Politics... have at it!!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Re: Politics... have at it!!!

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Humperdink wrote:Speaking of German Shepherds, attached is a brief video for Schutzhund training: obedience, search, and protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armJAV1Knyo

Hump, do you have a therapist/do you see them regularly? These guys will help you find one near you if your insurance won't cover it:

https://www.nami.org/help
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:10 pm

It has been reported Seattle officials have delivered Port-a-Potties to the democrat-run sovereign nation of CHAZ. Not sure why as I saw there was a garden area available.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Hump, I'm so sorry dude. I hope this board has enough server space to hold all of the posts you 100% need to make. Maybe we can have a bake sale to upgrade the maximum limit for you.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby interstorm on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:55 pm

theblackarts wrote:Hump, I'm so sorry dude. I hope this board has enough server space to hold all of the posts you 100% need to make. Maybe we can have a bake sale to upgrade the maximum limit for you.

Remember a few years ago when there was that one poster who kept linking Trib Live or Post Gazette links while clogging up the board and adding nothing of value? Everybody hated that guy and told him to stop.

Well...
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:09 pm

interstorm wrote:
theblackarts wrote:Hump, I'm so sorry dude. I hope this board has enough server space to hold all of the posts you 100% need to make. Maybe we can have a bake sale to upgrade the maximum limit for you.

Remember a few years ago when there was that one poster who kept linking Trib Live or Post Gazette links while clogging up the board and adding nothing of value? Everybody hated that guy and told him to stop.

Well...

I mean, if he keeps posting at this rate, Hillary is going to show up in a Verizon uniform with additional service charges AND take his guns away.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby interstorm on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:28 pm

theblackarts wrote:
interstorm wrote:

Well...

I mean, if he keeps posting at this rate, Hillary is going to show up in a Verizon uniform with additional service charges AND take his guns away.

Oh the humanity!
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:34 pm

theblackarts wrote:
interstorm wrote:

Well...

Nah, she’ll just blackmail the same guard that killed Epstein.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Speaking of volume .... See pages 12 and 14 of the Covid 19 and the Penguins thread. I love you guys.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Humperdink wrote:Speaking of volume .... See pages 12 and 14 of the Covid 19 and the Penguins thread. I love you guys.

Hump, do you really want to compare post frequency? In this thread alone you’re literally having a conversation with yourself.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:
interstorm wrote:

Well...

Yyyyyyyyyeahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Humperdink wrote:Speaking of volume .... See pages 12 and 14 of the Covid 19 and the Penguins thread. I love you guys.

And pages 15, 16, and 17.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:32 pm

8-) :shock:
theblackarts wrote:
Daniel wrote:
theblackarts wrote:
interstorm wrote:

Well...

Yyyyyyyyyeahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

8-) :shock:
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Humperdink wrote:

And pages 15, 16, and 17.

Hump, our post ratio is 13:1 and you don’t have the low number.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Black Lives Matter. Who doesn't believe that? I have yet to talk to a single soul who doesn't agree that.* Nope, not a single one. The cop is Minneapolis has been charged with 2nd degree murder. The only charge higher that is 1st degree murder (premeditated). Was the killing racially motivated? Who knows the thoughts of the cop? I sure do not. It was reported the two had run-ins in the past.

What I find interesting the aforementioned policeman remained on the force after having a litany of discipline issues. Want to reform the police? Start with city/police management getting rid of bad cops. For whatever reason(s), union strength?, police code of silence?, don't rock the boat managers up through the mayors?, bad police have to be removed. And they haven't been.

Speaking of murders, the windy city (Aka the city of Chicago), has recorded 1369 people who have been shot ytd. Think about that, over one thousand human beings shot in one municipality in less than 6 months. Of those, 247 have met their demise. Not many of those have been solved, as the code of silence in the inner city is in full force their also. Silence is violence?

