You stay classy Philly.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: You stay classy Philly.

Postby jprolley on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:07 pm

newarenanow wrote:My goal is to try to get to as many ballparks/arenas/stadiums/ etc as possible in the major sports and college FB. I love road trips. But to be honest, when I go to Philly, I'd probably go to see a neutral game that I have no rooting interest in just so I can live to tell about it.

I've been to Citizens Bank Ballpark, but it was like the Phillies against the Mets or something like that.

I know there are a holes in every city, but honestly, Philly takes it to a different level.

not to mention they wear that whole "most intimidating fans" title as a badge of honor then cry about the negative image they have because of it.
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm

jprolley wrote:
newarenanow wrote:My goal is to try to get to as many ballparks/arenas/stadiums/ etc as possible in the major sports and college FB. I love road trips. But to be honest, when I go to Philly, I'd probably go to see a neutral game that I have no rooting interest in just so I can live to tell about it.

I've been to Citizens Bank Ballpark, but it was like the Phillies against the Mets or something like that.

I know there are a holes in every city, but honestly, Philly takes it to a different level.

not to mention they wear that whole "most intimidating fans" title as a badge of honor then cry about the negative image they have because of it.

I use to read on flyersphans.com messageboard and some guys always talk about how they beat up some oppossing fans, or threw crap at their car, or pissed on someone in the bathroom, etc, etc and they'd get a ton of congrats for chasing people out of their territory etc. It's a damn sporting event.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm

newarenanow wrote:I use to read on flyersphans.com messageboard and some guys always talk about how they beat up some oppossing fans, or threw crap at their car, or pissed on someone in the bathroom, etc, etc and they'd get a ton of congrats for chasing people out of their territory etc. It's a damn sporting event.

Thats some good quality people right there, I'm sure most are doctors and scientists :roll:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Wrangler98 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 pm

One of the victims is an Iraq War Veteran with a purple heart. This is the worst move by Flyers or Philly fans ever IMO.
Wrangler98
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:35 am

First arrest made:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/philly_pd_arrests_man_for_rangers_k5ckkUMCG4bi7OgAINX27N?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

The Rangers are also giving the victim a VIP treatment night at a game at MSG. What this is a reminder of is that no matter how tough you are (this guy was a Purple Heart recipient and a Marine) there are situations that you cannot control.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Kudos to the Rangers organization for doing that....
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 pm

The Snapshot wrote:First arrest made:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/philly_pd_arrests_man_for_rangers_k5ckkUMCG4bi7OgAINX27N?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

The Rangers are also giving the victim a VIP treatment night at a game at MSG. What this is a reminder of is that no matter how tough you are (this guy was a Purple Heart recipient and a Marine) there are situations that you cannot control.

Read today this guys bail was quadrupled.

Glad they arrested him. Hopefully he spends some time behind bars.

There is no reason for the violence.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 pm

newarenanow wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:First arrest made:

Read today this guys bail was quadrupled.

Glad they arrested him. Hopefully he spends some time behind bars.

There is no reason for the violence.

The attackers are closeted Sociopaths that believe there are scenarios where they are immune to the law. Guess they were wrong.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

some 23 year old guy was randomly beaten to death last week at a spot in philly where i've been a zillion times. really disturbing.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NPR