Did anyone see PK in the Habs/Bruins game?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Did anyone see PK in the Habs/Bruins game?

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 pm

guiner wrote:that check wasn't even a penalty, let alone an elbow. his arms are by his side and its a clean hit and he raises his arms up after Krejci is bouncing back off him. It appears to be an elbow (as a lot of these sometimes do) and Ference is good for sticking up for teammate.

Not sure if serious......

The principle point of contact was the jaw with the forearm. Watch it again in slow motion. Subban's body barely touches Krejci because he jumps into the hit leading with his elbow/forearm. Look at 1:06 of the video above and tell me where Subban makes contact? There is almost ZERO body involved.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Staggy on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I still can't believe there is no mention of this anywhere.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:08 pm

He apparently had a talk with Shanny, but nothing
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:06 pm

"Are you sorry?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Ok, well give me a hug and go back out to play."
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Bruins said they aren't going to pursue the matter. It's over as far as they're concerned. So I guess the Boston Police won't have to be involved... :wink:

If I'm Subban, my head is on a swivel the next time I play Boston. He will get his payback.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:26 pm

At this point, I really can't help but think the league is protecting Subban. To be more specific, they are protecting Subban's reputation to the watching audience. There have been several incidents of racism directed at black players (especially recently, Wayne Simmonds comes to mind). With Subban's well-documented transgressions, and the complete lack of discipline that has followed them, I can't help but wonder if that's a motivating factor.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:27 pm

You're not the only one who has thought that.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:39 pm

guiner wrote:A) I don't like Subban
B) I think he was a real wimp for turtling there...

but...
that check wasn't even a penalty, let alone an elbow. his arms are by his side and its a clean hit and he raises his arms up after Krejci is bouncing back off him. It appears to be an elbow (as a lot of these sometimes do) and Ference is good for sticking up for teammate.

Subban is a tool for giggling afterwards, he looked like an idiot for turtling and doing that.

lol.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:16 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:At this point, I really can't help but think the league is protecting Subban. To be more specific, they are protecting Subban's reputation to the watching audience. There have been several incidents of racism directed at black players (especially recently, Wayne Simmonds comes to mind). With Subban's well-documented transgressions, and the complete lack of discipline that has followed them, I can't help but wonder if that's a motivating factor.

I said, after the first game against MTL, that I think they're afraid to discipline Subban because he's black. I don't know if it's a PR move by the NHL, or the refs just being intimidated, but he has gotten away with crap no white player would get away with...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penmyst on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:At this point, I really can't help but think the league is protecting Subban. To be more specific, they are protecting Subban's reputation to the watching audience. There have been several incidents of racism directed at black players (especially recently, Wayne Simmonds comes to mind). With Subban's well-documented transgressions, and the complete lack of discipline that has followed them, I can't help but wonder if that's a motivating factor.

You don't have to wonder. It's an almost certainty.

Racism is alive and well in society. Except today, it's special treatment for blacks instead of whites.

Just remove Subbans name/face and insert Sean Avery's name/face. There would be fury about him getting away with clown antics.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TPW on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 am

James Harrison said as soon as he learns how to skate he'll protect Sid. Sounds like a win-win. Finally a league where they won't do a single thing about him illegally hitting people!
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am

TPW wrote:James Harrison said as soon as he learns how to skate he'll protect Sid. Sounds like a win-win. Finally a league where they won't do a single thing about him illegally hitting people!

No, they'd suspended him because he plays for the Pens :pop:

This also brings to mind: Besides the Pacioretty hit, has ANY Montreal player been suspended for an illegal hit?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

MRandall25 wrote:
TPW wrote:James Harrison said as soon as he learns how to skate he'll protect Sid. Sounds like a win-win. Finally a league where they won't do a single thing about him illegally hitting people!

No, they'd suspended him because he plays for the Pens :pop:

This also brings to mind: Besides the Pacioretty hit, has ANY Montreal player been suspended for an illegal hit?

Well, considering everyone on the team is 5'8", it makes sense. None of them can reach the heads of players who aren't hobbits. They have also been so soft, I'm not sure if they registered a hit last year.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 am

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:33 am

Subban is the scum of the NHL, he doesn't deserve to be in the league.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 am

Typical Montreal
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:05 pm

No, they'd suspend him because he's James Harrison.

Goodell already told Shanny to do it. :lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm

MRandall25 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/witness-pk-subban-spitting-incident-heinous-no-one-031930016.html;_ylt=Avegsf.GPGZLYNaxXgaWaHZ7vLYF

:pop:

I almost posted that, but Del Zotto said he didn't notice it. The video isn't conclusive, so I would only press this if Del Zotto was claiming it. That said, I completely believe he did it because he is a dirtbag. The slo mo video sure looks like he saw Del Zotto and spit at his feet/legs.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah, I had the same interpretation Snapshot. I don't think he meant to spit on him, but there is no doubt he made eye contact with Del Zotto and then spit at his feet.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Meh. He's a dirt bag, but even I find this hard to call him out on unless I just want to do it for the sake of hating him. I think spitting by a hockey player is just a thing they do so often that they don't think about it. So it's very possible he looked at him and spit without even thinking about it. Seems silly to break down like that, but that's my thought. PK does enough real stuff that this is kind of weird to push as an issue, not that you guys are.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cma3585 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 pm

bhaw wrote:Meh. He's a dirt bag, but even I find this hard to call him out on unless I just want to do it for the sake of hating him. I think spitting by a hockey player is just a thing they do so often that they don't think about it. So it's very possible he looked at him and spit without even thinking about it. Seems silly to break down like that, but that's my thought. PK does enough real stuff that this is kind of weird to push as an issue, not that you guys are.

My sentiments exactly.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 pm

See, we all know what he does. I struggled to give him the benefit of the doubt here.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Penspal on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:38 pm

I am not a fan of Subban at all. I think he's a skate stomper (Staal was one victim, I forget the others).

However, I don't think the hit on Krejci was "to the head". It was not penalized, and he was not suspended. (Yes, it is a garage league, but they do get some things right)

NHL players spit all the time. Sooner or later, someone is going to get hit by spit accidently. The Habs had just scored, no reason to spit on him.

There are plenty of reasons to hate Subban, but I personally don't think the hit or spit is worth $h!#.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 am

I once accidentally spit on a ref as he skated past the bench. Didnt see him coming. It happens.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I usually listen to HNIC Radio on my way home from work and they just adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Seriously, I never hear a bad thing about the guy on that show. Or any hockey show, for that matter.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NPR