Politics... have at it!!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Re: Politics... have at it!!!

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:02 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:

Any of the aforementioned cities on your list? You know the cities that have been run by lefties for decades. And when I say run, I mean from top to bottom, including the DA's office and the police depts. They have had numerous opportunities to remodel *cough*, but chose not to. Or have you not realized that?

Edit to add: I am fairly certain Chicago has had to remodel their morgue. 242 killed year to date.

What does the state of policing in democratically governed cities have to do with idea that policing needs reform in 2020, or the state of policing in cities that have rethought their policing? That's not what you're talking about, haha, remember? You raised the subject, don't move the goal posts.

Maybe I can help.

> Defund the police. Why? Ostensibly because of George Floyd, Freddie Gray et al.

> What happened? They lost their lives while in police custody.

> Where? In major US cities run by lefties.

> Who is crying out for defunding the police force? Lefties from major US cities.

> Who is responsible for hiring, training, managing, and funding the police force? Lefties from major US cities. (Sensing a trend here?)

To summarize, the same people who are responsible for the current police force models (heh), refuse to hold themselves accountable for perpetuating the problem. Correction: Not perpetuating, but exacerbating the problem.

Defund the police in major US cities? Have at it.

Note: DeBlasio (NYC) and Garcetti (LA) have already started reducing police budgets.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Humperdink wrote:
theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:

Any of the aforementioned cities on your list? You know the cities that have been run by lefties for decades. And when I say run, I mean from top to bottom, including the DA's office and the police depts. They have had numerous opportunities to remodel *cough*, but chose not to. Or have you not realized that?

Edit to add: I am fairly certain Chicago has had to remodel their morgue. 242 killed year to date.

What does the state of policing in democratically governed cities have to do with idea that policing needs reform in 2020, or the state of policing in cities that have rethought their policing? That's not what you're talking about, haha, remember? You raised the subject, don't move the goal posts.

Maybe I can help.

> Defund the police. Why? Ostensibly because of George Floyd, Freddie Gray et al.

> What happened? They lost their lives while in police custody.

> Where? In major US cities run by lefties.

> Who is crying out for defunding the police force? Lefties from major US cities.

> Who is responsible for hiring, training, managing, and funding the police force? Lefties from major US cities. (Sensing a trend here?)

To summarize, the same people who are responsible for the current police force models (heh), refuse to hold themselves accountable for perpetuating the problem. Correction: Not perpetuating, but exacerbating the problem.

Defund the police in major US cities? Have at it.

Note: DeBlasio (NYC) and Garcetti (LA) have already started reducing police budgets.

None of that has anything to do with the hypothetical validity of or need for police reform. You're not only lumping progressive democrats in with establishment democrats, but you're also lumping in all democrats with establishment democrat politicians, as if they're all the same thing or asking for the same thing. Have you taken any time to understand what it is exactly that they're asking for? Of course you haven't.

Also, if you had to guess, why do you think those cities have democratic mayors? Actually, why do you think most cities have democratic mayors? Curious.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:53 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Trump: "Defund WHO".

Lefties: "Defund the police".

I'm all in on both. Regarding the police, we could begin with the cities of New York, LA, Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore. Have the existing police force quietly retire and create a Social Justice Rapid Reaction Force made off of the various aggrieved parties (too many to list). A sort of Petri dish for the left's utopia.

Have you ever looked into cities that have already remodeled their police force? Of course you haven't.

I truly hope that is what they mean through all the dismantle, dissolve, defund rhetoric and it’s probably just the media being the media. Camden NJ is one example, sure we can find more, of the overhaul tactic and it seems to have worked out well for them.

Personally, I’ve been for this kind of overhaul for a long time. Frank Serpico’s story is really just the tip of the iceberg in a nationwide horrible method of enforcement.

I grew up in LA so have good knowledge of the military/gestapo tactics they used at the time. Chief Gates never had the funds or amount of officers he wanted so had to be a bit overhanded in his approach with newsworthy results. Not all of it is personal experience but you still grow up with the nonsense everywhere.

