Mike Green

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Mike Green

Postby newarenanow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am

Didn't realize that he only had like 44 pts this season and is ranked like #41. What a major disappointment this season.
Last edited by newarenanow on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,422
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: AO

Postby MarioLives on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 pm

If they sneak into the playoffs they could be scary though. Green should be back within a week and Backstrom may return. I really wish the NHL would adopt straight seeding by points instead of the division winners getting top 3 seeds. Whoever wins the Caps division will probably have less points than 3 teams from the Pens division, yet get a higher seed.

The big question is: Who will win the Caps division??
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: AO

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

MarioLives wrote:If they sneak into the playoffs they could be scary though. Green should be back within a week and Backstrom may return. I really wish the NHL would adopt straight seeding by points instead of the division winners getting top 3 seeds. Whoever wins the Caps division will probably have less points than 3 teams from the Pens division, yet get a higher seed.

The big question is: Who will win the Caps division??


They are not scary.

Panthers will win the division.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: AO

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Green coming back will make them less scary in the playoffs.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: AO

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Green is hilarious in his own zone, but I don't think he gets enough credit for what he means to the Caps. Think Pens without Letang.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,525
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: AO

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Green's ineptitude in his own end has diminished in the last year or so...when he's actually in the lineup.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,240
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: AO

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:52 pm

I think it's hilarious the so-called "experts" think Green will be a big part if he comes back...

... unless they mean a big part in the Caps losing the division.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,399
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: AO

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 pm

While Green isn't the best on defense, he means everything to the Caps. I'm pretty sure theyre undefeated this year with him in the lineup (small sample size, I know), 8-0 or something like that. They're just much better with him. Backstrom might be the best player on that team. Vokoun can easily steal games when he is on. Their weakness is certainly on defense, Hamrlik and Schultz are two of the slowest skaters I've ever seen in the NHL. Regardless, if they get healthy, theyre not a team I'd care to see in the playoffs.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: AO

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I think it's hilarious the so-called "experts" think Green will be a big part if he comes back...

... unless they mean a big part in the Caps losing the division.


I'm no expert, but I think Green will be a HUGE part of the puzzle, if he comes back,
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: AO

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:57 pm

In before "Pens fans are obsessed with the Caps and OV" :pop:

:lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,157
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: AO

Postby Staggy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm

itissteeltime wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I think it's hilarious the so-called "experts" think Green will be a big part if he comes back...

... unless they mean a big part in the Caps losing the division.


I'm no expert, but I think Green will be a HUGE part of the puzzle, if he comes back,


I agree, I think the Caps are much, much better with Green in the lineup.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,950
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: AO

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Didn't think this deserved it's own thread. I'm talking with my Caps' friends, and here is a little hypothetical someone drew up. I thought it was interesting.

if youre george mcphee do you pull the trigger on a deal of John Carlson, Braden Holtby and a pick for Rick Nash? Carlson is a RFA at the end of the year and with the money he is probably going to want it would be difficult to resign him. Semin is a free agent at the end of the year and with his 6.7 going away there is a chance they could get Nash under the cap with his 7.8. Think of the possibilities of an Ovie, Backstrom and Nash line
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: AO

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:08 pm

I don't think that would be a conducive environment for Nash.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,017
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: AO

Postby meow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Staggy wrote:
itissteeltime wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I think it's hilarious the so-called "experts" think Green will be a big part if he comes back...

... unless they mean a big part in the Caps losing the division.


I'm no expert, but I think Green will be a HUGE part of the puzzle, if he comes back,


I agree, I think the Caps are much, much better with Green in the lineup.

9-1 with him in the line-up. 19-22 without. But he is totally overrated. :roll:
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,536
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: AO

Postby newarenanow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Green is fat, and if he is on the ice with Ovie at the same time, it may crack.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,422
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: AO

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:50 pm

itissteeltime wrote:Didn't think this deserved it's own thread. I'm talking with my Caps' friends, and here is a little hypothetical someone drew up. I thought it was interesting.

if youre george mcphee do you pull the trigger on a deal of John Carlson, Braden Holtby and a pick for Rick Nash? Carlson is a RFA at the end of the year and with the money he is probably going to want it would be difficult to resign him. Semin is a free agent at the end of the year and with his 6.7 going away there is a chance they could get Nash under the cap with his 7.8. Think of the possibilities of an Ovie, Backstrom and Nash line


I'd love it because they'd be basically only have one line to work with.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,189
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: AO

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 pm

The Jets will win the Division 8-)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: AO

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Keith Jones said in his interview with MM today that he's actually hearing his name floated around in trade rumours. Craziness that it came to this (not that he'd actually be traded)
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,749
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: AO

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Paul Martin, Steve Sullivan, and a 2nd for AO (e5)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: AO

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 pm

meow wrote:
Staggy wrote:
itissteeltime wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I think it's hilarious the so-called "experts" think Green will be a big part if he comes back...

... unless they mean a big part in the Caps losing the division.


I'm no expert, but I think Green will be a HUGE part of the puzzle, if he comes back,


I agree, I think the Caps are much, much better with Green in the lineup.

9-1 with him in the line-up. 19-22 without. But he is totally overrated. :roll:


Never said he was overrated.

Just a terrible defenseman.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,399
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: AO

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Then you are just flat out incorrect.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,240
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: AO

Postby Guinness on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
itissteeltime wrote:Didn't think this deserved it's own thread. I'm talking with my Caps' friends, and here is a little hypothetical someone drew up. I thought it was interesting.

if youre george mcphee do you pull the trigger on a deal of John Carlson, Braden Holtby and a pick for Rick Nash? Carlson is a RFA at the end of the year and with the money he is probably going to want it would be difficult to resign him. Semin is a free agent at the end of the year and with his 6.7 going away there is a chance they could get Nash under the cap with his 7.8. Think of the possibilities of an Ovie, Backstrom and Nash line


I'd love it because they'd be basically only have one line to work with.


Oh gawd, this PLEASE. In fact, someone whisper in GMGM's ear that he needs to throw in a first rounder, too. Rick Nash is JUST what the doctor ordered in WSH. :lol:
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: AO

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Then you are just flat out incorrect.



ORLY? Some top-notch D here.

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,399
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: AO

Postby Staggy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Interesting take by Pierre LeBrun:

The leadership has to start with your franchise player and Alex Ovechkin continues to be inconsistent this season. Let me put it to you this way, I asked an NHL scout to rank the following four Russian stars recently, Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malkin and Ilya Kovalchuk. And he answered, "Really close between Datsyuk and Malkin, they’re 1a and 1b, then it’s Kovalchuk, and Ovechkin a distant fourth."
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,950
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: AO

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 pm

I refuse to believe that Kovy > Ovy
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Next

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail