Taylor Hall Injured in Pre-Game Skate

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Taylor Hall Injured in Pre-Game Skate

Postby pittsports87 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Looks like Frankenstein.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:He will probably miss several games I'd imagine simply because it would hurt like cray to put on a helmet! Ouch!

maybe not. I had something similar a few years ago. long story short I got nailed with a clearing attempt while scorekeeping a high level men's league game. fortunately it was under the hairline and nowhere near the eye. I had 1 internal stitch and 9 external stitches. I was headed to Canada a few days later for a tournament with my team. it wasn't the most comfortable thing but but I was able to get my helmet on with no problems and play the whole tourney. clearly Hall's injury is a lot worse (and a LOT scarier) but he might be able to play in a few days with a full cage if the swelling goes down.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:29 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:He will probably miss several games I'd imagine simply because it would hurt like cray to put on a helmet! Ouch!

maybe not. I had something similar a few years ago. long story short I got nailed with a clearing attempt while scorekeeping a high level men's league game. fortunately it was under the hairline and nowhere near the eye. I had 1 internal stitch and 9 external stitches. I was headed to Canada a few days later for a tournament with my team. it wasn't the most comfortable thing but but I was able to get my helmet on with no problems and play the whole tourney. clearly Hall's injury is a lot worse (and a LOT scarier) but he might be able to play in a few days with a full cage if the swelling goes down.

Hall had to get something like 30 stitches (might be more)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

omg, that's awful. he's gonna be way ugly now.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:55 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:

Thats nice. I dont really see a full cage helping him out too much. He wears a visor already, and most of the stiches will be under where the actual helmet sits. It'll be uncomfortable to say the least..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:Thats nice. I dont really see a full cage helping him out too much. He wears a visor already, and most of the stiches will be under where the actual helmet sits. It'll be uncomfortable to say the least..

How so?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 am

My sister in law who is a nurse in the ER said "That is some quality stitch work right there, no doubt they did that at a hospital and not a quick stitch in the locker room." she doesn't think the scare will be bad at all maybe the middle part will be noticable but only miminal.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:35 am

I want to say they said a plastic surgeon was in the house and performed the stitches?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

mac5155 wrote:I want to say they said a plastic surgeon was in the house and performed the stitches?

:thumb:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:

Thats nice. I dont really see a full cage helping him out too much. He wears a visor already, and most of the stiches will be under where the actual helmet sits. It'll be uncomfortable to say the least..

the full cage would just be a safety precaution in case something got up under the visor where his eye is all black and blue.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to NPR