Eklund: Rick Nash to the Kings?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Eklund: Rick Nash to the Kings?

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Friedman just said on Hot Stove GMSH told Nash he "probably won't be moved Monday".

Hmmm....
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Can't wait to see if Nash plays tmw or not....

Also 2 things. I'd really feel bad for BlueJacket fans if 1- I wasn't a Pirates fan and 2- I wasn't so sure 90% of them are Buckeye fans
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Kraftster wrote:Wow. Hard to imagine Nashville having the pieces to get it done unless there is a trade and sign of Ryan Suter, which seems completely out of the question.

Lindback, Wilson, Ellis, 1st?

Lindback was not listed. The other 2 were.

This is quite a cluster honestly. The problem with the Nashville deal would be does Rick Nash want to go to Nashville.

However, this type of thinking could show players like Suter and Weber that the Preds are serious about winning a cup and might lead them to signing them longterm.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:Can't wait to see if Nash plays tmw or not....

Also 2 things. I'd really feel bad for BlueJacket fans if 1- I wasn't a Pirates fan and 2- I wasn't so sure 90% of them are Buckeye fans

If there is any chance of him being moved, I don't play him tomorrow.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Wow. Hard to imagine Nashville having the pieces to get it done unless there is a trade and sign of Ryan Suter, which seems completely out of the question.

Lindback, Wilson, Ellis, 1st?

Lindback was not listed. The other 2 were.

This is quite a cluster honestly. The problem with the Nashville deal would be does Rick Nash want to go to Nashville.

However, this type of thinking could show players like Suter and Weber that the Preds are serious about winning a cup and might lead them to signing them longterm.

Your last point is what I make out of Nashville getting in the mix. Friedman said there is a very specific (limited) group of teams that Nash will play for, and he will not expand that list just to play in the playoffs this season. I can't imagine Nashville is on the list, but I could see them making it known that they made a play for their fans and Weber/Suter. Although, maybe Nash is looking for another market where he can vastly underachieve without being called out. :pop:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Kraftster wrote:
Your last point is what I make out of Nashville getting in the mix. Friedman said there is a very specific (limited) group of teams that Nash will play for, and he will not expand that list just to play in the playoffs this season. I can't imagine Nashville is on the list, but I could see them making it known that they made a play for their fans and Weber/Suter. Although, maybe Nash is looking for another market where he can vastly underachieve without being called out. :pop:

If I'm Nash and I'm not, if I get a chance to play on a team that is built around Nash - Weber - Suter - Rinne, that's a pretty good core that could be together for a long time. Add in Legwand, Hornqvist, and Fisher...that's a pretty good team that is competitive every season.

I also think Rinne is Top 3 goaltender in the league (Fleury and Lundqvist)
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:

If I'm Nash and I'm not, if I get a chance to play on a team that is built around Nash - Weber - Suter - Rinne, that's a pretty good core that could be together for a long time. Add in Legwand, Hornqvist, and Fisher...that's a pretty good team that is competitive every season.

No question that is a nice bunch. And its a team that knows how to draft and develop its young players.

Rinne is definitely top 5.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Kraftster wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:

No question that is a nice bunch. And its a team that knows how to draft and develop its young players.

Rinne is definitely top 5.

I think they could come out of the West this year, if they can get a scorer. I see a lot of the Pens on how their team is built with developing players and building around their stars. Hopefully, they can get someone by Monday.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Nash to Nashville is picking up steam. Preds should throw the rights to Radolov in the mix.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6189 ... L|NHL|home
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm

I don't know; being traded to to the worst team in the NHL wouldn't encourage me to return to the league.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby llipgh2 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Apparently a lot of teams are backing away from Nash because Columbus is now making ridiculous demands.

When it's all said and done, he'll probably still be in Columbus.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby TheHammer24 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Apparently a lot of teams are backing away from Nash because Columbus is now making ridiculous demands.

Philosophically, i dont understand this at all. Why do you trade assets for bog contracts? If you want a star, sign him in free agency.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Apparently a lot of teams are backing away from Nash because Columbus is now making ridiculous demands.

Philosophically, i dont understand this at all. Why do you trade assets for bog contracts? If you want a star, sign him in free agency (to a bog contract).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Rick Nash to the Kings?

Postby no name on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 am

npv708 wrote:This trade may just be legit...

Here's the proof:
Spoiler:
Senior Advisor for the Blue Jackets:

Pens are making a push for Nash, the jackets are asking for Beech, Sivik and Lupichek.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NPR