When I lived in London, I felt at ease asking a cop for directions, something I’d never do in America. Though police officers truly are nice and genuine people they have that aura of being over the population rather than working with/for the population. Like we’re subjects to their whim, if that makes sense. With an attitude of “if I’m wrong the courts will deal with it” rather than doing their jobs right.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

I'm all in on both. Regarding the police, we could begin with the cities of New York, LA, Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore. Have the existing police force quietly retire and create a Social Justice Rapid Reaction Force made off of the various aggrieved parties (too many to list). A sort of Petri dish for the left's utopia.

Have you ever looked into cities that have already remodeled their police force? Of course you haven't.

I truly hope that is what they mean through all the dismantle, dissolve, defund rhetoric and it’s probably just the media being the media. Camden NJ is one example, sure we can find more, of the overhaul tactic and it seems to have worked out well for them.

Personally, I’ve been for this kind of overhaul for a long time. Frank Serpico’s story is really just the tip of the iceberg in a nationwide horrible method of enforcement.

I grew up in LA so have good knowledge of the military/gestapo tactics they used at the time. Chief Gates never had the funds or amount of officers he wanted so had to be a bit overhanded in his approach with newsworthy results. Not all of it is personal experience but you still grow up with the nonsense everywhere.

When I lived in London, I felt at ease asking a cop for directions, something I’d never do in America. Though police officers truly are nice and genuine people they have that aura of being over the population rather than working with/for the population. Like we’re subjects to their whim, if that makes sense. With an attitude of “if I’m wrong the courts will deal with it” rather than doing their jobs right.

Trust me, as someone who knows a lot of liberals, a very small percentage is calling for abolition (everyone understands the need for some sort of policing), most are calling for demilitarization and sensible reallocation of certain funds, and few are calling for additional training etc. It should be clear to everyone on both sides of the aisle that we have had a huge policing problem for quite a while, even excluding racial issues.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 pm

theblackarts wrote: None of that has anything to do with the hypothetical validity of or need for police reform. You're not only lumping progressive democrats in with establishment democrats, but you're also lumping in all democrats with establishment democrat politicians, as if they're all the same thing or asking for the same thing. Have you taken any time to understand what it is exactly that they're asking for? Of course you haven't.

Also, if you had to guess, why do you think those cities have democratic mayors? Actually, why do you think most cities have democratic mayors? Curious.

You are exactly right. I am lumping progressive democrats with establishment democrats and then those with all democrats. Why? Because at the ballot box, they put their X beside ..... wait for it ...... the democrat candidate no matter what.

Why do big cities have democrat mayors? That is a great mystery to me. If I lived there, I would be pounding the drums (a little Liz Warren lingo) for a complete change. They are inept managers. High taxes, high crime, low graduation rates - a veritable trifecta. As an aside, the former mayor of Detroit, a democrat, was denied parole last week.

I am surprised you didn't use the typical refrain from progressive/establishment/age old democrats. More money. That'll do it. More money.

Note: I love the end of your responses: "Of course you haven't" or "Of course you didn't". You need to be more creative in reading my mind. It is amusing though.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:29 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

Trust me, as someone who knows a lot of liberals, a very small percentage is calling for abolition (everyone understands the need for some sort of policing), most are calling for demilitarization and sensible reallocation of certain funds, and few are calling for additional training etc. It should be clear to everyone on both sides of the aisle that we have had a huge policing problem for quite a while, even excluding racial issues.

I don’t know if I agree with a reallocation of funds, depends on where they’re going with this to be honest with you so more a wait and see I guess. I don’t think additional training per say is the answer as much as I think better training is needed. In theory cost should be the same. They need to learn all things things they know that save their lives and allow for better police work, but change the approach. More a change of approach than more training (though that might require more cost/training but you get where I’m going with this).

