Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Tomas on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 am

If you were a visitor in Pens locker room in the 90's, you might have ran into the short gentleman who was there pretty much after every game:

Image

Image

His name is Lubomir "Cuzak" Rys, and for 15 years, he worked as Jagr's "personal assistant/secretary." Jagr talked about him in some of the interviews (http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=3 , http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=46 )

As of today, Mr. Rys, together with his wife, is in a police custody. They are accused to be a part of a group that was involved in quite a large tax-evasion scheme (about $14 million). According to this article (https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text= ) it does not look like Mr. Rys was the mastermind behind the operations. But the article suggests Mr. Rys' involvement may be tied to HC Kladno - the hockey club owned by Jaromir Jagr (and managed by Jagr's father). HC Kladno has already officially disassociated itself from Mr. Rys....
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,385
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lesky on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Puck Daddy
A 43rd birthday card to the legendary Jaromir Jagr


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 56626.html
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,953
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 pm

I still want him back in Pittsburgh I don't care lol.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,109
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Jagr to Floria


allofmywat.jpg
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,292
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: I say stupid things. You have been warned

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby canaan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Jaromir Jagr, 1992 wrote:If they don't want to sign me, they don't need me. I don't consider Pittsburgh my team any more. I love the fans; Pittsburgh has great people. But if they have no money, trade me. I want to be traded where there's beaches. I have two Stanley Cup rings. I don't need more rings. I just need money and beaches and girls.


Article link: http://www.si.com/vault/1992/10/12/1273 ... cholovakia
Last edited by canaan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,700
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am
Location: Nevin Shapiro A&M

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Jagr trade was for a 2nd in this year's draft and a conditional third in next year's draft.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:02 pm

So Jags is on his 8th NHL team.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,356
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby columbia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Image
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,889
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: دعنا نذهب طيور البطريق

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby relantel on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 pm

well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,817
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:55 pm

relantel wrote:well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.


Absolutely, but it's still so Jagr-to-Dallassy. Bleh. I guess he'll be good for the yutes.

The idea of him coming home and sailing off down the Ohio into retirement grew on me day by day.

Sorry, Lesky. :cry:

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Jaromir Jagr has been in the NHL longer than the Florida Panthers.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,626
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: "Enough is enough!" - Mike Sullivan

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby dodint on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

And that's even subtracting his KHL years. In fact, he hasn't won a cup since the Panthers joined the NHL. :wink:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,615
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 am
Location: Sparta, WI

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
relantel wrote:well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.


Absolutely, but it's still so Jagr-to-Dallassy. Bleh. I guess he'll be good for the yutes.

The idea of him coming home and sailing off down the Ohio into retirement grew on me day by day.

Sorry, Lesky. :cry:

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Jaromir Jagr has been in the NHL longer than the Florida Panthers.


Did you say 'yutes'? What is a 'yute'?

Spoiler:
:lol:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,949
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

I also wonder if GMJR ever had any serious discussions with Lamoriello about JJ, given the Pens' cap constraints. It would have been a storybook ending to an incredible career if he could have come back to the Pens and helped them win a Cup, but such is life.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,879
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
relantel wrote:well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.


Absolutely, but it's still so Jagr-to-Dallassy. Bleh. I guess he'll be good for the yutes.

The idea of him coming home and sailing off down the Ohio into retirement grew on me day by day.

Sorry, Lesky. :cry:

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Jaromir Jagr has been in the NHL longer than the Florida Panthers.


Did you say 'yutes'? What is a 'yute'?

Spoiler:
:lol:


That scene in My Cousin Vinny still cracks me up. :thumb:
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,626
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: "Enough is enough!" - Mike Sullivan

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Tico Rick wrote:I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

I also wonder if GMJR ever had any serious discussions with Lamoriello about JJ, given the Pens' cap constraints. It would have been a storybook ending to an incredible career if he could have come back to the Pens and helped them win a Cup, but such is life.


Its funny... I've heard this both ways. Those two picks are worth more than anything Jagr could do, and Lou could have landed a top prospect for 68.

Devils draft really well. Remains to be seen what they got for Jagr.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,949
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Tico Rick wrote:I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

I also wonder if GMJR ever had any serious discussions with Lamoriello about JJ, given the Pens' cap constraints. It would have been a storybook ending to an incredible career if he could have come back to the Pens and helped them win a Cup, but such is life.



