Ovechkin... Out!

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ovechkin... Out!

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:What, you think James Neal doesnt want to go to the beach this weekend?

Given his mood regarding the non-selection, he definitely preferred going to the ASG.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:What, you think James Neal doesnt want to go to the beach this weekend?

Given his mood regarding the non-selection, he definitely preferred going to the ASG.

You completely miss my point, but if you can't see that Ovechkin did this as an 'F YOU' to the league, and should be punished for it, then there is no helping you.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

You completely miss my point, but if you can't see that Ovechkin did this as an 'F YOU' to the league, and should be punished for it, then there is no helping you.

I don't care why he did it and I don't know why you do. If it weren't a player you didn't like, you wouldn't care. He's suspended, there is no reason that he should have to go.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lesky on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Agreed. Thats why I opted out of the discussion.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:22 pm

I think this would be more meaningful if it impacted the Capitals moreso than one player. When the NHL all-star game comes together, the only thing it's representing is the NHL and the off set players.

Nobody watches it anyways, and nobody really cares. I get the feeling the NHL realizes that after banning Datsyuk and whoever else last year, is that nobody cared/watched it anyways, so why ban Ovechkin now when it could potentially hurt the bottom line of the team rather than the NHL.

If that makes any sense.

TLDNR: Ovechkin isn't hurting the team, so the team supports him. If it affected the team, they'd feel differently.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NPR