Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Other NHL games

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 am

I think Washington's ceiling is too low for that to happen. They just aren't that good.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:17 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
brwi wrote:
nocera wrote:It's hilarious to me that Washington can suck so badly for the majority of the season, barely be above .500 and yet are now sitting in the third spot.

Shortened Season + SouthEast Division imploding = Caps' chance to maybe make the playoffs and then lose as usual.

I don't know about that. This could be one of those years where an 8 seed comes in, clicking on all cylinders and makes a run...Washington could be that team at #3.

Not doubting that the Caps have a good shot at #3 as that would be the SE winner of the division, but I question if they can last one round against anyone else. I don't know if they can get hot enough to overcome their glaring weaknesses and unproven HC. I'd definitely bet against them.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:23 am

brwi wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
brwi wrote:
nocera wrote:It's hilarious to me that Washington can suck so badly for the majority of the season, barely be above .500 and yet are now sitting in the third spot.

Shortened Season + SouthEast Division imploding = Caps' chance to maybe make the playoffs and then lose as usual.

I don't know about that. This could be one of those years where an 8 seed comes in, clicking on all cylinders and makes a run...Washington could be that team at #3.

Not doubting that the Caps have a good shot at #3 as that would be the SE winner of the division, but I question if they can last one round against anyone else. I don't know if they can get hot enough to overcome their glaring weaknesses and unproven HC. I'd definitely bet against them.

Not sure Pens fans can really talk about unproven head coaches being a reason not to go all the way, but yeah, they have some pretty big gaps in their team.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:53 am

Their defense/goaltending is terrible.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lesky on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:55 am

If the Caps would eliminate the Pens, that would make very very angry and that is an understatement.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens2005 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:40 pm

relantel wrote:entertaining shootout. Shooters in rounds 1, 2, and 4 all scored. Goalies huge in rounds 3 and 5. Shattenkirk gets the deciding goal in round 6.

They'll play flyers first round, flyers will steamroll them and play us in round 2.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 pm

pens2005 wrote:
relantel wrote:entertaining shootout. Shooters in rounds 1, 2, and 4 all scored. Goalies huge in rounds 3 and 5. Shattenkirk gets the deciding goal in round 6.

They'll play flyers first round, flyers will steamroll them and play us in round 2.

Phans I know are pulling for the Pens tonight.

That makes me uneasy. I never root for my guys to lose. So, theoretically, we can still dominate and get back to form and still go to OT/SO, as the NYR are still desperate. Would you be happy with that?

Again, not "afraid" of the Flyers. I just don't want to deal with them and the phans, especially because I envision them whipping up all this "we-never-die-do-it-for-Max-team-of-destiny" crap. I see it...I see the storm clouds gathering. I'm hearing the distant rumbling, and I wish it were just indigestion.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brwi on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
brwi wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
brwi wrote:

Not sure Pens fans can really talk about unproven head coaches being a reason not to go all the way, but yeah, they have some pretty big gaps in their team.

Wouldn't bet on lightning striking twice in the same spot as far as the head coaching goes. Caps were a better team last year and a much better team for a couple of years before then. I guess my main indictment would be that the Caps' talent level is now at the point to where you need a pretty strong HC where before they maybe could have won regardless because they were more skilled. BB IS a good HC, but they just fell a little short and he paid the price. Now, I don't think they have a team that can be favored over anyone in the East in a 7 game series and Oates isn't going to help.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pens2005 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

That makes me uneasy. I never root for my guys to lose. So, theoretically, we can still dominate and get back to form and still go to OT/SO, as the NYR are still desperate. Would you be happy with that?

Again, not "afraid" of the Flyers. I just don't want to deal with them and the phans, especially because I envision them whipping up all this "we-never-die-do-it-for-Max-team-of-destiny" crap. I see it...I see the storm clouds gathering. I'm hearing the distant rumbling, and I wish it were just indigestion.

Perfectly said!
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:57 pm

pens2005 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
pens2005 wrote:They'll play flyers first round, flyers will steamroll them and play us in round 2.

Perfectly said!

Everyone I know out here is back on the bandwagon. I can't blame them, but it doesn't make it less annoying. Comcast SportsNet is going to town celebrating and constantly running highlights of the last 4 games, and the trash talking has resumed.

Go, Jets, go! You'd think the Jets would be furious and fired up to reclaim their division after going from 3rd to 10th just like that. Although I guess you can't say it's "just like that" when you've lost 5 in a row.

Straight up and at a very quick glance--so not really going into ROWs and other tie-breakers--I'm rooting for WIN, NJ, NYI, and FLA today. I can live with a TB win in a 3-point game (I know, as long as Stamkos draws a blank), as that puts some pressure on WSH and PHI.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 pm

THE CLITTER
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby profpolisci on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 pm

1-1
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby profpolisci on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:34 pm

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

timeout? :D
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:35 pm

JETS
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Oooooooooh, so happy. Dancing. The Jets have remembered that their season is on the line.

Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Unexpected turn of events, but I'll take it.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:41 pm

YOU'RE TWISTING MY MELON MAN!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I was going to make a joke about Clitsome scoring, but it wouldn't have been family board material.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby profpolisci on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 pm

3-1
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pens2595 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm

It's now 3-1 Jets.
Pens2595
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm

GONNA STAMP OUT YOUR FIRE!!!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Gaucho wrote:YOU'RE TWISTING MY MELON MAN!

CALL THE COPS!!!

Such a fun tune. I played "C'mon Every Beatbox" after the Jets' first goal and Frank Zappa's "Valley Girl" after the third. I'm my own Out-of-Game Ops.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pens2595 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha 4-1.
Pens2595
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Gaucho, your call for the 4th goal. What should I play to celebrate? You post it.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NPR