Giroux Discipline Hearing

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon May 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:33 pm

steelhammer wrote:The fact that it is only a 1-game suspension only confirms the conspiratorial nature of the NHL and Comcast. They can use the file footage for the definition of head shots they are supposedly trying to remove from the game.

I think your vegan diet may be starving your brain.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 07, 2012 3:34 pm

well then...that's surprising. i think all the insanity from round 1 has shortened the leash for these guys.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

steelhammer wrote:The fact that it is only a 1-game suspension only confirms the conspiratorial nature of the NHL and Comcast. They can use the file footage for the definition of head shots they are supposedly trying to remove from the game.

1 game is not a stiff penalty, but considering its an elimination game its basically like being suspended for the remainder of the playoffs.

Will take character to win with your best player out. This Flyers team hasn't demonstrated much character in this series.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby GDR on Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Philadelphia will never win anything until their unbelievable fascination with the Pittsburgh Penguins ends. They are down 3-1 in the series and you've got Jagr talking about Pittsburgh, their media talking about Pittsburgh and all their "cheap" hits, and on and on and on.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Giroux was a first time suspension. I consider what he did prior to the hit the reason it happened. Dude went nuts because his team didn't get a call and solely went out to hurt a player. Had he not argued before that, and we're looking at a completely different situation. He literally went out of his way to hurt a player right after he melted down.

The one game is fair.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:Giroux was a first time suspension. I consider what he did prior to the hit the reason it happened. Dude went nuts because his team didn't get a call and solely went out to hurt a player. Had he not argued before that, and we're looking at a completely different situation. He literally went out of his way to hurt a player right after he melted down.

The one game is fair.

:thumb:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:Giroux was a first time suspension. I consider what he did prior to the hit the reason it happened. Dude went nuts because his team didn't get a call and solely went out to hurt a player. Had he not argued before that, and we're looking at a completely different situation. He literally went out of his way to hurt a player right after he melted down.

The one game is fair.

One game is not fair, in an instance like that, IMO.
5 sounds better to me.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 07, 2012 3:45 pm

shanny video

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=176718

...in which not only the dirtiness of the play gets exposed, but also giroux's little temper tantrum gets highlighted in hilarious fashion.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Totally fair for a non-injury first-time offender.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm shocked Shanahan did this for an elimination game. Shocked!

Hey therien maybe if you all stopped focusing on the pens you wouldn't be on the brink. JA!

Laviolette calls for time-out!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Not a Dejan fan, but I like this a lot:

4m Dejan Kovacevic Dejan Kovacevic ‏ @Dejan_Kovacevic

Hockey fans, when you have absolutely zero defense for a cheap hit, try this: WHAT ABOUT BLANKETY-BLANK'S HIT, HUH? THAT WAS MUCH WORSE!
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 07, 2012 3:48 pm

columbia wrote:

The one game is fair.

5 sounds better to me.

I'm fine with the one game suspension considering it was his first disciplinary action. That being said, had he not acted like a little child, it wouldn't have been this severe.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
columbia wrote:

The one game is fair.

5 sounds better to me.

I'm fine with the one game suspension considering it was his first disciplinary action. That being said, had he not acted like a little child, it wouldn't have been this severe.

I agree with your analysis, Malka. Using the circumstantial evidence of him flipping out on the ref makes the suspension more deserving.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 07, 2012 3:54 pm

i guess if i were a flyers fan or player, i would be bent out of shape that malkin has gone this long without even getting a fine from the league. dude has done a ton of bad things. but right now, i wouldn't have that at the top of my list of gripes like they all do. i'd be waaaaay more upset with the defacto captain blowing up for some reason in a 3-2 freakin' hockey game.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

If you watch the Asham video, you can hear the "violent, vengeful, nature" of a play makes it worse.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:57 pm

shmenguin wrote:i guess if i were a flyers fan or player, i would be bent out of shape that malkin has gone this long without even getting a fine from the league. dude has done a ton of bad things. but right now, i wouldn't have that at the top of my list of gripes like they all do. i'd be waaaaay more upset with the defacto captain blowing up for some reason in a 3-2 freakin' hockey game.

I agree here as well.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 07, 2012 4:04 pm

i've looked around a bit in puck daddy comments and twitter conversations. i haven't seen 1 flyers fan show any dissatisfaction with giroux. that is f'ing unbelievable. it's a 2-1 series and you're down 1 goal. and a trapezoid violation is going to send you off the deep end ?!? and this is coming on the heels of the officials trying to do everything they could to hand your team a game 3 win!?! like, seriously. what the hell, dude?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 pm

lol, Roenick just said he was "depressed" that the Flyers were playing so poorly this series, on the Fanatic radio station down here. RUT ROH
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 pm

shmenguin wrote:i've looked around a bit in puck daddy comments and twitter conversations. i haven't seen 1 flyers fan show any dissatisfaction with giroux. that is f'ing unbelievable. it's a 2-1 series and you're down 1 goal. and a trapezoid violation is going to send you off the deep end ?!? and this is coming on the heels of the officials trying to do everything they could to hand your team a game 3 win!?! like, seriously. what the hell, dude?

The best thing? He whined about a call to the point that he went out and hurt someone. So hows all that Sidney Crysby stuff working out for them now?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 07, 2012 4:06 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, Roenick just said he was "depressed" that the Flyers were playing so poorly this series, on the Fanatic radio station down here. RUT ROH

Roenick played for like 45234234 teams. I figured by now he'd be all aboard the PHX train.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

shmenguin wrote:i guess if i were a flyers fan or player, i would be bent out of shape that malkin has gone this long without even getting a fine from the league. dude has done a ton of bad things. but right now, i wouldn't have that at the top of my list of gripes like they all do. i'd be waaaaay more upset with the defacto captain blowing up for some reason in a 3-2 freakin' hockey game.

Malkin chips, but he's not a great hitter and I don't think I've ever seen him try to put an elbow or shoulder through someone's head in this manner. A slash on the hands or back of the legs will never get you suspended; its part of the game.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby columbia on Mon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

The Devils need to close this baby out, so Giroux has watch it from the nacho box.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby PfanTN on Mon May 07, 2012 4:09 pm

I think this is how most of them feel, from what I'm seeing on twitter. Surprised that a lot arent arguing that the 1 game susp was excessive, most are pointing to weber, OV, Neal hit on Coutourourier, Malkin elbow on Grossmannnnn that cause concussion, etc. Really cant argue with the 1 game suspension given the nature of the hit, they do however, IMO (as well as a lot of other fans during this postseason) have a legit gripe with consistency from Shanaban.

Those saying he deserves more, like a 5 game suspension.....well.....uh....cant agree. I wonder what most here would be saying had malkin been given even a hearing, let alone a fine or suspension, for the elbow, or if Neal had recieved more than 1 game.
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NPR