I do think they need to use force, up to and including death, as warranted but that really applies to everyone from police to civilians. The biggest thing that needs to be fixed is the arrogance they have. I get that police work is a tough job, but no one forced them to be police officers.

Other than civil rights standards I really don’t want the feds to get involved in state matter, I think the states need to do this themselves but need to be held to a standard. There is a reason we have an FBI for interstate situations and state/local police for state related stuff. I think too much fed involvement will be bad in the end.

In the end a small percentage of police on civilian situations end up violent, but that doesn’t mean the approach can’t be fixed. What percentage of people drive past a police officer with “don’t turn your lights on don’t turn your lights on”. Like we all have the feeling that even if we’re doing nothing wrong we can still get pulled over. Maybe it’s just me and my guilty conscience, lol, but I think a lot of people fear the police rather than embrace them. Even though easily over 90% are pretty cool and even though a small percentage of interactions end in violence. They seem to just have a stigma of arrogance that needs to change and has needed to change my whole life (though I admit growing up in LA might have skewed that a bit).
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Humperdink wrote:
theblackarts wrote: None of that has anything to do with the hypothetical validity of or need for police reform. You're not only lumping progressive democrats in with establishment democrats, but you're also lumping in all democrats with establishment democrat politicians, as if they're all the same thing or asking for the same thing. Have you taken any time to understand what it is exactly that they're asking for? Of course you haven't.

You are exactly right. I am lumping progressive democrats with establishment democrats and then those with all democrats. Why? Because at the ballot box, they put their X beside ..... wait for it ...... the democrat candidate no matter what.

Why do big cities have democrat mayors? That is a great mystery to me. If I lived there, I would be pounding the drums (a little Liz Warren lingo) for a complete change. They are inept managers. High taxes, high crime, low graduation rates - a veritable trifecta. As an aside, the former mayor of Detroit, a democrat, was denied parole last week.

I am surprised you didn't use the typical refrain from progressive/establishment/age old democrats. More money. That'll do it. More money.

Note: I love the end of your responses: "Of course you haven't" or "Of course you didn't". You need to be more creative in reading my mind. It is amusing though.

I mean, most of your posts are just "look at this crazy headline I found on conservativeoutpost.ru that proves the democrats hate america" so it's easy to assume that you've spent no time in looking into what you're promoting. Your notion that all democrats have the same opinion because they all vote democrat proves that you've invested literally no time in trying to understand what's going on in liberal politics.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you don't know why most cities in the US (with the largest economies) have democratic mayors. First things first, no democrat under the age of 50 cares about establishment democratic politics (ie more $), so I'd suggest digging a little deeper if that's what you're crutching on. Progressives are just about as upset with democratic establishment as you are.

You've already forgotten, but your original post poked fun at police reform. Do you want it or not? Try to stay focused, I know it's tough.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:
Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

I don’t know if I agree with a reallocation of funds, depends on where they’re going with this to be honest with you so more a wait and see I guess. I don’t think additional training per say is the answer as much as I think better training is needed. In theory cost should be the same. They need to learn all things things they know that save their lives and allow for better police work, but change the approach. More a change of approach than more training (though that might require more cost/training but you get where I’m going with this).

I do think they need to use force, up to and including death, as warranted but that really applies to everyone from police to civilians. The biggest thing that needs to be fixed is the arrogance they have. I get that police work is a tough job, but no one forced them to be police officers.

Other than civil rights standards I really don’t want the feds to get involved in state matter, I think the states need to do this themselves but need to be held to a standard. There is a reason we have an FBI for interstate situations and state/local police for state related stuff. I think too much fed involvement will be bad in the end.

In the end a small percentage of police on civilian situations end up violent, but that doesn’t mean the approach can’t be fixed. What percentage of people drive past a police officer with “don’t turn your lights on don’t turn your lights on”. Like we all have the feeling that even if we’re doing nothing wrong we can still get pulled over. Maybe it’s just me and my guilty conscience, lol, but I think a lot of people fear the police rather than embrace them. Even though easily over 90% are pretty cool and even though a small percentage of interactions end in violence. They seem to just have a stigma of arrogance that needs to change and has needed to change my whole life (though I admit growing up in LA might have skewed that a bit).