From the NHL.com article today, it appears that Lou and Jags never talked about a trade. Sounds like even if Jags were to have said, "Hey, call the Pens," Lou wouldn't have gone for allowing Jags to hamstring him--a luxury that Craig Patrick didn't have all those many years ago...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7553 ... l:topheads

Lou Lamoriello: "Jaromir never came to me, we never had a discussion about a trade, never had a discussion about where, when, how, why," Lamoriello said. "[That's] not something we feel is the way you should operate with players as far as you have to think about what's best for the organization; players understand that. ... I think Jaromir understands that."
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,626
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: "Enough is enough!" - Mike Sullivan

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Pitt87 wrote:Devils draft really well. Remains to be seen what they got for Jagr.

That's a really good point.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,879
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lesky on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 am

TOMAS, can you translate this article? Would be great!

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... vyzva.html
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,953
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:26 am

Jagr did not ask to Florida: We are like goods. But it's a challenge

Yesterday at four o'clock in the afternoon US time called him general manager Lou Lamoriello: Are you going to Florida! "It's not easy to pick, pack everything up and go play without training two weekend matches in two days. But we in the NHL as a commodity, nothing can be done, "says 43 year old female attacker in an interview for the newspaper Sport. Forward it to him Devils boss did not consult.

How does it go? "Within thirty in the afternoon, I was at the stadium, because I looked at the phone on how to play Kladno. Ended extension, oblíknul and I went home. I jumped to buy and at four o'clock he calls me Lou Lamoriello and says: We did exchange, you're going to Florida. And it was. It's that simple ... "Smiling describes an event that late in the evening time Czech disturbing events overseas.

When the Czech legend transitioning from Dallas to Boston two years ago, the club with him ahead consulted. And he cried and representatives Stars. This time, nothing like that. Ahead of interest in Florida knew. She stood by him vehementě already after the end of last season. At that moment, but he had no reason to leave the Devils, so with a club in Newark agreed to a new contract. "There was no reason for me to go away," said Jagr. But the great concern of Florida knew a long time. But currently in connection with TREJD not had a chance to influence. Forward nobody from Panthers currently contacted in advance. "Nothing. Even the least, "he said. Himself while thinking it will have room to choose. Or react in any way. "I myself thought that this would happen, that will give me a chance to choose. I counted with it. But on the other hand, it is not easy, because those teams that you can afford, really not much. As I walked up and said: Hey, come to replace me there ... The club must have an interest, which could possibly be affected by the fact that I recently played too much, so I failed. And then especially the team must have the financial reserves under the ceiling. Which also has a lot of them, "Jagr calculated.




Today the team will still practice. And now the weekend ahead of him two games. Both afternoon, misses therefore no skate with Florida. A straight into the action!
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,478
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lesky on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 am

Cats wont make the playoffs, so Jagr will stay put at 199 playoff points. Crap.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,953
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Crankshaft wrote:Jagr did not ask to Florida: We are like goods. But it's a challenge

Yesterday at four o'clock in the afternoon US time called him general manager Lou Lamoriello: Are you going to Florida! "It's not easy to pick, pack everything up and go play without training two weekend matches in two days. But we in the NHL as a commodity, nothing can be done, "says 43 year old female attacker in an interview for the newspaper Sport. Forward it to him Devils boss did not consult.

So Jaromir had a sex change? Or he attacks females?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,879
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Lesky on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Image

They will need to buy a cats jersey now :D
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,953
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby newarenanow on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Penguins - 11 seasons
Caps - 2 1/2 seasons
Rags - 3 1/2 seasons
Flyers - 1 season
Stars - 1/2 season
Bruins - 1/2 season
Devils - 1 1/2 seasons
Panthers - 1/2 season

That's all of his seasons with his respective teams (give or take, 1/2 seasons means traded, could only be a few weeks, but who cares).

If you add them all up, still doesn't equal the time with the Pens. That's pretty amazing.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,356
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby newarenanow on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 pm

That's a great pic Lesky.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,356
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Jagr to BOS

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:17 pm

newarenanow wrote:Penguins - 11 seasons
Caps - 2 1/2 seasons
Rags - 3 1/2 seasons
Flyers - 1 season
Stars - 1/2 season
Bruins - 1/2 season
Devils - 1 1/2 seasons
Panthers - 1/2 season

That's all of his seasons with his respective teams (give or take, 1/2 seasons means traded, could only be a few weeks, but who cares).

If you add them all up, still doesn't equal the time with the Pens. That's pretty amazing.


I wonder if, when all is said and done, he'll be one of those athletes who signs a one-day contract with the Pens so he can retire with them as his team.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,879
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail