Fantasy Hockey Results

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fantasy Hockey Results

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 pm

For anyone that wants to gamble, Hiller and Ellis are injured for the Ducks and the third guy is sure to available in all leagues.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:For anyone that wants to gamble, Hiller and Ellis are injured for the Ducks and the third guy is sure to available in all leagues.

I hate you so much right now. :slug:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 am

Gamble being the key word. Since the Ducks are the second worst team in the league and Tarkki stopped 7/10 shots....
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Marchand takes out 2 of my players at once- Salo on a dirty hit and himself with a likely suspension.

Jag.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm

PghSkins wrote:Marchand takes out 2 of my players at once- Salo on a dirty hit and himself with a likely suspension.

Jag.

5 games for the Nose Face Killah
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm

mikey287 wrote:Tough one, Jagr + Liles is win now. Now, depth. Marleau probably doesn't have Jagr's upside even at Jagr's advanced age. And Liles bolsters a defense that features Kurtis Foster (why isn't Carlson up over him? Unless I misunderstand).

You might have to forgive the minor future implications of this (I mean, you do get to keep Liles out of that) in exchange for two players that might end being better this year. You can make it up because you have good depth, as you say, later down the line. I'd probably be tempted to do that now due to my uneasiness with Marleau...I wouldn't be too terribly upset if I missed a chance to keep Patrick Marleau, to be honest...

Carlson is up for most of his games. Basically I have five roster spots on my team that are filled by farm eligible players. In those spots I am able to cycle those guys back and forth between farm and roster to maximize my games played. You'll be happy to know that I dropped Foster for Saku Koivu in a very important match up against the 1st place team this week ;)

I've held off on the deal because of the importance of this week and the fact that those two are still injured. If its still an option when they return from injury, I'm probably going to go for it.

Thanks. :thumb:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 pm

What is Henrique's long term value?

34 points in 39 games so far. 1 point be hind RNH, I think. Had he not been scoring at this pace, I'd think it's not good when Zajac is back to full health, but how can the Devils bump Henrique from the top line at this point?

I picked him up a couple weeks into the season in a keep 10 league.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 pm

The only thing I'll say about Henrique is that he's not really an elite talent, but he's shown a propensity to playing well with elite players which could make him valuable down the line. He plays with Parise and Kovalchuk in New Jersey and doesn't look out of place, he played with Taylor Hall on the Memorial Cup winning Windsor Spitfires team too and looked terrific (won the 99 Award I think too).
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Would you say he's a poor man's Backstrom? Obviously not as talented, but when put with the right players, has the 2+2=5 effect (if you know what I mean)?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 am

I'm close to dealing Crosby in the league that I care most about.

I have a real chance of winning the championship this season, and I think I can help set up my team more long-term as well.

I would receive Pavel Datsyuk for the remainder of this season, Ryan Getzlaf for three years, Mikka Kiprusoff for the remainder of this season, and a 4th round pick in next year's draft, which is a very stacked draft. A deal I would have never considered last season pre-concussion, or probably even in the midst of when Sid was playing. But, right now, I think its great value. Getzlaf is a top 10 player in this league format the prior two seasons and presents a great buy low. Crosby is signed to the same lenth of contract as Getzlaf, so would be had for the next three years. As would be the case with Sid, Getzlaf can be re-signed by me at the end of that three years (will be the single re-sign I have between now and the end of the 2014 season).

Thoughts?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 am

I will likely then trade Price (on an expiring contract) along with one of my two re-signs I currently have (we get one every other season) in a large package.

Price (1 but + re-sign = 6 years probably), Berglund (3 yrs), Frolik (3 yrs), EJ (3 yrs)
for
Spezza (3 yrs), Iginla (2 yrs), Enstrom (2 yrs), Mike Smith (2 yrs), Yevgeni Kuznetsov (entry level)

Frolik I have to get rid of -- we only have 12 buyout years in a season, and I am down to 4. Berglund has disappointed, and Spezza presents an obvious upgrade. Dittio for Enstrom over EJ. Smith is outpointing Price currently, and I just don't like this year's Habs team.

My team would be (start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 1 Util, 4 D, 2 G):

Datsyuk
Getzlaf
Spezza
Parise
Lucic
Moulson
Morrow
Dubinsky
St. Louis
Eriksson
Wheeler
Iginla
Brown
Karlsson
Keith
Enstrom
Kronwall
MAF
Smith
Kipper

Its a points league and hits are significant, hence the value of Dubinsky, Morrow, Brown, etc.

Its a $100 league, so, it pays to go for the win.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Just pulled another trade.