You should look into what sorts of fund reallocation are being proposed and/or implemented. It's hard to argue with a lot of it. Every democrat understands the need for effective policing, I assure you.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:23 pm

theblackarts wrote:You should look into what sorts of fund reallocation are being proposed and/or implemented. It's hard to argue with a lot of it. Every democrat understands the need for effective policing, I assure you.

Once I see a bill that has some traction I will certainly look at it. My concern is that it's more politically correct than effective. If it puts officers lives at risk, I will be 100% against it, just like I would be if it puts citizens lives at risk. The two concerns I have is too much federal interference and to little police training before of things that aren't really police related.

Too early to really know what a bill will look like and it'll likely take a few months to get a bill worthy of reading. Even if I looked it up now the version that goes through Congress will change enough to make it necessary to wait. Thing about reading bills though. I might get a synopsis somewhere but congress.gov will have the full text. If the synopsis is debates or people using fox vs cnn as sources, I'll just read the bloody thing myself. Or at least skim it depending on length.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:You should look into what sorts of fund reallocation are being proposed and/or implemented. It's hard to argue with a lot of it. Every democrat understands the need for effective policing, I assure you.

Once I see a bill that has some traction I will certainly look at it. My concern is that it's more politically correct than effective. If it puts officers lives at risk, I will be 100% against it, just like I would be if it puts citizens lives at risk. The two concerns I have is too much federal interference and to little police training before of things that aren't really police related.

Too early to really know what a bill will look like and it'll likely take a few months to get a bill worthy of reading. Even if I looked it up now the version that goes through Congress will change enough to make it necessary to wait. Thing about reading bills though. I might get a synopsis somewhere but congress.gov will have the full text. If the synopsis is debates or people using fox vs cnn as sources, I'll just read the bloody thing myself. Or at least skim it depending on length.

Well, any bill with lower funding would appear make the officers lives more in danger. So, that's probably not a good metric, as that's not the issue that's being addressed. The real question is if the plan ultimately lowers crime and creates less life-threatening situations for police AND for citizens. Remember, this is being raised because of primarily the later. This will definitely not be a "we will know if this is good or bad any time soon" type of thing. We can reference other countries (to an extent) as well as US cities that have already enacted police reform for ideas and data, but putting the cat back in the bag is going to be difficult. In general, we need to start with core ethics and work from there to see what is practical given our circumstances. Trust me, democrats don't want crime to go up for the sake of PC.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:33 pm

theblackarts wrote: Progressives are just about as upset with democratic establishment as you are.

Ladies and gentlemen ..... I present to you ...... Joe Biden. (Isn't it funny how the progressives have gone completely silent and Sanders has disappeared.)

You said: "It doesn't surprise me at all that you don't know why most cities in the US (with the largest economies) have democratic mayors."

Oh I know why major cities have D mayors. What I said is it's a mystery..... as in it mystifies me. Why? If the same D politicians continued to promise that would my life/my city would improve, while at the same time my life/my city continued to circle the drain, I would be inclined to change my voting habits. If I had to guess, my projection would be that Trump will get a record minority vote. As he said to them when he addressed a minority audience some time ago: "What do you have to lose?"

You also said: "Your notion that all democrats have the same opinion because they all vote democrat proves that you've invested literally no time in trying to understand what's going on in liberal politics."

Oh contraire. Once again you are making assumptions that are erroneous. I enjoy a spirited political debate, but if you insist on making silly statements beginning with "this proves you don't ..(fill in the blank)", you can chat with someone else.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:01 am

Humperdink wrote:
theblackarts wrote: Progressives are just about as upset with democratic establishment as you are.

Ladies and gentlemen ..... I present to you ...... Joe Biden. (Isn't it funny how the progressives have gone completely silent and Sanders has disappeared.)

