Anyone looking to sell a stick?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Anyone looking to sell a stick?

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

Not sure if this is legal here, if not please delete. I'm on a tight budget with buying a new car, so I'm looking to buy a stick second hand from ebay or CL or maybe here. Looking to get something kinda nice... one95, s17 se16, vapor 60, or something comparable. So, if anyone is selling let me know.

Also thought it could be a cool idea to have a thread here for buying/selling old equipment..
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Anyone looking to sell a stick?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 am

MRandall25 wrote:Amazon has old Eastons for like $35

http://www.amazon.com/Easton-Synergy-Co ... 137&sr=8-2

I see the S3 for 40, looking for something a little nicer. I wish you were talking about those old school black and red/blue stealths, the CNT's. That was one of my favorite sticks ever.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GSdrums87 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Anytime I'm in need of a new stick, I head on over to eBay and buy a shaft or two, simply because I'm not good at cutting my old ones around the taper. You can get high quality stick shafts through there for a low price. If you need more length just plug a longer butt into it. Then go to your favorite hockey equipment website and start shopping for the particular blade you like in your price range, and fitted to the shaft you have (standard or tapered; auction will identify).

I do this because the quality of high-end shafts hasn't really gone much upwards in the past 2 years or so. I just bought 2 Rbk 7k Sickick shafts for $60, and I'm currently shopping for a blade to plug into one of them.

Also, this is what the NHL level players do. Rarely do you see players using the solid one-piece sticks; they prefer to have the two piece setup. I believe it lowers the kickpoint in the shot, or something of that nature. But I've never had any kind of issue with "building" my own sticks. Best of all, the breakage usually occurs ON the blade itself, so all you need to do is remove the blade and plug in a new one, saving ya up to $100 when you need a new stick.

Just my $0.02 though, hope it helps!
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:49 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Also, this is what the NHL level players do. Rarely do you see players using the solid one-piece sticks; they prefer to have the two piece setup. I believe it lowers the kickpoint in the shot, or something of that nature.

I don't think that's true at all.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Most players I've seen have a one-piece...

Crosby, for example, moved to a one-piece, then scored 50.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Have you checked the Sports Check website? I bought an Easton Synergy SE6 with a Sakic 75 curve (similar to, but not nearly as expensive as the Lidstrom curve) for about 60 bucks on Boxing Day from them.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 am

Pens gear store has player sticks for I think $75. not "cheap" but definitely "high quality"
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby itissteeltime on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am

mac5155 wrote:Pens gear store has player sticks for I think $75. not "cheap" but definitely "high quality"

That's certainly cheap for the sticks theyre using. Too bad in im DC. I was at a Caps game a couple weeks ago and went into their store, hoping to by a player used stick for cheap. They have the sticks marked by who used them. Ovechkin's sticks are 499, then there is a 299 and 199 group.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 am

telling us if you're righty or lefty might help a little. ;)

I'm gonna second mac's suggestion and check out the group that handles the Pens jerseys sales. They also handle their old sticks and I don't think they beat people up on the shipping. I was lucky enough to be within driving distance of a few shows that they did and I pulled a few sticks for under $75. My Dupuis was 75, my TK was 70 (think it's the same lick stick), and a stick that was assigned to Staal but was cut went for $50. Unfortunately I don't think they have a site but they do list stuff on ebay all the time. If you're a lefty, they have a huge selection. If you're a righty, it's mostly old Goligoski sticks.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby itissteeltime on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am

JS© wrote:telling us if you're righty or lefty might help a little. ;)

I'm gonna second mac's suggestion and check out the group that handles the Pens jerseys sales. They also handle their old sticks and I don't think they beat people up on the shipping. I was lucky enough to be within driving distance of a few shows that they did and I pulled a few sticks for under $75. My Dupuis was 75, my TK was 70 (think it's the same lick stick), and a stick that was assigned to Staal but was cut went for $50. Unfortunately I don't think they have a site but they do list stuff on ebay all the time. If you're a lefty, they have a huge selection. If you're a righty, it's mostly old Goligoski sticks.

I'm a righty. What is their ebay name so I can see what they have?
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

ebay name: doubledekehockey
I might be wrong with what I said earlier. I don't think it's the same group, but I think they handle some of the sales.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/doubledekehocke ... ksid=p3686
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am

GSdrums87 wrote:Also, this is what the NHL level players do. Rarely do you see players using the solid one-piece sticks; they prefer to have the two piece setup. I believe it lowers the kickpoint in the shot, or something of that nature.

itissteeltime wrote:I don't think that's true at all.

yeah, not sure where you got that. you may see a fuse point on a lot of pro sticks. example: when Warrior bought out Innovative and plastered their name all over sticks most players preferred the fused Dolomite over the true one piece Mac Daddy. nowadays you see a lot of "repaints" in the NHL but they're still one piece sticks. for instance, when Easton came out with the elliptical tapered S17 most players weren't interested. they preferred the SE16 so Easton would paint the SE16s with the S17 graphics in order to make it look to consumers that the pros were using the newest Easton stick. the only way to tell is to examine it up close for the elliptical taper.

to the OP: have you checked your local Play It Again Sports?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:

itissteeltime wrote:I don't think that's true at all.

yeah, not sure where you got that. you may see a fuse point on a lot of pro sticks. example: when Warrior bought out Innovative and plastered their name all over sticks most players preferred the fused Dolomite over the true one piece Mac Daddy. nowadays you see a lot of "repaints" in the NHL but they're still one piece sticks. for instance, when Easton came out with the elliptical tapered S17 most players weren't interested. they preferred the SE16 so Easton would paint the SE16s with the S17 graphics in order to make it look to consumers that the pros were using the newest Easton stick. the only way to tell is to examine it up close for the elliptical taper.

to the OP: have you checked your local Play It Again Sports?

Gotchya. This was more to the extent of what I meant. I always heard of players preferring previous sticks, but still had to use the newer ones for their sponsorship. So they would just do the re-paints. Thanks for clarifying!
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I got a Sherwood from Dicks for 50 dollars, still is my favorite stick. Perfect lie and curve right off the shelf.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:16 pm

i think i have an unused s17 and i live in frederick and work in columbia. i'll check when i get home tonight.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby itissteeltime on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:i think i have an unused s17 and i live in frederick and work in columbia. i'll check when i get home tonight.

Yes give me that.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to NPR