* Note: Planned Parenthood being the exception.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Humperdink wrote:Black Lives Matter. Who doesn't believe that? I have yet to talk to a single soul who doesn't agree that.* Nope, not a single one. The cop is Minneapolis has been charged with 2nd degree murder. The only charge higher that is 1st degree murder (premeditated). Was the killing racially motivated? Who knows the thoughts of the cop? I sure do not. It was reported the two had run-ins in the past.

What I find interesting the aforementioned policeman remained on the force after having a litany of discipline issues. Want to reform the police? Start with city/police management getting rid of bad cops. For whatever reason(s), union strength?, police code of silence?, don't rock the boat managers up through the mayors?, bad police have to be removed. And they haven't been.

Speaking of murders, the windy city (Aka the city of Chicago), has recorded 1369 people who have been shot ytd. Think about that, over one thousand human beings shot in one municipality in less than 6 months. Of those, 247 have met their demise. Not many of those have been solved, as the code of silence in the inner city is in full force their also. Silence is violence?

* Note: Planned Parenthood being the exception.

Great start! I’m just going to ignore the * and address the rest of what you said. Removing bad police isn’t really a thing, as a combination of police culture and law doesn’t make that possible. Ratting out fellow officers is deeply frowned upon. The idea of removing bad actors is something that every organization would want to do hypothetically, and I think we all have a basic understanding of the issues that have plagued police departments forever, so, we clearly need more than just ethics adjustments/a slap on the wrist. $ and legislation are the only things that are going to get that done. I think we can all agree that the police need to be funded in such a way that they can safely do their jobs. There are lots of ideas floating around right now that make a lot of sense, take your pick. States will implement them differently, if at all.

So far as BLM, I personally know several vocal ALM folks who see no issue with what’s going on. I wish that weren’t the case.

So far as Chicago murder rates, it’s unfortunate that you’ve drawn that comparison; I hope I’m reading into your comment more than I should. I don’t know if you personally know anyone who lives in such an area (as in a ghetto, not just a humongous city), but life there and life everywhere else in the US is not the same, nor is it policed the same. There is a wealth of information out there about why this is. I would advise not suggesting that it is in some way equal to our current situation, as you’d be comparing decades of destitute struggle among all races inside that socioeconomic class to the aggressions of easily the most privileged citizens in the US. Yes, both groups frown upon ratting out, but the circumstances could not be more different.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:52 am

News from vibrant LA: "L.A. County saw a 12.7% jump in homeless population before the coronavirus pandemic"

"Los Angeles County saw another significant jump in its homeless population prior to the coronavirus pandemic, according to new numbers released Friday. The 2020 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count, which was conducted in January, recorded 66,433 people living on the streets of L.A. County, a staggering 12.7% increase from the year before.

Of that total, 41,290 were within the city of Los Angeles."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/la-homeles ... -pandemic/
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:21 am

Matt Taibbi, noted leftist, has written an article decrying the sad state of journalism in the US. (Yeah, I read lefty articles also). After several paragraphs of the usual Trump bashing, he writes an insightful piece. He lists a number of editors/writers across the fruited plain who have been summarily executed (figuratively) for daring to permit an opposing view to be published. A very good read.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news- ... ing-itself

One glaring example was the case of Lee Yang writing for the Intercept. Yang's crime? Not for writing an original "racist" thought, but for quoting an African-American man.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 am

Via PowerLine:

"I don’t think conservatives should expend much energy opposing the removal of Confederate statues, since nearly all of them were Democrats who wanted to destroy the United States. Sort of like Democrats today. In fact, for consistency’s sake we can suggest that the statues of disloyal Democrats of the 1860s be replaced with statues of disloyal Democrats today. Just so long as Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s statue has him in blackface."
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:07 am

Humperdink wrote:Via PowerLine:

"I don’t think conservatives should expend much energy opposing the removal of Confederate statues, since nearly all of them were Democrats who wanted to destroy the United States. Sort of like Democrats today. In fact, for consistency’s sake we can suggest that the statues of disloyal Democrats of the 1860s be replaced with statues of disloyal Democrats today. Just so long as Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s statue has him in blackface."

