Lemieux gets a goal and two assists in win!

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Lemieux gets a goal and two assists in win!

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:36 pm

Mikael Lemieux that is!

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/commu ... 1773.0.php

Hey Peter... sounds like a team you could root for... The Quakers
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:58 am

QVC!

That's what we called them in Ambridge. Or that's what I called them anyways.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,886
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Postby Ginger on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:05 pm

I was thinking about that again this morning; that gene pool.

It's amazing how these traits follow down thru' family genes. It looks like maybe the Lemieuxs & Staals are going to join the Sutters & the Hulls in doing that too. No mean feat! The Staal brothers, with two already & another two in the wings...jeez!

The odds are so vast when you think about it. Some get to the minors but not much further. For more than one family member to get as far as the NHL tho' that's so amazing.

And some of the best ever to play the game too. Maurice & Henri Richard; Wayne Gretzky, Tony & Phil Esposito; & pre Brett, the brothers Hull...Bobby and Dennis. The Stastny brothers Marion, Peter & Anton; the Hossas...I'm sure I don't have to name everyone. Oh yeah! Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe, Mark Messier; they all had NHL brothers, although not of the same transcendent quality. Look at the Sedin twins today. Keith & Wayne Primeau today, Tyler Arnason & Ryan Malone were raised by NHL fathers today.

And while the legacy of hockey fathers & sons is impressive, look at the list of accomplished hockey brothers alone. Twenty-eight pairs have been NHL teammates, & five pairs, including the Sedins, were both drafted within the top five picks. That is incredible really! Scott & Rob Niedermeyer & (here; blow me away) playing for a Sutter, Calgary's Robin & Richie Regehr.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Somebody here is going to mention the Hanson brothers so I'll beat you to it...Image

Seriously, the young kids coming up today are from gene pools that have wowed us in the past & are going to do it for years to come I'm sure.

It's a good time to be a hockey fan, isn't it?
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,734
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Basically in my own little world

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:21 pm

Ginger wrote:I was thinking about that again this morning; that gene pool.

It's amazing how these traits follow down thru' family genes. It looks like maybe the Lemieuxs & Staals are going to join the Sutters & the Hulls in doing that too. No mean feat! The Staal brothers, with two already & another two in the wings...jeez!

The odds are so vast when you think about it. Some get to the minors but not much further. For more than one family member to get as far as the NHL tho' that's so amazing.

And some of the best ever to play the game too. Maurice & Henri Richard; Wayne Gretzky, Tony & Phil Esposito; & pre Brett, the brothers Hull...Bobby and Dennis. The Stastny brothers Marion, Peter & Anton; the Hossas...I'm sure I don't have to name everyone. Oh yeah! Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe, Mark Messier; they all had NHL brothers, although not of the same transcendent quality. Look at the Sedin twins today. Keith & Wayne Primeau today, Tyler Arnason & Ryan Malone were raised by NHL fathers today.

And while the legacy of hockey fathers & sons is impressive, look at the list of accomplished hockey brothers alone. Twenty-eight pairs have been NHL teammates, & five pairs, including the Sedins, were both drafted within the top five picks. That is incredible really! Scott & Rob Niedermeyer & (here; blow me away) playing for a Sutter, Calgary's Robin & Richie Regehr.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Somebody here is going to mention the Hanson brothers so I'll beat you to it...Image

Seriously, the young kids coming up today are from gene pools that have wowed us in the past & are going to do it for years to come I'm sure.

It's a good time to be a hockey fan, isn't it?


Don't forget the Plager Brothers Barclay and Bob :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:11 pm

Nice article on the Mikael Lemieux / QV performance

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cf ... 8614&rfi=6
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:26 pm

my senior year of highschool we I had a scrimmage game against QV and Lemeiux was playing for them, he was a sophomore then I beleive. Kid is unbeleivably good. QV has had a wide range of talent in that school over the past 4 years.
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 am
Location: hopewell,pa

Postby Ginger on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:52 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Nice article on the Mikael Lemieux / QV performance

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cf ... 8614&rfi=6


"They'll be skating behind me & say, "You're not as good."

Poor kid! He should fire right back that "At least I'm related so there's always a chance. There's not a chance in hell for you!"
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,734
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Basically in my own little world

Postby Ginger on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:14 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Don't forget the Plager Brothers Barclay and Bob :-)


And Bill Plager. I knew I was forgetting many of the lesser players, but I'm surprised I forgot these guys too, 'cuz they were Lynn Patricks brainstorm. Which brings us to the Patrick family too...

Seems I read somewhere after the making of Slapshot that the Hanson brothers were based loosely on the Plager brothers.

I've been scribbling notes to myself all day now thinking about others.
Pierre & Sylvain Turgeon, Frank & Peter Mahovlich & will you tell me how I ever could have forgotten Dale, Dave & Mark Hunter??? Maybe I've been trying to block them out?
Also Marcel Pronavost & his bro Jean.

There are a couple of brothers in the NHL right now too that I can't think of their names...can anybody help? They actually each have a different name & that's why I can't remember who they are.

Even our Wranglers have Marco Peluso, nephew of Mike Peluso & also have three brothers on the team, Jason, Mike & Chris McBain.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,734
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Basically in my own little world

Postby sj? on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 pm

I caught the end of the Boston College/Boston U game the other day & noticed an "Orpik" on the team.. Anyone know if he's related to Brooks ??
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,670
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:24 pm

sj? wrote:I caught the end of the Boston College/Boston U game the other day & noticed an "Orpik" on the team.. Anyone know if he's related to Brooks ??


His Brother. Nice catch.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:01 pm

Quaker Valley vs. Serra Catholic is on FSP now. Channel 29 on Comcast.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby dman66 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:06 pm

you guys forgot the richard's, maurice, the rocket, and henri, the pocket rocket

so when can we draft this kid anyway? :lol:
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,783
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD

Postby Ginger on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:06 am

you guys forgot the richard's, maurice, the rocket, and henri, the pocket rocket


Actually dman66, they were almost the first two I listed if you scroll back up. How could you forget those guys?
I kinda did forget the Patricks the first time around tho'...lol!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,734
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Basically in my own little world

Postby dman66 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am

Ginger wrote:
you guys forgot the richard's, maurice, the rocket, and henri, the pocket rocket


Actually dman66, they were almost the first two I listed if you scroll back up. How could you forget those guys?
I kinda did forget the Patricks the first time around tho'...lol!


hahahaha, missed that, hahaha
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,783
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD


Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail