Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Other NHL games

Postby pens2005 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:50 pm

my worst fear still alive: pens with #1 seed and the flyers get the #8.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:52 pm

brwi wrote:
guiner wrote:
I don't know what else Laviolette is supposed to do with a team that is heading the wrong way due to personnel moves made by the GM over time, but he'll surely be the first head on the chopping block. The Schenn for JVR deal was simply stupid, amongst other Holmgren blunderings.

My soon to be father in law is a die hard philly fan and to this moment thinks the flyers trading JVR for Schenn was a great trade.

Not sure if its ignorance or what.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Flyers aren't gonna make it, not with Rangers, Jets, Isles, Leafs all still in it.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 pm

pens2005 wrote:
brwi wrote:
guiner wrote:
I don't know what else Laviolette is supposed to do with a team that is heading the wrong way due to personnel moves made by the GM over time, but he'll surely be the first head on the chopping block. The Schenn for JVR deal was simply stupid, amongst other Holmgren blunderings.

My soon to be father in law is a die hard philly fan and to this moment thinks the flyers trading JVR for Schenn was a great trade.

Not sure if its ignorance or what.

I mean no disrespect to your FIL2B, but he's on his own island with that one. I can't think of a single Flyers fan who isn't cursing that trade. Hindsight and all that...

Disappointed that PHI pulled out the W; it's just what they needed--to "win the Cup" at home. It's not like the Devils didn't have their chances, though. Can't believe that Flyer-killer extraordinaire Patrik Elias didn't score in the SO. Flyers still looked bad, though. They only have two games between now and the 24th, when they come back to the CEC, so they'll be rested.

All I want (aside from a Pens Stanley Cup, of course) is a Flyers-free playoffs. Maybe if I didn't live in the area, I might feel differently.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I mean, Schenn hasn't been bad at all for Philadelphia. And JVR has already shown he's prone to ups and downs...he's been that way his whole career, even at New Hampshire. To date, he hasn't been a guy that can consistently "bring it"...so maybe next season, JVR scores 16 goals and everyone goes, "see! it was great!" ya never know...

Schenn has been about Philadelphia's best d-man this year overall though.

That said, Lt. Dish has it pretty much on point. Flyers fans are not terribly pleased with the trade overall, but they're looking at it in a "what have you done for me yesterday" view. They do like Schenn a lot. And yes, as someone that lives in the area as well, I would not like to have the opportunity to attend a playoff game at [insert bank here] Arena any time soon...
Last edited by mikey287 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Flyers aren't gonna make it, not with Rangers, Jets, Isles, Leafs all still in it.

Rangers are craptastic right now.

(Trap game tomorrow for the Pens, IMO, even though they've been good vs. the Rangers for awhile. The Rangers are desperate.)
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 pm

mikey287 wrote:I mean, Schenn hasn't been bad at all for Philadelphia. And JVR has already shown he's prone to ups and downs...he's been that way his whole career, even at New Hampshire. To date, he hasn't been a guy that can consistently "bring it"...so maybe next season, JVR scores 16 goals and everyone goes, "see! it was great!" ya never know...

Schenn has been about Philadelphia's best d-man this year overall though.

That said, Lt. Dish has it pretty much on point. Flyers fans are not terribly pleased with the trade overall, but they're looking at it in a "what have you done for me yesterday" view. They do like Schenn a lot. And yes, as someone that lives in the area as well, I would not like to have the opportunity to attend a playoff game at [insert bank here] Arena any time soon...

mikey, if you orbit in the hockey writer circles, it's very possible that you know less...let's say..."animated" and reactionary phans than I do. :lol: It's hard to imagine that Janet Jackson has actually given us the meaning of life...

IF the Flyers rally and make the playoffs, would this be your first time? (I can't remember if you were here last April.) If so, then close your eyes, do a shot, bite a stick, and pray for their speedy elimination.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:20 pm

I should've added that Bryz essentially stole the game for the Flyers, imo. Hey, he said they heff to win.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Flyers aren't gonna make it, not with Rangers, Jets, Isles, Leafs all still in it.

From your keyboard to the hockey gods' eyes.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 pm

- I haven't really been out on the street discussing hockey in the city...I'm scared to. The closest I come to talking about hockey in the city is when someone shouts an obscenity at me while walking down the street in my big Penguins coat...which happens enough times a week that I'm excited for spring...I am moving soon (about 10 blocks west), my roommate (a Flyers fan) and I will probably be a lot more social than I'm currently being. So, I'll probably end up at a bar and hear something that I can't "unhear" and then it's wit on wit...and in this city, I think I'm the favorite by 5.5 IQ points...

- No, I just moved to the city late in the summer. For the previous 7 or so years I was in Devils territory...a pretty likable fanbase that has an arena that I can walk up to, scalp two tickets for $30 and enjoy a good game. No complaints there, other than the fact that North Jersey smells like urine.

I was really hoping the Flyers lost tonight because A) I hate them. B) It would lower the demand for tickets so I could more confidently try my hand at picking up a couple before a game for a fair price...but I'm so spoiled by Devils prices that I'm never gonna be satisfied.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 pm

I just heard a Rangers fan say that Mike Keenan was a class act, in comparison to Torts.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens2005 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 pm

I live south of Philly in DE and I basically am living my life for them to lose lol.

I can't stand everything about them so I get so pissed every time they win a hockey game.

NJ dominated them and kept fumbling the puck in the 3rd. Bryzgalov was more lucky down the stretch than anything, too.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:42 pm

So Curtis Glencross scored a hat trick on cowboy hat giveaway night in Calgary? So good
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 am

Rough night for Jeff Petry, slams the puck into his own net late in the third to send it to OT and then gets walked by Pavel Datsyuk for the OT winner...not even Sparty Nation's upset in Alaska will turn his down under frown upside down I don't believe...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MarioLives on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
MarioLives wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
MarioLives wrote:Canes missed a good chance to put a strangle hold on that division. They are keeping teams like the Caps in the hunt.....

Umm..Winnipeg is 1 point behind the Canes.

Umm...I know. Historically the Caps are the ones winning this division, not Winnipeg. My point was they could have pretty much eliminated the Caps from winning that division.

Thanks though.

:face:

Caps won't win the division...I don't think they get in, but they have a better chance over say Philly.

I hope you are right Kovy. Wish I did not have such a hatred for the Caps!
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm

It sounds like we can expect an especially long ceremony in TOR tonight.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:16 pm

MarioLives wrote:I hope you are right Kovy. Wish I did not have such a hatred for the Caps!

Loss today pretty much sums up their season. No heart, no desire...its over.
21 games to go, 14th place, -7 points to 8th place Winnipeg.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PaLionking on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:17 pm

columbia wrote:It sounds like we can expect an especially long ceremony in TOR tonight.

When don't they have long ceremonies before their weekend games.
PaLionking
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Welcome back Lupul.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Awesome to see Colby Armstrong pot one
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Man I love HNIC
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Man I love HNIC

The pre-game discussion of LL was awesome.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Just got home. How many goals did Tangradi score?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Round 10 of a shoot out in TOR
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 pm

columbia wrote:Round 10 of a shoot out in TOR

That was awesome. I know the shootout is a "gimmick", but it's awesome to look forward to that as opposed to a meh tie game.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NPR