Around the League: Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

Yup.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 pm

FPR related twice-removed...or something...Zach Boychuk on waivers by Nashville today. Leafs put frequent scratch Mike Komisarek on waivers today as well. Komi had a no-move clause, so the Leafs received his permission (if not, request) to be waived. Just looking for a chance to advance his career, no doubt.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Gaucho on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Wonder if the Fylers or Caps will claim him...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby npv708 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm

The Canes will probably claim Boychuk and if anyone will claim Komi, my guess is the Rangers or Flyers
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Boychuk, as expected, claimed by Carolina, as they have a roster spot for him anyhow. Komisarek, as expected, clears. He will report to the Marlies, AIUI.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Gaucho on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm

All Boychuk needs is a real chance.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 pm

mikey287 wrote:Boychuk, as expected, claimed by Carolina, as they have a roster spot for him anyhow. Komisarek, as expected, clears. He will report to the Marlies, AIUI.

So what's their plan, let him play down there for a good bit then put him on reentry waivers before the playoffs to see if anyone wants to make a claim or let him play down there and buy him out at the end of the season?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,871
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm

No re-entry waivers. Komisarek gets a chance to play, prove his worth in the AHL, mentor some young guys and prove he's a team player with the hopes someone takes him. Re-entry waivers are dead though. They cease to exist.

FF spam re: trade deadline:
Spoiler:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com/7nhl/4760/nhl-trade-deadline-primer - also talks a little about Komi and re-entry waivers
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm

mikey287 wrote:No re-entry waivers. Komisarek gets a chance to play, prove his worth in the AHL, mentor some young guys and prove he's a team player with the hopes someone takes him. Re-entry waivers are dead though. They cease to exist.

FF spam re: trade deadline:
Spoiler:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com/7nhl/4760/nhl-trade-deadline-primer - also talks a little about Komi and re-entry waivers

I did not know that. So if someone is sent down and brought back up it's just waivers period or once they're down they're down?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,871
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby relantel on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:08 pm

PB, believe they can be brought up/sent down unlimited for the 30 days/10 games following clearing waivers, after that they'd have to clear to go down again, but never have to clear to come up.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,199
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
mikey287 wrote:No re-entry waivers. Komisarek gets a chance to play, prove his worth in the AHL, mentor some young guys and prove he's a team player with the hopes someone takes him. Re-entry waivers are dead though. They cease to exist.

FF spam re: trade deadline:
Spoiler:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com/7nhl/4760/nhl-trade-deadline-primer - also talks a little about Komi and re-entry waivers

I did not know that. So if someone is sent down and brought back up it's just waivers period or once they're down they're down?


Let's take your normal waiver eligible player. Sidney Crosby.

Crosby requires waivers to be sent to the AHL. If he clears, he's eligible to be assigned.
In order to recall, you simply recall him. No waivers, no re-entry, no none of that.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:43 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
mikey287 wrote:No re-entry waivers. Komisarek gets a chance to play, prove his worth in the AHL, mentor some young guys and prove he's a team player with the hopes someone takes him. Re-entry waivers are dead though. They cease to exist.

FF spam re: trade deadline:
Spoiler:
http://www.faceoff-factor.com/7nhl/4760/nhl-trade-deadline-primer - also talks a little about Komi and re-entry waivers

I did not know that. So if someone is sent down and brought back up it's just waivers period or once they're down they're down?


Let's take your normal waiver eligible player. Sidney Crosby.

Crosby requires waivers to be sent to the AHL. If he clears, he's eligible to be assigned.
In order to recall, you simply recall him. No waivers, no re-entry, no none of that.

Alright then, very interesting.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,871
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Didn't see this anywhere in PR or NPR; feel free to start a thread if you feel it's appropriate.

George Richards, Miami Herald beat reporter with the Florida Panthers reports Alexei Kovalev has hung up his skates. I have no idea if Richard is a sensationalist or not, but there's a sticky on HF. Anyway, the tweet made me sad. It's time; he's done, but I'll always remember how fun to watch he was with the Pens. I loved the Lang-Straka-Kovalev line.


‏@GeorgeRichards

Alex Kovalev, last active player from #NYRangers 1994 Stanley Cup championship team, has officially retired. Played 14 games w/ #FlaPanthers

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/stat ... 0108166144
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,996
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 pm

He was waived a few weeks ago, it was inevitable.

Thanks for the memories, AK27!
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,387
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 pm

columbia wrote:He was waived a few weeks ago, it was inevitable.

Thanks for the memories, AK27!


Yes, it was.

Man, it's been almost 20 years since Messier's guarantee?
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,996
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Rylan on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 pm

NOOO. He can be Malkin's winger!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:18 pm

I think we're gonna see Matt D'Agostini to New Jersey for a non-roster player or a mid/late draft pick soon. Sorry, hate to sound like an Eklund. I'm not sure of the return, but I do believe D'Agostini has been traded.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Appears to be a done deal now. Matt D'Agostini to New Jersey for a conditional 5th round pick in 2015 and a conditional 7th round pick in 2015.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Crap. There goes my future dream of having a goal scored by Agostino from D'Agostino and D'Agostini.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,535
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Mmmmmm...italian bread.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,387
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Former Cap and Penguin-killer Jeff Halpern waived by NYR today.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,703
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Pitts wrote:Former Cap and Penguin-killer Jeff Halpern waived by NYR today.

Do it Pens
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby PPenguinsFan66 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Look to see some of this happening soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo
PPenguinsFan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Rochester/Buffalo, NY

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm

^lol
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,614
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Boychuk, Brian Lee and the others clear waivers from yesterday. Jeff Halpern is the exception, he's been claimed by Montreal. Stu Bickel on waivers today for New York.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,912
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail