, he put his hands up and said "what are you going to do, shoot me" and then charged the officer.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Michael Brown

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:45 pm

nan <3's threads
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm utterly shocked
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

it's the same story line as the Zimmerman/Martin story. Pretty much word for word.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm still confused by two things:

1) Why CE got blown up in the first place, and

2) Why all of this info that's at least somewhat exculpatory for the cop is taking days and days to be released, and why the FPD account keeps changing in little ways.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Factorial on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Yes, why would they take so long to release this information? I'm not disputing it's truth but do find it odd.

I also find it odd that anyone would start a fight with a police officer. Wait, he might have smoked some pot and that would explain it.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 pm

It is odd, but I wonder if they had their hands full with the rioting hordes in the immediate aftermath. I'm fairly certain they could have released this information right after it happened and it wouldn't have stopped the rioting and looting
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Factorial wrote:Yes, why would they take so long to release this information? I'm not disputing it's truth but do find it odd.

I also find it odd that anyone would start a fight with a police officer. Wait, he might have smoked some pot and that would explain it.

Have you never seen COPS? Or at least been on Carson Street after midnight?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Eismann wrote:
Factorial wrote:Yes, why would they take so long to release this information? I'm not disputing it's truth but do find it odd.

This. Some people are just crazy.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Factorial wrote: I also find it odd that anyone would start a fight with a police officer. Wait, he might have smoked some pot and that would explain it.

Honest question. Why do you find it so hard to believe that people like this actually exist? Do you have any idea how police officers are viewed by people like Michael Brown? Pretty much like scum.

If Brown had just robbed a store and assaulted someone, his adrenaline and confidence could have been riding high. I think a lot of people desperately want the initial narrative to hold true, and it's readily apparent it isn't
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Source close to the police tells this to Fox News. Color me skeptical.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm

I would certainly like to see some sort of official statement, or official release of evidence. Surely there are pictures and what not (unless the pics are in the video... didn't watch it)
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 pm

count2infinity wrote:I would certainly like to see some sort of official statement, or official release of evidence. Surely there are pictures and what not (unless the pics are in the video... didn't watch it)

I'm sure it will. These guys are Rob Rossi and change the story every few minutes.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 pm

I hate all the "this source told me" .. "that source told me" crap from both sides. Not naming who your sources are makes me pretty skeptical on both sides.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Factorial on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Just looked at the link and this account isn't even official. I'll wait to hear more than "unnamed sources tell Fox News".
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Factorial on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:It is odd, but I wonder if they had their hands full with the rioting hordes in the immediate aftermath. I'm fairly certain they could have released this information right after it happened and it wouldn't have stopped the rioting and looting

Please, if this account is true it would have changed the dynamic and you know that.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah, I'm wary about the Fox News part. Can't find this story from any other news outlet...
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:28 pm

I could have sworn I saw days ago a report that the officer had a swollen eye after the encounter. Can't remember where I read that though.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:30 pm

It's odd either way. Someone starting a fight with a cop is odd. A cop firing at an unarmed man is odd. What happened is probably a mix of oddities on both sides.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:32 pm

count2infinity wrote:I could have sworn I saw days ago a report that the officer had a swollen eye after the encounter. Can't remember where I read that though.

I actually just read that too but they're all coming from conventionally right leaning news outlets.

Hell I bet both sides are lying out of their a**.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: you from the department of 'know what I'm saying"s?

Postby Factorial on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Eismann wrote:

Now you are adding alcohol to the mix and none was found in his system but given your views on pot (seemingly straight out of Reefer Madness) I can see how you would think that.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Willie Kool on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Honest question. Why do you find it so hard to believe that people like this actually exist? Do you have any idea how police officers are viewed by people like Michael Brown?

What kind of people are you referring to?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 pm

The word is that Brown's partner in crime, Dorian Johnson, verified that Brown attacked the cop and tried to take his gun. Complete hearsay, but would be interesting if he turned over
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:35 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:It is odd, but I wonder if they had their hands full with the rioting hordes in the immediate aftermath. I'm fairly certain they could have released this information right after it happened and it wouldn't have stopped the rioting and looting

The first rioting wasn't until a day after the shooting.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BigMcK on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm

What wrong did this deputy do to deserve this? Seems like he was doing his job after responding to a domestic dispute.

Sheriff’s deputy injured in Lakewood Center Mall attack remains in ICU

Frankie Estrada, 21, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder of a peace officer. Authorities say he kicked the deputy repeatedly during a domestic abuse investigation before a bystander at the scene pushed Estrada away from the deputy, stopping the attack.

http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/20140818/sheriffs-deputy-injured-in-lakewood-center-mall-attack-remains-in-icu
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to NHR