Goligoski Re-signed

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Goligoski Re-signed

Postby Froggy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:04 am

The Snapshot wrote:
Draftnik wrote:Dallas bought 3 UFA seasons from Gogo. If people think the Pens are going to get UFA seasons from Tanger at $3.5M or Nealer at $2.8M keep dreaming.

I think its a good deal. Martin essentially took Gogo's spot. The Pens kept better D and sacrificed O, but they also were able to get Neal. The Pens couldn't have picked up a F the caliber of Neal via UFA. This is another testament to Shero's excellent asset management despite the vitriol hurled towards Martin.

I don't think people understand the economic reality of Free Agency, restricted or not. They have him until he's 30.

Of course, some people also think he is terrible, so whatever.

I don't have the energy to cross-reference those who hated Goligoski with those that still think Tangradi is a late bloomer, but if anyone is in both camps......

I have totally irrational hatred for both players... at least i'm consistent
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:13 am

Froggy wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Draftnik wrote:Dallas bought 3 UFA seasons from Gogo. If people think the Pens are going to get UFA seasons from Tanger at $3.5M or Nealer at $2.8M keep dreaming.

I think its a good deal. Martin essentially took Gogo's spot. The Pens kept better D and sacrificed O, but they also were able to get Neal. The Pens couldn't have picked up a F the caliber of Neal via UFA. This is another testament to Shero's excellent asset management despite the vitriol hurled towards Martin.

I don't think people understand the economic reality of Free Agency, restricted or not. They have him until he's 30.

Of course, some people also think he is terrible, so whatever.

I don't have the energy to cross-reference those who hated Goligoski with those that still think Tangradi is a late bloomer, but if anyone is in both camps......

I have totally irrational hatred for both players... at least i'm consistent

Hating Tangradi means you are ok. I can't explain the Goligoski thing though..... :wink:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

the stats didn't reflect this at all, but goligoski couldn't be trusted with the puck last year, plain and simple. i guess people don't really remember the frequency in which he flubbed pucks at the point on the power play, or the times when he was paralyzed in his own end when he had possession, leading to some sort of clumsy mess. i don't think that's totally indicative of his skill level or who he is as a player, but it happened - despite his +/-. he was probably just uncomfortable for some reason. i haven't watched him in dallas, but i'm assuming he's better than the guy we saw last winter.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

My reasons for hating Goligoski are the same as my reasons for hating tangradi. They both fail the eyeball test.

Goligoski looked panicky and indecisive in the offensive zone, and about inept as one could possibly be one on one. These are things I observed with my own eyeballs.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 am

The Snapshot wrote:I don't have the energy to cross-reference those who hated Goligoski with those that still think Tangradi is a late bloomer, but if anyone is in both camps......

I'd like to see that data too.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Froggy wrote:My reasons for hating Goligoski are the same as my reasons for hating tangradi. They both fail the eyeball test.

Goligoski looked panicky and indecisive in the offensive zone, and about inept as one could possibly be one on one. These are things I observed with my own eyeballs.

Froggy:

Spoiler:

:fist:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 pm

That seems like a lot of money for him, but I thought the same when we signed Letang a few years ago and that deal turned out to be a steal.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:14 pm

pittsports87 wrote:That seems like a lot of money for him, but I thought the same when we signed Letang a few years ago and that deal turned out to be a steal.

The only difference is that letang is signing this deal at an age 4 years older than Legame was when he signed his.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NPR