Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am

BUT SARICH DIDN'T TRY TO PLAY THE PUCK!!!


Seriously, yeah. Guy fell head first into the other Guy's knees. What is sarich supposed to do there? Maybe if sarich had psychic powers, he would have known he was gonna fall down, and wouldn't have gone for the big check. But if he didn't go for the check, hall probably doesn't fall down. Aaaah. It's like the matrix. THERE IS NO SPOON!!!
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 pm

meow wrote:I don't see Sarich hitting Hall in the head at all. Hall's head bounces off the ice

The elbow at 11 seconds wasn't enough for you?

I agree with Columbia.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby meow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:I don't see Sarich hitting Hall in the head at all. Hall's head bounces off the ice

The elbow at 11 seconds wasn't enough for you?

I agree with Columbia.

Still don't see it
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Rylan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

meow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:I don't see Sarich hitting Hall in the head at all. Hall's head bounces off the ice

The elbow at 11 seconds wasn't enough for you?

I agree with Columbia.

Still don't see it


Agreed. His arm is tucked in?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,085
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I guess maybe the elbow touched his head, but not even Marc Savard would call that an elbow.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,966
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm

You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Rylan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.


Even if it did, there is no way that that is Sarich's fault. If I fall into your elbow, I am not going to hold you responsible for my subsequent injuries. That is just silly.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,085
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm

A-I think it's inconclusive if he hit his head. He was going over him, so it's kind of hard to tell what hits what and how hard.

B- Whether or not he hits his head is totally irrelevant because if he doesn't fall at the last minute, it's a non issue.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Rylan wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.


Even if it did, there is no way that that is Sarich's fault. If I fall into your elbow, I am not going to hold you responsible for my subsequent injuries. That is just silly.

If you fall into my stick and get cut, I still get 4 minutes.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Froggy wrote:A-I think it's inconclusive if he hit his head. He was going over him, so it's kind of hard to tell what hits what and how hard.

B- Whether or not he hits his head is totally irrelevant because if he doesn't fall at the last minute, it's a non issue.

So what you're saying is that all blind-side hits to the head are not illegal. :pop:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

This is not a blind side hit. It may or may not be to the head. Even if it is, it was not the principle point of contact, and the skater put himself in danger on the play.

This is NOT the same thing as Cooke elbowing Savard in the head, or Richards launching himself at booth. This is a guy going for a clean shoulder check, and the puck carrier losing an edge right before the moment of impact.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby meow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.


Even if it did, there is no way that that is Sarich's fault. If I fall into your elbow, I am not going to hold you responsible for my subsequent injuries. That is just silly.

If you fall into my stick and get cut, I still get 4 minutes.

That's not true
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

meow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.


Even if it did, there is no way that that is Sarich's fault. If I fall into your elbow, I am not going to hold you responsible for my subsequent injuries. That is just silly.

If you fall into my stick and get cut, I still get 4 minutes.

That's not true

Yes, it is: You're stick cuts me and you get 4 mins.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby meow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:You "guess" that it "maybe" touched his head? There's no way it didn't.


Even if it did, there is no way that that is Sarich's fault. If I fall into your elbow, I am not going to hold you responsible for my subsequent injuries. That is just silly.

If you fall into my stick and get cut, I still get 4 minutes.

That's not true

Yes, it is: You're stick cuts me and you get 4 mins.

My stick is on the ice and you lose an edge and fall face first onto my blade - that's not a penalty. Just like the follow-through on a shot
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

meow wrote:My stick is on the ice and you lose an edge and fall face first onto my blade - that's not a penalty. Just like the follow-through on a shot

Players must be in control of their stick at all times though.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby meow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:My stick is on the ice and you lose an edge and fall face first onto my blade - that's not a penalty. Just like the follow-through on a shot

Players must be in control of their stick at all times though.

By your logic, players are never in control of their sticks.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,449
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:My stick is on the ice and you lose an edge and fall face first onto my blade - that's not a penalty. Just like the follow-through on a shot

Players must be in control of their stick at all times though.


In the first example that meow gives, it's not a penalty. The second is generally not, but that is a ref's discretion...it's not an auto call though. To the best of my knowledge.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,109
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meow wrote:My stick is on the ice and you lose an edge and fall face first onto my blade - that's not a penalty. Just like the follow-through on a shot

Players must be in control of their stick at all times though.


In the first example that meow gives, it's not a penalty. The second is generally not, but that is a ref's discretion...it's not an auto call though. To the best of my knowledge.

Okay, this I can agree with. I exaggerated my point meow; I apologize.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby brwi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:Okay, this I can agree with. I exaggerated my point meow; I apologize.


WHAT???? How dare you do something like that on a message board! This is LIFE or DEATH...don't back down :lol:
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,135
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby penmyst on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Froggy wrote:A-I think it's inconclusive if he hit his head. He was going over him, so it's kind of hard to tell what hits what and how hard.

B- Whether or not he hits his head is totally irrelevant because if he doesn't fall at the last minute, it's a non issue.


If he doesn't fall at the last minute, he's probably clinically dead right now.

If he doesn't fall, his trajectory would collide with Sarich's shoulder.

100% impact to the head.

The head.

Sarich was aiming for the head.

Look at 0:10.

The head.

He is leaning in toward the head.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,369
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:10 pm

i seriously have no idea what you're watching. are you sure you linked the right video?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Froggy wrote:i seriously have no idea what you're watching. are you sure you linked the right video?

Are you sure you are? Both Penmyst and I referenced the same point in the video.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Staggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 pm

I don't know whether to take this thread seriously or not. I mean what other option did Sarich have after Hall fell? Even if he had enough time to react, which he didn't, was he supposed to try to jump over him?
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,038
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Staggy wrote:I don't know whether to take this thread seriously or not. I mean what other option did Sarich have after Hall fell? Even if he had enough time to react, which he didn't, was he supposed to try to jump over him?

How bout not putting his elbow into Hall's head?

But isn't this what you people want anyhow: Every hit to the head (regardless of intent) outlawed?

So what you're saying is that you think Lucic was innocent when he hit Miller? :pop:

Or, as other men on here once put it:

Once he realizes he can't reach the puck, he just says what the hey and takes his shot, and he got away with it. Too bad.


#whyhockeycantprogress #oldguardhockeyretards
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Sarich successfully fends off vicious attack from Hall

Postby Staggy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Staggy wrote:I don't know whether to take this thread seriously or not. I mean what other option did Sarich have after Hall fell? Even if he had enough time to react, which he didn't, was he supposed to try to jump over him?

How bout not putting his elbow into Hall's head?

But isn't this what you people want anyhow: Every hit to the head (regardless of intent) outlawed?

So what you're saying is that you think Lucic was innocent when he hit Miller? :pop:


No, because Miller 1) isn't a player you can legally hit and 2) Lucic was barreling down on Miller for 100 feet, had every opportunity to see him and avoid him but he decided to just go right through him. Sarich didn't have a chance to avoid Hall. Hall fell when Sarich was one stride away from him. Of course his elbow will make contact with him if the guy falls into it.

If you're going to use unrealistic scenarios so will I: so what you're saying is that if Crosby purposely dives head first into say Hartnell's elbow when Harntell's trying to hit him, then Hartnell is responsible for it?
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,038
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail