McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:02 pm

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/11 ... roit/8785/

Image

Adrian Dater wrote:So I get into Detroit today at about 3 o’clock, and decide to take a drive to American Jewelry and Loan, the setting of the reality show “Hardcore Pawn” on TruTv. I’m a sucker for that show and others involving sales haggling, like “Pawn Stars” and “Storage Wars”, etc.
I was hoping the people I recognized from the show would be there, and I got that, and a whole lot more. Would you believe I also ran into former Detroit Red Wing Darren McCarty? It’s true – he works there now.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,350
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am

He looks like the type too.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,509
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby columbia on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:36 am

I guess he didn't hire financial planner, while he was playing.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,410
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 am

columbia wrote:I guess he didn't hire financial planner, while he was playing.


Seriously.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,043
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 pm

McCarty needs to buy a guitar and move to Seattle.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby JS© on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:39 pm

pugilist13 wrote:McCarty needs to buy a guitar and move to Seattle.


He's already in a band and I'll assume he still owns a guitar.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 pm

JS© wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:McCarty needs to buy a guitar and move to Seattle.


He's already in a band and I'll assume he still owns a guitar.

Unless he pawned it.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby JS© on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 am

pugilist13 wrote:
JS© wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:McCarty needs to buy a guitar and move to Seattle.


He's already in a band and I'll assume he still owns a guitar.

Unless he pawned it.

maybe he can borrow it from the shops on off-nights.

an old article about the band, which I didn't know was mainly a fundraiser for the '97 limo accident.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147609 ... ovin.jhtml
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby KG on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:20 am

That's nuts...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby Spangler on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:12 am

NHL 2k6 and 2k7 featured a couple of his band's songs. He's not a good singer, but I actually liked some of the songs he made.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,389
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:31 am
Location: www.reviewjunkies.com

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby pugilist13 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:40 pm

JS© wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:
JS© wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:McCarty needs to buy a guitar and move to Seattle.


He's already in a band and I'll assume he still owns a guitar.

Unless he pawned it.

maybe he can borrow it from the shops on off-nights.

an old article about the band, which I didn't know was mainly a fundraiser for the '97 limo accident.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147609 ... ovin.jhtml

Thanks for posting this JS. I have a new found respect for Mac. Iggy and the Stooges, and The Damned....Some classic alternative/punk!
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby viva la ben on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

He was on last night's episode of Hardcore Pawn. It looks like he's there because he needs the money.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,570
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: McCarty now working in a pawn shop

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

Spangler wrote:NHL 2k6 and 2k7 featured a couple of his band's songs. He's not a good singer, but I actually liked some of the songs he made.


Holy **** they were in MLB 2K5 as well
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,540
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!


Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail