LOL

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LOL

Postby PghSkins on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:The only ones I think are ridiculous are the Regular Season Eastern Conference Champions

Yeah, I think that's what's getting lost here. It's basically a banner for getting the #1 seed in the conference for the playoffs. How did that work out?
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

The only ones I see worth "LOL" is the regular season Eastern Conf champs ones.

Other than that, most teams put up their division championships, presidents trophies, conference playoff championship, and stanley cup championships.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:25 pm

newarenanow wrote:The only ones I see worth "LOL" is the regular season Eastern Conf champs ones.

Other than that, most teams put up their division championships, presidents trophies, conference playoff championship, and stanley cup championships.

Stanley what? [/capsfan]
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:01 pm

newarenanow wrote:The only ones I see worth "LOL" is the regular season Eastern Conf champs ones.

assuming your speaking of regular season division champs and not smyth or norris playoff division champs...

Why is the division one okay but regular season conf 'champs' isn't? You could win your division but finish 3rd in the East Conf and you'd really be celebrating even LESS than 'winning' the whole conference in the regular season.

Put up the Cup banners and let that be that. You either got 'em or you don't.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:

assuming your speaking of regular season division champs and not smyth or norris playoff division champs...

Why is the division one okay but regular season conf 'champs' isn't? You could win your division but finish 3rd in the East Conf and you'd really be celebrating even LESS than 'winning' the whole conference in the regular season.

Put up the Cup banners and let that be that. You either got 'em or you don't.

I guess everyone has their opinion.

But to me, you win your division in the regular season. You win the conference during the playoffs, since you are playing to represent your conference in the Stanley Cup finals during the playoffs. And you win the Cup.

People can question the Presidents trophy, but I think that is a decent accomplishment as well that should be recognized, and the NHL does too by presenting the President's trophy.

I guess it's one of those things where when people ask who won the conference in XX year, you look at the playoffs, not the regular season champ.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NPR