Oh hump. If only you had attended history class in high-school, you'd know that between 1900 and 1930, democrats became the progressive party, cemented with FDR's new deal, to which republicans were staunchly opposed. But please, go ahead posting about how democrats in 2020 have literally anything to do with democrats in 1860. Ironally, there are sects of conservatives these days who want everything to do with those said democrats!

Like Trump (Trumperdink?!), you never pass up an opportunity to undercut any remaining credibility you might have. Thanks for continuing to post from bizarre conservative blogs as if you've uncovered the Library of Alexandria and need to share it with the world.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 pm

I generally do not respond to libs as the discussions usually devolve into name calling and ridicule. You, of course, fit the criteria rather nicely. But you left too much low hanging fruit.

History? Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican president, freed the slaves at great cost to the country. 360,000 lives lost by the north alone. Can you name another country in the history of world that spent more lives and treasure freeing slaves. (Hint: there aren't any). And yet, the race issue remains unsolved. It will remain unsolved as long as Sharpton and Jackson continue as de facto leaders of the African-American wing of your party. That would be the democrat party. You must be proud. Reverend Al has a particularly interesting history. The people inside Freddies Fashion Mart are unavailable for comment as they are all dead. I bet you were impressed during the dem presidential primary season when the non-minority candidates made their pilgrimage to Sharpton to get his blessing.

In the mid-sixties, LBJ, a democrat, signed the Civil Rights Bill and initiated the War on Poverty. Forty programs were implemented to reduce poverty. Trillions later, can you say poverty has been significantly reduced in the minority community? Having worked in it, I can tell you first hand the answer is no. In Detroit, one in three is lives below the poverty line. For the math challenged, that's 33%. There is a famous quote that has been attributed to LBJ after the bill signing. I'll clean it up a bit, but here's the quote: "I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for 200 years”. Some have suggested there is no proof LBJ said that. However, Dolores Kearns Goodwin, an LBJ admirer, stated LBJ was capable of crude racist remarks. LBJ was right, the democrats have owned and still own the minority vote. (Connect to this link at your own risk https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-v ... emocratic/)

Speaking of the 1960's, who was a most famous segregationist of that era? That would be George Wallace from Alabama. He ran for president three times ......as a democrat.

So has the inner city minority population improved their economic standing by voting democrat? School test scores? Family structure? Employment? Crime? Drug use? No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Democrats have kept the minorities on the plantation since the 1960's and there is no liberation for them in sight. Need another Lincoln.
Last edited by Humperdink on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 am

What do John Greenleaf, Matthias Baldwin, Adm. David Farragut, Gen. George Thomas, and Robert Gould Shaw have in common? They were abolitionists whose statues were recently defaced or destroyed by card-carrying members of the democrat party's base. And I see Abraham Lincoln's statue in Boston is on the chopping block.

History? We don't need to study no stinkin' history.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ant ... ng-fathers
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:41 am

Confederate statues, based on a quick look at the internet, were built in the post Reconstructionist period, reaching its peak in the 1910s during the presidency of arguably the most racist president ever, Woodrow Wilson. Most of these statues were approved, built and funded by members of the Democratic Party during the Jim Crow era. If these people want to fix their mistake and apologize for the error and remove them, then let them. They created the problem.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:31 pm

Humperdink wrote:I generally do not respond to libs as the discussions usually devolve into name calling and ridicule. You, of course, fit the criteria rather nicely. But you left too much low hanging fruit.

History? Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican president, freed the slaves at great cost to the country. 360,000 lives lost by the north alone. Can you name another country in the history of world that spent more lives and treasure freeing slaves. (Hint: there aren't any). And yet, the race issue remains unsolved. It will remain unsolved as long as Sharpton and Jackson continue as de facto leaders of the African-American wing of your party. That would be the democrat party. You must be proud. Reverend Al has a particularly interesting history. The people inside Freddies Fashion Mart are unavailable for comment as they are all dead. I bet you were impressed during the dem presidential primary season when the non-minority candidates made their pilgrimage to Sharpton to get his blessing.