You said: "It doesn't surprise me at all that you don't know why most cities in the US (with the largest economies) have democratic mayors."

Oh I know why major cities have D mayors. What I said is it's a mystery..... as in it mystifies me. Why? If the same D politicians continued to promise that would my life/my city would improve, while at the same time my life/my city continued to circle the drain, I would be inclined to change my voting habits. If I had to guess, my projection would be that Trump will get a record minority vote. As he said to them when he addressed a minority audience some time ago: "What do you have to lose?"

You also said: "Your notion that all democrats have the same opinion because they all vote democrat proves that you've invested literally no time in trying to understand what's going on in liberal politics."

Oh contraire. Once again you are making assumptions that are erroneous. I enjoy a spirited political debate, but if you insist on making silly statements beginning with "this proves you don't ..(fill in the blank)", you can chat with someone else.

I see that you forgot to include your thoughts on police reform for a second time.

No progressive is excited about Joe Biden. If you think progressives and bernie have gone silent, again, per all of your posts, you're not even trying.

NY, LA, Chicago, Philly, Houston, Phoenix... definitely circling the drain. Definitely not economically booming. No one wants to live there, nor is great art is made in those cities (don't get me started on the food), they have terrible economies, everyone's lives are miserable, and hopefully someday a republican mayor will get them pointed in the right direction. Their progressive agendas are a ball and chain on this country. Thanks for opening my eyes!

I said you were lumping opinions together, you said you were because they all vote the same, I said that's short-sighted, you said nuh-uh. It's a fact that the democratic party is divided on police reform, but you don't want to understand that, for some reason. Where am I making an assumption? Please feel free to stop responding to my replies if you aren't going to admit when you're wrong. Daniel is actually way more fun to chat with, as he's at least trying a little bit.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:56 pm

[quote="theblackarts" Daniel is actually way more fun to chat with .... [/quote]

He's your guy!!!
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Meanwhile, there is a minor insurrection in Seattle, WA.

"Seattle’s hard-Left secessionist movement has claimed its first territory: six blocks in the Capitol Hill neighborhood."

"On the new rebel state’s first night, the atmosphere was festive and triumphant. Hooded men spray-painted the police station with slogans and anarchist symbols, renaming it the “Seattle People’s Department East Precinct.” Raz Simone, a local rapper with an AK-47 slung from his shoulder and a pistol attached to his hip, screamed, “This is war!” into a white-and-red megaphone and instructed armed paramilitaries to guard the barricades in shifts. Later in the night, Simone was filmed allegedly assaulting multiple protestors who disobeyed his orders, informing them that he was the "police" now, sparking fears that he was becoming the de facto warlord of the autonomous zone."

Sweet. AK-47* Whoda thunk it?

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

*Note: Automatic Kalashnikov developed in 1947 (hence AK-47) developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov, a mere sergeant. Here we go again. Russia, Russia, Russia influencing our election.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Humperdink wrote:Meanwhile, there is a minor insurrection in Seattle, WA.

"Seattle’s hard-Left secessionist movement has claimed its first territory: six blocks in the Capitol Hill neighborhood."

"On the new rebel state’s first night, the atmosphere was festive and triumphant. Hooded men spray-painted the police station with slogans and anarchist symbols, renaming it the “Seattle People’s Department East Precinct.” Raz Simone, a local rapper with an AK-47 slung from his shoulder and a pistol attached to his hip, screamed, “This is war!” into a white-and-red megaphone and instructed armed paramilitaries to guard the barricades in shifts. Later in the night, Simone was filmed allegedly assaulting multiple protestors who disobeyed his orders, informing them that he was the "police" now, sparking fears that he was becoming the de facto warlord of the autonomous zone."

Sweet. AK-47* Whoda thunk it?

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

*Note: Automatic Kalashnikov developed in 1947 (hence AK-47) developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov, a mere sergeant. Here we go again. Russia, Russia, Russia influencing our election.

