Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 pm

I need two sets of straps with buckles for my sons dek hockey gaolie pads. I just need the regular kind with a buckle on one end and the strap with holes on it at the other. These would be for older Vaughn pads for under the shoe/skate boot.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby meow on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,427
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 pm

meow wrote:http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/category/category_id/29/category_chain/28,29/name/Accessories/#product_listing=%3Fcurrent_page%3D1%26results_per_page%3D0%26order_by%3Dcategory_product_position%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A29

Should find what you need here.


I really was tyring to avoid spending $30.00 on pads that are maybe worth $80-$100 tops. If these were his ice hockey pads I would have no problem buying replacement straps. I was kind of looking for a used or generic option to get him through.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby meow on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
meow wrote:http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/category/category_id/29/category_chain/28,29/name/Accessories/#product_listing=%3Fcurrent_page%3D1%26results_per_page%3D0%26order_by%3Dcategory_product_position%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A29

Should find what you need here.


I really was tyring to avoid spending $30.00 on pads that are maybe worth $80-$100 tops. If these were his ice hockey pads I would have no problem buying replacement straps. I was kind of looking for a used or generic option to get him through.

What about just using an old skate lace?
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,427
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

meow wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:
meow wrote:http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/category/category_id/29/category_chain/28,29/name/Accessories/#product_listing=%3Fcurrent_page%3D1%26results_per_page%3D0%26order_by%3Dcategory_product_position%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A29

Should find what you need here.


I really was tyring to avoid spending $30.00 on pads that are maybe worth $80-$100 tops. If these were his ice hockey pads I would have no problem buying replacement straps. I was kind of looking for a used or generic option to get him through.

What about just using an old skate lace?


I might just do that or maybe try and rig something up with elastic. My wife has a leather belt that is thin enough to work but she only has one and she will kill me if I take it.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby meow on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,427
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

meow wrote:I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.



Never thought of that might see how that works for him. I know he needs the one under his foot more than he needs the middle strap.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby meow on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
meow wrote:I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.



Never thought of that might see how that works for him. I know he needs the one under his foot more than he needs the middle strap.

Try the lace first before you start pirating straps. Once you pull the calf strap out, good luck getting it back through if you change your mind.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,427
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Postby ajh2298 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 pm

I ended up finding a set of womans black leather belts at CW Price for $5.00 other than being shinier than the other straps they work perfect.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm


Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail