Minnesota-UND Handshake fight

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Minnesota-UND Handshake fight

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Ben Blood is a classless human.....happy to hear he was disciplined by the team (although a pretty lousy punishment):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/bad-blood-handshake-line-fight-between-north-dakota-160440434.html
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Minnesota-UND Handshake fight

Postby Rylan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 pm

who knows what was said or done to provoke him. He was calm up until that player.

this reminds of legarette blount and when the guy from Boise came up to him looking like a tool and blount punched him.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 am

Rylan wrote:who knows what was said or done to provoke him. He was calm up until that player.

this reminds of legarette blount and when the guy from Boise came up to him looking like a tool and blount punched him.

The scrum at the end of the game, somebody chopped his legs out from under him from behind. It was pretty cowardly. I didn't see if that was the same guy who did that to him, but it could have just as easily been someone telling him to learn to skate, or something along those lines.

Not condoning it, but it wasn't all that bad and I can see why he was hot. It was a very dangerous thing he had done to him.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 pm

If he started it with the guy that took out the back of his legs, I have no problem with what he did. That was a cowardly and pathetic move by the opposing player.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm

I have no problem with it period. I, however, do not think it was with the same player. The guy who tackles him is also the guy that started the whole messing with Mr. Blood.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NPR