Latest rumor: Canucks trade Bertuzzi for Biron and a 1st

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Latest rumor: Canucks trade Bertuzzi for Biron and a 1st

Postby Hockeynut! on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:15 pm

Don't know if it's true or not, just sharing the rumor.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:11 pm

WOW I think that would really make Buffalo a serious Cup team, in fact they aleady are legit now that Breirre is healthy and playing well. They only thing they lack is some more scoring punch and toughness. Bertuzzi gives them alot of both and their other goalie is just as good as Biron.

I think it would really weaken Vancouver and tear at their team chemistry. Bertuzzi is a very good teammate despite his horid reputation. he is a solid all around player and an asset to any team. Biron is by no means a Stanley Cup goalie but a 1st rounder would eventually make the trade closer to even.

Buffalo wins here hands down but this rumor would shock me because Vancouver loves Bertuzzi as far as I know.
NIN

Postby Stevens25 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm

We'll see. I try top take all these rumors with a grain of salt. :?
Stevens25

Postby Bowser on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:46 pm

not only that but there seems to be an extreme amount of rumors tonight about a ton of players.

Yesterday, Recchi was all but going to Philadelphia for RJ Umberger and now the Flyers have reportedly decided against re-acquiring him.

Senators, Leafs, and Sabres are interested in Recchi with Ottawa as the lead candidate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Brooks Orpik is wearing a different Black-n-Gold by tomorrow's deadline.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:55 pm

Bowser wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Brooks Orpik is wearing a different Black-n-Gold by tomorrow's deadline.

That would really suck but it is possible they could get a decent return. It would have to be Francis-esque to win my praise.
NIN

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 am

I just hope we hold on to Malone. It is to early to give up on him yet.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:14 am

Jamie wrote:I just hope we hold on to Malone. It is to early to give up on him yet.

The same is true of Orpik.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:25 am

They better not deal Orpik!!!

I see Melichar heading to New York though. I heard they want a depth defenseman.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NPR