Fantasy Hockey Results

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fantasy Hockey Results

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:58 am

and these are all offers that i've extended to others, i'm just asking if you were on the other side of the trade, would they seem reasonable?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Started off pretty bad in both my leagues considering I had Roloson. One league I made a trade that brought me Niemi and climbed climbed climbed all the way to 3rd, I've been doing very average as of late though but still in the playoffs. Other league I made a trade that brought me Reimer :face: and I've been forced to carry 4 goalies (Miller, Nabokov, Reimer, Gustavson) But all together I've been getting solid numbers from them and Miller seems to be FINALLY coming around. But I've just this week moved into a playoff spot from literally being in last. Charging on, gotta win the cash.

No idea how I'm in 3rd still after last week.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah wow, playoffs are gettin close.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 am

count2infinity wrote:my league has a restriction on how many centers you can have. I had 5 (which was the cut-off) and then they changed jeff skinner to a center, so i have 6 now. i can't make any free agent pick-ups or drops until i resolve my number of centers issue so i'm trying to trade away to get a crappy center that i can drop, because all of mine are at or near 100% owned.

here are 2 trades that i have on the table at the moment, just wondering if they sound reasonable?

asking for Dubinsky and Bryzgolav for Weiss and Corvo

also asking (different team)

Suter, Zubrus, and Lehtonen for Weiss, Kane and Corvo

i need a goalie, plus need to get rid of a center and Weiss seems (to me) to be the most over performing center i have.

I would never take the first proposal. Assuming its more than an 8 team league, starting goalies on playoff teams are just way too valuable. Frankly, I don't even know how Corvo is worth a roster spot. I owned him in another league ealrier this year. He's playing pretty bad and getting very little ice time. Weiss has been very cold since that line started the year on fire. If PIMs (or even more so if hits) are counted, Dubinsky is probably not too far off in value from Weiss.

The second trade is much more reasonable with Pat Kane in the mix - I still think he makes a decent buy low even in one year leagues. Suter is a nice gamble because he could get dealt and would likely have even more value. Lehtonen starter on a non-playoff team. Could see the second one being accepted but not the first.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:54 pm

yeah...first proposal is bad, second proposal got turned down because of lehtonen. i think i might try to get a middle of the road goalie rather than a big name starter.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:59 pm

well... asked for dubinsky and bryzgolav again, but offered kopitar and corvo this time.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Better make sure you have Bryz's handcuff, also typically if you're trying to get a goalie you gotta send one back even if it's one that's not as good.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Rinne earlier in the year for Iginla (my second round pick and his 3rd round pick). We'll see.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm

count2infinity wrote:Rinne earlier in the year for Iginla (my second round pick and his 3rd round pick). We'll see.

Do you play for money and if so I want in next year.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:53 pm

lol...no, we don't. it was very very early in the year, and the guy i traded with isn't real smart.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Ryan Miller you tease! It's bad when the Leafs goalie tandem and Nabokov are more reliable than you.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PghSkins on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Bad string of goalies having excellent weeks against me. 3 straight weeks of GAAs sub 2.0. McDonald pitching a shutout in the 3rd and Kipper up 2-0 early tonight. Frustrating.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Ever since I traded for E. Staal in my one league he has been ON FIRE, I love it when things go well.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Not cool hockey game tonight.

Was watching Lost, saw score of Caps-Canes game, upset because I have Green and Ovie, knew they didn't do anything by the score, but then I also have Ward, so I was all happy. Stupid peters.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm making a run in my league (actually it's with some of you guys too). Went from second to last place to just a couple point of points out of a playoff spot in the last month. Although Vokoun didn't do me any favors with his 23 GAA tonight...
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Can I just say that I have not been this pissed off about fantasy hockey in a long time?

I opted for Mike Smith vs. LA tonight (obvious choice) and Kipper vs. Edmonton, while sitting MAF vs. the #1 EC team.

I also had Datsyuk in the line up over Martin Hanzal originally because Hanzal was listed as injured. Now Dats is injured and I did not bother to put one injured player in for another, and Hanzal's two assists are on my bench right now.

And I am playing the most significant match up of my season this week. #1 vs. #2. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: Oh. Good. 4 goals for LA and Edmonton both now.

Edit: Oh, awesome. 5 goals for Edmonton.

Edit: Even awesomer. 3 assists for Hanzal....................................................
Last edited by Kraftster on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Having a tenous-at-best hold on the last playoff spot and fading fast, I opted to start making moves for next year. I picked up Henrique, Kadri, and a 3rd rounder for Parenteau, Tanguay and Briere. We have 4 "rookie" keeper spots for guys w/ less than 120 games played, so both guys will fit in there. Also allows me to keep Nick Leddy in one of my 10 regular keeper slots. All for 3 guys I likely wasn't going to keep anyhow.

I can't figure out how I lasted this long with Mason, Bobrovsky, and Nabokov in goal. Ugh.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 am

Niemi is picking a really bad time to start crapping the bed. Thanks Mr. **** YOU!
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 am

Jeff Carter even with being out as much as he has been, is still a very solid scorer(when he wants to be).
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 am

Feeling pretty good about giving up Ryan for Geno last year :D
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 pm

The Pens fan in me loves that MAF and Engelland are responsible for taking Downie out. The fantasy hockey side of me is pissed b/c that's 2 teams where I just lost his services going into the home stretch and playoffs.

:face:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Man probably gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point in my 2nd pay league. Curse you Ryan Miller. You were supposed to be my rock.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Man probably gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point in my 2nd pay league. Curse you Ryan Miller. You were supposed to be my rock.

He was... he sunk you pretty well.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Man probably gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point in my 2nd pay league. Curse you Ryan Miller. You were supposed to be my rock.

Yet somehow, you'll probably pass me next week in our league, even though you have the goalie combo of Nabakov, Niemi, and Luongo.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 pm

npv708 wrote:

Yet somehow, you'll probably pass me next week in our league, even though you have the goalie combo of Nabakov, Niemi, and Luongo.

Oh yeah nevermind on the missing the playoffs in my other league quite yet. I thought the playoffs started tomorrow. I'm obviously gunning for a bye week. And what's wrong with Luo, Niemi, and Nabby <----- Been playing great btw.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NPR