Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Other NHL games

Postby shmenguin on Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 pm

i'm just happy a team finally embarrassed itself more than we did in game 3 last year. the stink smells a little finer tonight.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 pm

meow wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
offsides wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Josh Georges takes a shot at one of the Sens players.
Brandon Prust attempts to hit Craig Anderson.

**** you, MT.

Why does MT get all the blame? Seems to me the Montreal players deserve a big portion of it also.

Get control of your players. Blame all of them, but the coach has to have control of his players.

Maybe at pee-wee level. These are grown men. There is a difference.

There's a difference between losing control (Pens last year) and putting out guys like Prust to start ****.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 pm

I will add one thing...I didn't like the way P.K. Subban handled his business in that one. Obviously you don't want a guy swinging before another guy drops them, you don't want a guy swinging when a guy is on his back, that's no good...but Subban is out there (and honestly, he's growing on me as a player this last little while...don't love everything he does, not even close, but he's growing on me) and he's throwing these big Kronwallian hits and he's showing up guys a little bit, and he's getting grimy and sticky and the whole thing and there comes a time where you have to drop them and go with someone your own size...ya know...at some point, someone is going to challenge you and tell you, "hey, you can't be running around taking heads off...let's go..."

And the guy that he's going to go after is Kyle Turris? I don't appreciate that. Take on a middle-weight, take on a guy that wants to go with you and take out your frustration on that guy if you gotta do it...and it's fine if you do, it is...but you gotta challenge the right guy. I don't need you to take on Chris Neil, no...but you shouldn't be jumping Kyle Turris...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PaLionking on Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't think MT had a choice who to send out. Didn't they only have 4 players on the bench & one in the box.
PaLionking
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm

mikey287 wrote:I will add one thing...I didn't like the way P.K. Subban handled his business in that one. Obviously you don't want a guy swinging before another guy drops them, you don't want a guy swinging when a guy is on his back, that's no good...but Subban is out there (and honestly, he's growing on me as a player this last little while...don't love everything he does, not even close, but he's growing on me) and he's throwing these big Kronwallian hits and he's showing up guys a little bit, and he's getting grimy and sticky and the whole thing and there comes a time where you have to drop them and go with someone your own size...ya know...at some point, someone is going to challenge you and tell you, "hey, you can't be running around taking heads off...let's go..."

And the guy that he's going to go after is Kyle Turris? I don't appreciate that. Take on a middle-weight, take on a guy that wants to go with you and take out your frustration on that guy if you gotta do it...and it's fine if you do, it is...but you gotta challenge the right guy. I don't need you to take on Chris Neil, no...but you shouldn't be jumping Kyle Turris...

P.K. has been known for being a pansy and going after smaller guys.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Haha Kesler you're a bum
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby profpolisci on Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

A Burrow's hater said Kessler is gonna get lice :)
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby meow on Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
offsides wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Josh Georges takes a shot at one of the Sens players.
Brandon Prust attempts to hit Craig Anderson.

**** you, MT.

Why does MT get all the blame? Seems to me the Montreal players deserve a big portion of it also.

Get control of your players. Blame all of them, but the coach has to have control of his players.

Maybe at pee-wee level. These are grown men. There is a difference.

There's a difference between losing control (Pens last year) and putting out guys like Prust to start ****.

MT didn't exactly have his full line-up to spill over the boards. NHL coaches don't have a ton of leverage over their players during the playoffs. You aren't going to scratch a guy or cut his playing time because he didn't listen to something you told him.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby offsides on Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

shmenguin wrote:i'm just happy a team finally embarrassed itself more than we did in game 3 last year. the stink smells a little finer tonight.

Yeah, this was definitely worse than the flyer nonsense, and I don't think HCDB sent one player out to do any of that crap. A head coach cannot always control grown men in the heat of a game. Didn't DB tell one of our players not to defend Johnson in that Islander game, but he did it anyway?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

The press conference bites that NBCSN just played during the intermission were tremendous. Game 4 will be a fun watch (for non-Penguins/Fishsticks fans).
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Apparently Roenick and Milbury called the Strait penalty a dive by Crosby?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Apparently Roenick and Milbury called the Strait penalty a dive by Crosby?

Not sure if they went that far but they both complained over and over about it being called with both saying that you (paraphrase) 'don't call that type of penalty in playoff overtime'. They pretty much showed their stupidity with that statement. FWIW, Keith Jones said in the intermission of Sharks-Canucks that he would have called the penalty.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Orlando Penguin wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Apparently Roenick and Milbury called the Strait penalty a dive by Crosby?

Not sure if they went that far but they both complained over and over about it being called with both saying that you (paraphrase) 'don't call that type of penalty in playoff overtime'. They pretty much showed their stupidity with that statement. FWIW, Keith Jones said in the intermission of Sharks-Canucks that he would have called the penalty.

They said about 5 times in 30 seconds that Sid went down "awfully easy." They mentioned he's a very strong skater a few times. So they didn't say he dove or embellished verbatim, but it was clear what they were portraying. To be fair, Milbury did say that the rule book should apply the same in OT. It was just in the same breath he described Sid as diving.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I will add one thing...I didn't like the way P.K. Subban handled his business in that one. Obviously you don't want a guy swinging before another guy drops them, you don't want a guy swinging when a guy is on his back, that's no good...but Subban is out there (and honestly, he's growing on me as a player this last little while...don't love everything he does, not even close, but he's growing on me) and he's throwing these big Kronwallian hits and he's showing up guys a little bit, and he's getting grimy and sticky and the whole thing and there comes a time where you have to drop them and go with someone your own size...ya know...at some point, someone is going to challenge you and tell you, "hey, you can't be running around taking heads off...let's go..."

So he's Milan Lucic?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Keith Jones is developing into a good, objective commentator.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm

bhaw wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

So he's Milan Lucic?

He's Lucic's eviler twin brother.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh, and JR called Pens fans classless on twitter. What a unprofessional clown.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Keith Jones is developing into a good, objective commentator.

Amazing how you can look when you are surrounded by JR, Milbury, and Peirre.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm

If it's not a Flyers broadcast....then that homer disease that oozes all over their telecasts clings on to him too.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 pm

How are people going to blame Luongo for this one?

Roberto certainly hasn't proven to be clutch, but it's pretty apparent that the Canucks as a whole are just chokers. It's not isolated to Luongo. Are the Sedins even in the playoffs?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Oh, and JR called Pens fans classless on twitter. What a unprofessional clown.

He said "certain" Penguins fans. He's still a whiny schmuck who hasn't gotten over 1992.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Oh, and JR called Pens fans classless on twitter. What a unprofessional clown.

And here it is...

Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick 5h
Love reading all the tweets about today's games. Even all the ******** and whining those certain classless penguin fans r doing. Comical
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Canucks with a sign of life.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Orlando Penguin wrote:

And here it is...

Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick 5h
Love reading all the tweets about today's games. Even all the ******** and whining those certain classless penguin fans r doing. Comical

This is so childish.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby llipgh2 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Orlando Penguin wrote:

If it's not a Flyers broadcast....then that homer disease that oozes all over their telecasts clings on to him too.

Well, he works Flyers broadcasts for CSN. Guess he wants to keep his job. LOL
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NPR