Gave: Olli Jokinen and Tomas Plekanac
Got: Zdeno Chara

Then I plucked Justin Williams off waivers.

Forwards: Malkin, Ovechkin, Gaborik, Lupul, Krejci, Horton, Wheeler, M. Koivu,
Defense: Chara, Mike Green, Byfuglien, Enstrom, John Carlson, Ian White, Christian Erhoff(IR)
Goalies: Thomas, Ward, Gustavsson

I just wish I could add a legit 2nd goalie. Ward has been terrible this year.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Mike Green is IR too, right?

I don't know if you needed Chara, but with rosters that small, looks like it's no big deal.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby npv708 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm

bhaw wrote:Mike Green is IR too, right?

I don't know if you needed Chara, but with rosters that small, looks like it's no big deal.

Green, Byfuglien, and Erhoff are all on IR/or injured. I needed defensive scoring.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:24 pm

James Neal = PghSkins killah.

I'm gonna need a miracle.

2 PPG, +2, 6 shots, 10 PIM...
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:21 am

Here's whats stupid. Both Nabokov and Bryz got shutout stats for their game last night on yahoo. The game was 0-0 and ended in the shootout. Now while the shootout isn't an official goal blah blah, Bryz shouldn't get a shutout stat IMO. I can accept the zero GAA and 100 sv% but not the shutout cause he lost.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 am

I'm okay with the double shutout. I shutout is not a win, so, I have no problem with it.

A guy in one of my leagues had both Nabokov and Bryzgalov in his lineup last night. He's sitting pretty for this week.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Kraftster wrote:I'm okay with the double shutout. I shutout is not a win, so, I have no problem with it.

A guy in one of my leagues had both Nabokov and Bryzgalov in his lineup last night. He's sitting pretty for this week.

I have both. Forgot to check LWL in the morning, benched Bryzy for Halak. :face:
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby npv708 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Why is it that half of my team have only played 2 games this week? wtf NHL?

My goalies Thomas, Ward, and Gustavsson have a combined 4 starts this week. All losses, too.

So not only is my team not playing a lot this week, they decided to suck as well.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

my league has a restriction on how many centers you can have. I had 5 (which was the cut-off) and then they changed jeff skinner to a center, so i have 6 now. i can't make any free agent pick-ups or drops until i resolve my number of centers issue so i'm trying to trade away to get a crappy center that i can drop, because all of mine are at or near 100% owned.

here are 2 trades that i have on the table at the moment, just wondering if they sound reasonable?

asking for Dubinsky and Bryzgolav for Weiss and Corvo

also asking (different team)

Suter, Zubrus, and Lehtonen for Weiss, Kane and Corvo

i need a goalie, plus need to get rid of a center and Weiss seems (to me) to be the most over performing center i have.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Kraftster on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 pm

E. Kane, I assume?

I probably like the Bryz deal better but I'd likely take the other one too as long as its E. Kane and not a keeper.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 am

My LGP Keeper team went nuts this week. 9-0-1 vs Malkamaniac who was ahead of me in our division. So I just took 19/20 points on him. I think this puts me 2nd in the entire league... 1 point behind the Kraftman, if my on the fly math skills serve me right.

Suck it Malk! :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 am

bhaw wrote:My LGP Keeper team went nuts this week. 9-0-1 vs Malkamaniac who was ahead of me in our division. So I just took 19/20 points on him. I think this puts me 2nd in the entire league... 1 point behind the Kraftman, if my on the fly math skills serve me right.

Suck it Malk! :lol:

That's what I came up with. Finally took the #1 spot. I think I have the easiest schedule left of the playoff teams. Should be pretty interesting. I definitely would like to nail down a bye.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 am

Started off pretty bad in both my leagues considering I had Roloson. One league I made a trade that brought me Niemi and climbed climbed climbed all the way to 3rd, I've been doing very average as of late though but still in the playoffs. Other league I made a trade that brought me Reimer :face: and I've been forced to carry 4 goalies (Miller, Nabokov, Reimer, Gustavson) But all together I've been getting solid numbers from them and Miller seems to be FINALLY coming around. But I've just this week moved into a playoff spot from literally being in last. Charging on, gotta win the cash.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 am

Kraftster wrote:E. Kane, I assume?

I probably like the Bryz deal better but I'd likely take the other one too as long as its E. Kane and not a keeper.

no, patrick kane... gets me a great defender and a solid goalie which i really need. i have plenty of offensive firepower and wouldn't think twice about dealing kane.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

PreviousNext

Return to NPR