I don't get it man. What are you trying to do here? Do you want me to post an example of republican congressman looking the other way when neo-nazis organize or when Trump parties with some KKK dude or when an armed militia shows up to the michigan capitol to get a haircut (with masks on)? For every far left article you post there is an equally problematic far-right example just a click away. If you're the patriot you think you are, you'll share those as well, though I haven't seen a single one from you.

I don't know what kind of moral high-ground you think you're preaching from, but it reeks of "I haven't considered for even a second that my way of thinking could be fraught with hypocrisy." You and I have a lot more in common than you think, but I'm not outrage posting every headline I read trying to spell you out to be evil or my enemy or an idiot.

This message board shouldn't be your outlet for whatever is making you angry at any given moment. Everyone thinks they're spreading the gospel, but all you're really doing is adding little piece of kindling to the dumpster fire of the internet. The next time you read a headline that bothers you, why don't you send it to a liberal friend of yours and ask them to explain it from their point of view? Maybe you'll learn something, or god forbid gain some insight into another line of thought outside of your paranoia bubble.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:39 pm

The complete spectrum of the democrat party, antifa, radical, progressive, and old age, are all in on removing statues and renaming military bases that were named after confederate generals. It's funny the name Robert C. Byrd (D-WV)has not surfaced in the discussion. He was longest serving democrat senator in US history.

If you have traveled through West Virginia, you would have noticed that every bridge, road, highway, government building, utility pole has Robert C. Byrd's name on it. He was also member in good standing of the KKK in his earlier life.

That'll take a lot of paint to cover his sins. Oh where to start? Maybe Ms. Pelosi can lead the way.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Humperdink wrote:The complete spectrum of the democrat party, antifa, radical, progressive, and old age, are all in on removing statues and renaming military bases that were named after confederate generals. It's funny the name Robert C. Byrd (D-WV)has not surfaced in the discussion. He was longest serving democrat senator in US history.

If you have traveled through West Virginia, you would have noticed that every bridge, road, highway, government building, utility pole has Robert C. Byrd's name on it. He was also member in good standing of the KKK in his earlier life.

That'll take a lot of paint to cover his sins. Oh where to start? Maybe Ms. Pelosi can lead the way.

Big picture hump. Think big picture. I know it's uncomfortable to look inward, but it's healthy, I promise. Do you have access to psilocybin?
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby interstorm on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:29 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:The complete spectrum of the democrat party, antifa, radical, progressive, and old age, are all in on removing statues and renaming military bases that were named after confederate generals. It's funny the name Robert C. Byrd (D-WV)has not surfaced in the discussion. He was longest serving democrat senator in US history.

Big picture hump. Think big picture. I know it's uncomfortable to look inward, but it's healthy, I promise. Do you have access to psilocybin?

OMG -- this guy is such a clown...

Reads: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/amid-o ... home-state

Regurgitates it on this board like it is some profound insight against the movement going on. As if it is over, as if the removal of all these monuments to racism is complete. As if Pelosi or Dems or evil liberals is what this is all about. Facepalm.

Reality: https://marshallparthenon.com/25512/new ... ing-names/

(hint -- this was even mentioned towards the end of the article but I am sure he didn't get that far).
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:59 pm

From the right wing nuts at CNN:

"Nollette (Seattle Assistant Police Chief Deanna Nollette) said police had received reports that protesters allegedly set up barricades, "with some armed individuals running them as checkpoints into the neighborhood."

Nolette went on to say: "While they have a constitutionally-protected right to bear arms, and while Washington is an open carry state, there is no legal right for those arms to be used to intimidate community members," Nollette said, adding that anyone subjected to these demands should call 911."

> Wut? Intimidating citizens with firearms? Sounds like the law enforcement division of the Radical Democrat Party (the RDP) could a use a bit of reform.

"Nollette also said police have "heard anecdotally" of residents and businesses being asked to pay a fee if they want to operate in the area. "This is the crime of extortion,"

> Good grief! What's the democrat party coming to?