In the mid-sixties, LBJ, a democrat, signed the Civil Rights Bill and initiated the War on Poverty. Forty programs were implemented to reduce poverty. Trillions later, can you say poverty has been significantly reduced in the minority community? Having worked in it, I can tell you first hand the answer is no. In Detroit, one in three is lives below the poverty line. For the math challenged, that's 33%. There is a famous quote that has been attributed to LBJ after the bill signing. I'll clean it up a bit, but here's the quote: "I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for 200 years”. Some have suggested there is no proof LBJ said that. However, Dolores Kearns Goodwin, an LBJ admirer, stated LBJ was capable of crude racist remarks. LBJ was right, the democrats have owned and still own the minority vote. (Connect to this link at your own risk https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-v ... emocratic/)

Speaking of the 1960's, who was a most famous segregationist of that era? That would be George Wallace from Alabama. He ran for president three times ......as a democrat.

So has the inner city minority population improved their economic standing by voting democrat? School test scores? Family structure? Employment? Crime? Drug use? No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Democrats have kept the minorities on the plantation since the 1960's and there is no liberation for them in sight. Need another Lincoln.

Hump! That's cute. None of that has anything to do with what you initially said or what I said in response. You're providing isolated instances of racism as proof that democrats hate black people and the country. Context is very important. For instance, in modern times, Barry Goldwater's influence on the GOP and it's lasting effects through the Reagan administration. You'll see that the GOP is not a blameless oasis of morality. Smaller government doesn't mean less racism. It's also important to separate establishment democratic politicians from the progressive base, which you continually fail to do. The progressive left routinely calls its own party out.

Let's examine some hump logic: Lincoln freed the slaves, and he was a republican, therefore, modern-day republicans inherit the valor of his deed. Democrats were pro-slavery in 1860, therefore, in 2020 they are also pro-slavery and should be sad for what "they" did 150 years ago. Establishment democratic governors in the 80's and 90's enacted policies that hurt the black community, therefore BLM shouldn't be protesting police brutality in 2020 and should accept blame because their parents voted for a politician that ended up not working for them. Do you see how that doesn't make any sense or mean anything at all right now? Do you really think that modern liberals would be democrats in 1860? The party name doesn't mean anything. The platform as-promised is all that matters so far as that goes.

You're looking to be angry at someone and something, and you've identified democrats as the root of all evil. What really matters in 2020 is that for the past few hundreds of years both democrats AND republicans have profited from an unjust system of governance, and have fostered perverted attitudes toward what society ought to be, and there is finally some momentum geared toward righting some of those wrongs. It doesn't matter if the people protesting are democrat or republican, or are citizens of other countries and affiliated with other political parties, as in the protests you're seeing around the world. A 20 year old liberal demanding police reform inherited no sin from his or her great, great grandparents. Justice and liberty means justice and liberty, right? If taking down a statue is the right thing to do, then... it is.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Southern Fan wrote:Confederate statues, based on a quick look at the internet, were built in the post Reconstructionist period, reaching its peak in the 1910s during the presidency of arguably the most racist president ever, Woodrow Wilson. Most of these statues were approved, built and funded by members of the Democratic Party during the Jim Crow era. If these people want to fix their mistake and apologize for the error and remove them, then let them. They created the problem.

Southern Fan, unfortunately, they're dead.
Last edited by theblackarts on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Humperdink wrote:What do John Greenleaf, Matthias Baldwin, Adm. David Farragut, Gen. George Thomas, and Robert Gould Shaw have in common? They were abolitionists whose statues were recently defaced or destroyed by card-carrying members of the democrat party's base. And I see Abraham Lincoln's statue in Boston is on the chopping block.

History? We don't need to study no stinkin' history.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ant ... ng-fathers

If some protesters didn't do their homework, does that cancel out the cries of those that did?
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to NHR