Vermette to Phoenix

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Vermette to Phoenix

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Hoowwwwwwwwllll

Columbus gets: 2nd Round (Ottawa's) and 5th Round (turns into a 4th if the Yotes win a playoff round), Curtis McElhanny

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie Close
Hearing a pair of draft picks are going from PHX to CBJ for Vermette. Details to follow.
Last edited by Kovy27 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Vermette to Phoenix

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Does this help my fantasy team?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 pm

They already had Vermette, but his name is Lauri Korpikoski. No clue what he adds to that team.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:47 pm

The Snapshot wrote:They already had Vermette, but his name is Lauri Korpikoski. No clue what he adds to that team.

AV is a center, the Korpedo is not.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

I really hope the Blue Jackets don't think Curtis McElhanny is the answer at goalie...

I'm hoping they can move someone for a legit starter, cuz I'm starting to feel bad for the fans here.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I really hope the Blue Jackets don't think Curtis McElhanny is the answer at goalie...

I'm hoping they can move someone for a legit starter, cuz I'm starting to feel bad for the fans here.

Phx needed to move body. They were at 50
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:09 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I really hope the Blue Jackets don't think Curtis McElhanny is the answer at goalie...

I think they will only deal Nash if a legit #1 goalie is in the deal.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Pitts wrote:

I think they will only deal Nash if a legit #1 goalie is in the deal.

Agreed and the only real team that makes sense is the Kings since they have a tandem of Bernier and Quick. I just can't imagine them wanting to rid themselves of Quick.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Why would a team want a player for $8mm? I thought those players only went to teams looking to get to the cap floor? Nash is just simply not attractive at that price tag.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Why would a team want a player for $8mm? I thought those players only went to teams looking to get to the cap floor? Nash is just simply not attractive at that price tag.

If the rumors were true that the Kings really were looking to give Kovalchuck even 7 years at upwards of 8 million two years ago. Someone's going to bite on Nash. I think with the perimeters given/needed in a goalie that'd be the most likely place it'd work.

If the Rangers do it they're ridiculous.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

They are both PK players with limited scoring ability.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pcm on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Vermette's a good secondary player, like Kunitz, but a responsible center instead of a crashing LW. You can't have enough of these guys. He hasn't really done much on a super-weak team, so his stock his lower than value, but I'd say this move assures Phoenix a playoff spot.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sniper on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I like Vermette. He's a complimentary piece, but he's a solid guy you can count on every night. I actually thought Columbus should have gotten more for him. I don't recall what they traded to Ottawa to get him a few years ago. Looked it up Leclaire and a second round pick that turned out to be Robin Lehner. If I recall correctly he played pretty well right after that trade.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Zach6668 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:33 am

The term "complimentary piece" is thrown around WAY too liberally around here. Like, this guy is a LEGIT 2nd liner. Not every team is spoiled with Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin types.

I find this comes up when people ask for a top 6 winger. Everyone wants a 90-pointer... but top 6 wingers are technically 50 pt guys... (half the wingers in the NHL right?)...

Vermette is totally a 2nd line center. A good one, at that. Very good pickup for the 'Yotes.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:33 am

Zach6668 wrote:The term "complimentary piece" is thrown around WAY too liberally around here. Like, this guy is a LEGIT 2nd liner. Not every team is spoiled with Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin types.

I find this comes up when people ask for a top 6 winger. Everyone wants a 90-pointer... but top 6 wingers are technically 50 pt guys... (half the wingers in the NHL right?)...

Vermette is totally a 2nd line center. A good one, at that. Very good pickup for the 'Yotes.

Agreed. And a second-line center is a big need for the 'Yotes.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Zach6668 wrote:The term "complimentary piece" is thrown around WAY too liberally around here. Like, this guy is a LEGIT 2nd liner. Not every team is spoiled with Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin types.

Staal sucks! 8-)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to NPR