"It's unclear who is leading the protesters, but Nollette said Wednesday that police were working to find a point of contact to establish a line of communication." <<<<<<< This is the last sentence in the article.

> AOC could end this with one phone call. Or Bernie. Or Nancy, but not Chuck or Joe.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/us/seatt ... index.html
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Humperdink wrote:From the right wing nuts at CNN:

"Nollette (Seattle Assistant Police Chief Deanna Nollette) said police had received reports that protesters allegedly set up barricades, "with some armed individuals running them as checkpoints into the neighborhood."

Nolette went on to say: "While they have a constitutionally-protected right to bear arms, and while Washington is an open carry state, there is no legal right for those arms to be used to intimidate community members," Nollette said, adding that anyone subjected to these demands should call 911."

> Wut? Intimidating citizens with firearms? Sounds like the law enforcement division of the Radical Democrat Party (the RDP) could a use a bit of reform.

"Nollette also said police have "heard anecdotally" of residents and businesses being asked to pay a fee if they want to operate in the area. "This is the crime of extortion,"

> Good grief! What's the democrat party coming to?

"It's unclear who is leading the protesters, but Nollette said Wednesday that police were working to find a point of contact to establish a line of communication." <<<<<<< This is the last sentence in the article.

> AOC could end this with one phone call. Or Bernie. Or Nancy, but not Chuck or Joe.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/us/seatt ... index.html

Deep breaths humpy. Three slow counts. You're gonna make it. You're gonna be ok.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby interstorm on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/ppp-sma ... sed-2020-6

"We believe that that's proprietary information, and in many cases for sole proprietors and small businesses, it is confidential information," Mnuchin told lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

I don't care which side of the aisle you are on -- this is unjustifiably bad. The Trump administration, whether truth or rumor, reeks of corruption and abuse. The best way to counter that is with transparency, which apparently is 180 degrees from the direction Mnuchin is taking. This is OUR money and if a business didn't want to be known taking it, then they SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN IT.

Otherwise we're left to think the (rumored corrupt) administration is hiding something and basically embezzling this themselves. Please - please - publish the information (on how our money is spent) to allow the nation to be less divisive on this issue.

Isn't this something everyone can agree on? Shouldn't the transperancy of hundreds of billions of dollars be a top national concern?
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:16 pm

In what can only be described as shocking, the new country of CHAZ, aka the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, located in Seattle, has erected walls and barricades to keep out illegal immigrants. The immigrants, located in the surrounding Seattle area, have attempted to enter CHAZ, only to be turned away by armed democrat Antifia border guards. It appears the desire for a better life of rioting, firebombing, graffiti spraying and lack of personal hygiene will continue to be beyond the reach of the common democrat.

In related news, the CHAZ democrat politburo initially ruled the fall election will be a vote by mail election. It was then pointed out by one member of the politburo the country of CHAZ has no post office, so the issued was tabled.
Last edited by Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:08 am

"Gone With the Wind" cancelled. The television show "Cops" cancelled. Paw Patrol on the chopping block. Paw Patrol?

In an effort to capitalize on the radical left's "unifying" anti-police momentum, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has introduced house bill #666, which would force police departments nationwide to euthanize all K-9 German Shepherd dogs and replace them with comfort kittens. Home owners would be also be required to dispose of any dog with at least 1/1024 German Shepherd blood. Importation of German Shepherds from the Fatherland would also be illegal, although there already is a move afoot to sneak them across the US southern border disguised as democrat voters.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:56 pm

Humpy, here's a question for you: Have you considered the idea that if even 10% of the evil liberal media's headlines about Trump are true, it would counter, and then some, literally anything that you could say or have said about liberals/democrats etc.? For as much as you hate dems, you sure do have an easy time looking past the sequoia-sized plank in your own eye.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Speaking of German Shepherds, attached is a brief video for Schutzhund training: obedience, search, and protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armJAV1Knyo
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR