You stay classy Philly.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

You stay classy Philly.

Postby ILikeTurtles on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I think Hartnell put on a Giroux jersey, and probably his jock and went and fought a NYR fan for no reason.
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1/4/2682057/philadelphia-flyers-fan-fight-rangers-winter-classic-genos-steaks
Video is embedded in the link.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: You stay classy Philly.

Postby columbia on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:43 pm

In before shad says that the cheese steaks in Italy are better than Pat's and Geno's.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I've been to my share of games in Philly, can't say I'm surprised.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm

columbia wrote:In before shad says that the cheese steaks in Italy are better than Pat's and Geno's.

Lol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

canaan wrote:
columbia wrote:In before shad says that the cheese steaks in Italy are better than Pat's and Geno's.

Lol

You lived in Philly, right?
I had a hoagie at Sarcone's last week........mmmmmmmmmm.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

BroadStreetHockey caught the guy because he commented on one of their Facebook posts.

No joke.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

MRandall25 wrote:BroadStreetHockey caught the guy because he commented on one of their Facebook posts.

No joke.

Just read it. That's awesome to say the least. Hopefully that guy gets all that's comin to him.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ILikeTurtles on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:BroadStreetHockey caught the guy because he commented on one of their Facebook posts.

No joke.

Just read it. That's awesome to say the least. Hopefully that guy gets all that's comin to him.

That is like the holligan in the Pittsburgh area that posted pictures of all the stolen money on his facebook.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

ILikeTurtles wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

No joke.

That is like the holligan in the Pittsburgh area that posted pictures of all the stolen money on his facebook.

They didn't put someone in the hospital though.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cma3585 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 pm

BSH are on this...there's more. Epic.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1 ... er-classic
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 am

I like how he's talking tough...and then backtracks, but still talks tough.

When the Philly police come knocking on his door he'll probably cry and pee his pants.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penmyst on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:21 am

You know, that is not all that surprising when I think of the typical Philly fanbase.

Seriously. People worry that Big Brother is watching every move they make... and don't even realize

A. The government doesn't have enough people above an IQ of 80 to organize such surveillance. If they weren't so stupid, they'd have real jobs in the real world.

B. Why spend government money to spy when most people are more than willing to divulge the most intimate information about their lives/activity on facebook/twitter and other social medium? They practically spy on themselves FOR you.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RJW76 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:49 am

I have my doubts (based on nothing, really) that this idiot actually did it. I don't have much insight into law enforcement, but will this be good enough for the cops to go ahead and arrest and eventually convict this kid? Is this essentially a confession in the eyes of the law? I imagine they might still need witnesses, but I a few people just said "yeah it was these idiots, I was there, etc." then these clowns are screwed. Of it truly was them, then they win Dumbest Criminals For Eternity. But if it really wasn't, then everybody is satisfied (and their brazen stupidity gets zero sympathy from me), but the real problem is that two or three REAL criminals go absolutely free because of some turd on Facebook who thinks he's just hilarious for acting tough and using slurs.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 am

I wish I was surprised or shocked but sadly I'm not.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 am

mac5155 wrote:I wish I was surprised or shocked but sadly I'm not.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am

i haven't listened to much sports radio here in philly this week, but i'm sure it's getting peppered with callers claiming, "it's not representative of the whole! we aren't any different from other cities! we're just passionate fans!"

when stuff like this happens, i don't really associate it with the sports teams. the guy puking on the little kid...the fights that happen...snowballs at santa clause. i wouldn't say that philly "fans" are bad people. i'd say that philly "residents" are bad people.

...of course it's not EVERYONE that lives in philly, just a large population of the people outside center city are really angry and really full of hate. i've lived all up and down the east coast, and philly absolutely is different from other cities as far as the concentration of dirty scumbags goes. it's getting tiresome to hear the city defend itself. i guess it's not fair to judge based on just a few incidents that you see on the internet or on sportscenter or whatever. but if you live here, and you haven't been drinking the philly kool aid like all the locals do, you know the deal.

with that said, i like the city itself, and i like living near it. i just hate the locals.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:46 pm

penmyst wrote:You know, that is not all that surprising when I think of the typical Philly fanbase.

Seriously. People worry that Big Brother is watching every move they make... and don't even realize

A. The government doesn't have enough people above an IQ of 80 to organize such surveillance. If they weren't so stupid, they'd have real jobs in the real world.

B. Why spend government money to spy when most people are more than willing to divulge the most intimate information about their lives/activity on facebook/twitter and other social medium? They practically spy on themselves FOR you.

Not suprising at all: Image

Also, how funny is it that he not only admitted to beating someone up on video while knowing that BSB was looking for him to report him to the police, but he names ALL HIS FRIENDS involved. Awesome.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Pops16 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:42 pm

The cop they beat up was also a military veteran who earned himself a Purple Heart.

Not only are they cop beaters, they picked on a veteran.

They should be shot.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:29 pm

What makes this different than any other game where fans were assaulted? That the "fan" ratted himself and three friends out? That more than a few people caught it on video with cell phones? That the victim is a police officer and an Iraq War veteran? This type of **** has been going on for DECADES, and now it's finally being taken seriously instead of it being "oh, it's just Philly being Philly."

I appreciate what Broad Street Hockey is doing and I'm glad he stepped up and told people to find this guy. I'm probably sounding like a jerk for saying this, but what's the difference between now and any other time over the last 20-30 years, or possibly longer? There was a girl who was assaulted when the Pens played down there last month. Flyers fans weren't exactly coming to her defense.

I won't even get into the stuff that has happened at Eagles games.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pops16 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

JS© wrote:What makes this different than any other game where fans were assaulted? That the "fan" ratted himself and three friends out? That more than a few people caught it on video with cell phones? That the victim is a police officer and an Iraq War veteran? This type of **** has been going on for DECADES, and now it's finally being taken seriously instead of it being "oh, it's just Philly being Philly."

I think maybe because they REALLY embarassed themelves on a national stage. The media eats it up. Though I agree, nothing much new here.
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:03 pm

JS© wrote: but what's the difference between now and any other time over the last 20-30 years, or possibly longer?

The interwebz.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

My goal is to try to get to as many ballparks/arenas/stadiums/ etc as possible in the major sports and college FB. I love road trips. But to be honest, when I go to Philly, I'd probably go to see a neutral game that I have no rooting interest in just so I can live to tell about it.

I've been to Citizens Bank Ballpark, but it was like the Phillies against the Mets or something like that.

I know there are a holes in every city, but honestly, Philly takes it to a different level.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

cma3585 wrote:BSH are on this...there's more. Epic.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1 ... er-classic

I love it when idiots go on and brag about their crimes and then get caught.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Next

Return to NPR