1. Minnesota sends Dwayne Roloson to Edmonton for OilersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ 2006 1st Round Pick and conditional pick. ADV: Minnesota - Wild pick up a valuable piece to their rebuilding program and all it cost was a marginal NHL goaltender.
2. Toronto deals 2006 5th Round Pick and conditional 4th Round Pick to Columbus for Luke Richardson. ADV: Blue Jackets - They were able to dump some salary for a draft pick and lose nothing long term.
3. Islanders trade Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel to Los Angeles for Denis Grebeshkov and Jeff Tambellini. Even Trade - Kings add two quality experienced NHLers for two quality prospects. New York sends away some salary, improve their speed, and add to their crop of young players. Best trade by Mike Milbury in years.
4. Rangers send Ville Nieminen to San Jose for 2006 3rd Round Pick. ADV: New York - Rangers lose some grit to their roster but he wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t that important and adding a key draft pick could help in future deals.
5. Montreal trades Jose Theodore to Colorado for David Aebischer. ADV Colorado over the long-term if Theodore can regain his former Vezina/Hart Trophy form. Jose needed a change of scenery but for now, Montreal acquires a much needed goaltender to take over the duties from Cristobal Huet.
6. Toronto trades Ken Klee to New Jersey for prospect Alexander Suglobov. ADV Toronto - Leafs dump some salary and acquire a young player. What was Lou Lamoriello thinking? Did he forget about the old wasted guys like Malakhov and McGillis? The cap era is exposing the old GMs like Lou and vague Craig Patrick.